LegacyGT.com

2016/17 NFL thread

BDII

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't underestimate a pissed off Brady

I never do lol, 12 and 4 is not underestimating imo, and that will be enough to have a strong playoff berth in your division with a chance to go all the way. I don't think that will work in our division, we have Arizona to contend with. If you're not 13-3 or better then you're not getting home field in the playoffs. There is also the Panthers to consider but they won't have another year like that again, what were they, 15 and 1?

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• 4 weeks later...

Just did my fantasy draft today, pretty happy with my draft. We're an IDP league so this is my line up:

QB: Carson Palmer

WR: Odell Beckham Jr.

WR: Julian Edelman

RB: Mark Ingram

RB: Arian Foster

TE: Jason Witten

Flex: Mohamed Sanu

Bench: Alex Smith (QB), Teddy Bridgewater (QB), Anquan Boldin (WR), Michael Thomas (NO, WR), Larry Donnell (NYG, TE), Alfred Jenkins (TB, TE), Alfred Morris (Dal, RB)

Kicker: Mason Crosby

Team Defense: Cincinnati (NYG Defense as my back up)

DB: Ha Ha Clinton Dix

DB: Harrison Smith

LB: Brandon Marshall

LB: Sean Lee

DL: Olivier Vernon

DL: Carlos Dunlap

Bench: Kam Chancellor (SEA, DB), Prince Amukamara (JAX, DB), Richard Sherman, Vonn Miller (LB), Clay Matthews (LB), Melvin Ingram (LB), Cliff Avril (DL)

My defense is stacked but I figure use them as trade bait. IDP leagues are tough if you don't have the right guys on defense. It's easy to draft good offensive guys and a good team defense but if your IDP's are shit you will lose games by chump change points. I wasn't the happiest with my QB selection and I could use a better RB, I know at least 3 guys in my league drafted very offense heavy and will need some defenders that produce points, so I could balance my team out with some good bait.

Trade injury prone Sean Lee and start Von. I've never played IDP but Von is one of the top defensive players in the league so unless you can get 2 good players for him, I'd trade someone less reliable.

I'm doing a live draft Tuesday through nfl.com. I haven't played in a few years and kicked myself in the ass for not playing last year.

Man that sucks about Teddy Bridgewater, I hope he overcomes this and makes a full recovery, I kinda found myself routing for him last year (except when he played us of course). First Romo now this, just bad news all around this pre season.

Arizona on the other hand will benefit, their cakewalk schedule just got even easier. They get to face the Patriots without Tom Brady and now the Vikings without their starting QB, the only tough games on their schedule are us (Seahawks) and the Panthers and maybe the Redskins. It's going to be 13-3 all over again. And why do they only play the Seahawks once (in Arizona) this year? I thought you played all teams in your division twice every year?

Edit, nevermind, the last two games were cut off from their schedule, 2nd game vs the Seahawks is Dec 24th, then the Rams.

Cards vs Pats Super Bowl

Calling it now

:lol:

Not if we have anything to say about it, 0-3 record this preseason, not a big deal but not promising either. Plus do you think Palmer will last the whole season? His injury track record isn't good and when he actually gets to the playoffs, his playoff record is terrible. Palmer this Preseason is: 12/22 for 139 yds, 3 int QB rating 34.3, that isn't good, even if it's just preaseason

I wouldn't bet on it, even with their cakewalk schedule.

If preseason stats has ever told us anything... well, it'd be for the first time ever.

Right.....which is why I said "no big deal", but his playoff record and injury record still suck, but I'm sure they will be G R E A T until the playoffs, if Palmer even last that long....But hey if you two are that sure about it then go ahead and slap your money down on them winning the SB making the SB, I'm sure the Vegas odds are wonderful.

Right.....which is why I said "no big deal", but his playoff record and injury record still suck, but I'm sure they will be G R E A T until the playoffs, if Palmer even last that long....But hey if you two are that sure about it then go ahead and slap your money down on them winning the SB making the SB, I'm sure the Vegas odds are wonderful.

Or they can just give me the money instead because i highly doubt thats gonna be the game :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Von Miller has had an unreal past 2 seasons, I hope that doesn't put a target on his back this year for being double and triple teamed, I only care because he's on my fantasy team.

Looks like the target was on Cam newton's back tonight, he took at least 3 good shots to the head, got his bell rung twice. I'm surprised he didn't leave with a concussion. Denver's stupid penalties should have cost them the game, they got lucky that last field goal went wide left, very lucky. they should have lost their home opener tonight. Way Too many penalties, Denver needs to clean it up pronto.

That last hit on cam you can see Cam intentionally drop his head. He was trying to get flag's all night.

Von Miller is a great player in person but terrible in fantasy as he only goes for sacks and tackles for loss. In IDP leagues you need LB's that get tackles between the trenches, not a LB that goes swinging for the fences every time.

That last hit on cam you can see Cam intentionally drop his head. He was trying to get flag's all night.

Von Miller is a great player in person but terrible in fantasy as he only goes for sacks and tackles for loss. In IDP leagues you need LB's that get tackles between the trenches, not a LB that goes swinging for the fences every time.

Him and Ware are Beast, that defense still looks nasty, but they did have trouble stopping the run in the first half and let Cam convert too many tonight. siemian didn't look too bad though, we'll just have to see....

Siemian looked no better than Sanchez ever has in his career, which is a step up from Tebow. I've read people online already criticizing Siemian for his stats tonight, for his first ever NFL start they weren't awful, considering he was playing against what is probably the best all around team in the league on both sides of the ball. He still has a lot of games in the season to prove his value.

Knowing Elway and his ego, he is already thinking about a more elite and experienced QB in the near future. My guess is he will be looking at someone like Rivers, Brees, Ryan or Stafford. I know they all recently signed extensions but I don't think it would be unrealistic for Elway to make some ridiculous trade for one of them.

I think Siemian did a good job against a very good team. He also makes some Manning like faces sometimes. And his last name is Siemian and his parents are doctors but they look like old Russian spies. Pretty sure he's a Manning test tube baby.

I highly doubt Cam was intentionally putting his head down, risking his own health and career for a 15 yard penalty. Let's be honest, the NFL has their golden boy QB's that they protect at all costs. The biggest issues I have with the NFL is they blatantly do not call some obvious penalties and they are not uniform across the board on calls.

Denver was clearly playing dirty and in the day and age of player safety, the NFL failed to protect the players. I bet if notorious repeat offenders did the same thing the flag would have been thrown. A penalty is a penalty no matter the circumstances.

Archived