LegacyGT.com

2016/17 NFL thread

BDII

Intrested to see if the pats grab a backup QB either by draft or trade. My guess is Grappalo will take the snaps. They don't have a another backup. Unless you count Edelman :lol:

I am sure they will add a 3rd QB, they typically do for training camp to spread out the reps. Last year they carried a few different extra QB's (Flynn & Lindley) until that deflategate BS got overturned.

Now that the 4 game suspension is back on I wish Brady would just accept it and let the union fight it out with the league during the next contract negotiation.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Draft is over, lots of teams received significant upgrades with this deep, deep draft class. Have to say I'm happy with the Seahawks picks and their undrafted signings after the draft was over. Looking forward to the 2016-2017 season.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

"I listened to Sam Bradford again. I just almost threw up," Bennett said. "I can't believe Sam Bradford is complaining about making $40 million in the next two years, and because he actually has to compete for a position. This guy, this guy right here definitely sets a bad tone of what a player should be.

"If I was his teammate ... how can you play with a guy that doesn't want to compete at a high level and feels like his position should be solidified without even putting up the stats or the wins to back that up?"

:lol:

The loss total for the Patriots only moved a 1/2 game over the first for games with Brady out.

I hope the Pats steamroll every team on their way to Super Bowl win number 5.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

The loss total for the Patriots only moved a 1/2 game over the first for games with Brady out.

Good luck with that.. they cant win without cheating or brady :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

• 3 weeks later...

It's a shame seeing guys go down during the season but even worse in ota's or training camp.

The ship has sailed for the Patriots. They may still win the East but they will not win the Superbowl. I can't wait for their team to go 5-11 so all the bandwagon fans can jump ship.

It's a shame seeing guys go down during the season but even worse in ota's or training camp.

The ship has sailed for the Patriots. They may still win the East but they will not win the Superbowl. I can't wait for their team to go 5-11 so all the bandwagon fans can jump ship.

I wouldn't count New England out that easily... they have won 10 games or more in 14 consecutive seasons. And I have a good feeling that Brady passing the torch to Garoppolo will be a good thing. I remember when Brady first filled in for Bledsoe, no one had any faith and look how that turned out.

I will agree with you on one thing. If for some unforeseen reason the pats take a nose dive it will be great to see all the bandwagon fans disappear :)

Go Pats!

Wut? :lol:

Did you see my comment above?

They're stronger and healthier than last year, and the previous. If everyone stays healthy they will wim the Superbowl.

Not to pile on here, but how would the Pats take the conference with a 5-11 record lol?

I didn't say they would go 5-11 this year. I'm stating their gradual downfall over the next couple of years. I'll bet some money they don't make it to the Super Bowl let alone win another Lombardi trophy.

I didn't say they would go 5-11 this year. I'm stating their gradual downfall over the next couple of years. I'll bet some money they don't make it to the Super Bowl let alone win another Lombardi trophy.

Well I guess we will wait and see, I am hopeful Gronk can stay healthy and Jimmy G performs during the first 4 games. But as you know anything can happen on Sunday :)

• 3 weeks later...
The Colts are #$&%'ing stupid for paying that much to Luck. Hell, Kaepenick has had more success on the field than Luck has. Highest paid contract in NFL history, 140 million over 6 years, 87 million guaranteed. Just stupid.

The Colts are #$&%'ing stupid for paying that much to Luck. Hell, Kaepenick has had more success on the field than Luck has. Highest paid contract in NFL history, 140 million over 6 years, 87 million guaranteed. Just stupid.

I disagree.

He's a great QB that needs better talent around him.

Remember the season when they did that? Except for the Giants in the Superbowl? That was the best season EVER :lol:

And yet, every team except one would have preferred having a season like that than the one they ended up having. It's interesting seeing non-Patriots fans still getting so worked up over that Superbowl while just about every Patriots fan simply shrugs their shoulders now.

Archived