LegacyGT.com

2016/17 NFL thread

BDII

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Giants went up against a good defense and they improvised as best as they could against it. More so turnovers crushed them than anything else. Minus the 2 turnovers, the score would have been 17-10.

there is still a lot of football left this season. Even in our 2 wins I wasn't really pleased with this team, barely winning their first 2 games and not in a real impressive fashion either. Odell needs to get his shit together and stop crying everytime something doesn't go his way.

I think the Giants need to take him out of the spotlight as their star player and it will check his ego. If it weren't for Victor Cruz being out the last 2 years he wouldn't be as big as he is. Now that Cruz is back and is playing like he used to, it's time to feature him and shepard, not odell

Francessa is livid on the FAN today about Odell. I have to agree, someone in this Giants organization needs to tell Odell to knock the shit off, even if it means benching him for a few games so he learns his lesson. The veterans on this team like JPP, Cruz or Eli need to stand up to him and tell him to knock it off. He hasn't scored a TD since they played the Panthers last year and he needs to be humbled about it.

That's a little low :lol: I think Cruz and Shepard are a good combo together, I don't see Cruz going down like he did 2 years ago again, part of what caused his injury 2 years ago was him being the top receiver. There was not much depth at receiver below Cruz at the time, he was getting the best defenders going up against him every week beating him up. Being the #2 or #3 receiver in this offense he won't see that kind of abuse. I would rather see Shepard be the #1 receiver and Cruz as #2.

This organization is afraid to say something to Odell and it's evident as they are treating his behavior in a passive aggressive manner. All Mcadoo said last week to the press was "Odell needs to figure out a way to calm himself" rather than being a head coach and addressing it himself. I would either bench him, or use him smartly in a way that you use him as a decoy to run routes against the best defenders while you continue passing to Shepard and Cruz. I have no problem with that but in those situations you need to not consider passing the ball to Odell.

how can you say that's a tendency when in 6 years he's been injured twice? RG3 or Tony Romo is a player who has a tendency to get injured. Sam Bradford is someone with a tendency to get injured, not Victor Cruz who had 1 major injury in his career.

how can you say that's a tendency when in 6 years he's been injured twice? RG3 or Tony Romo is a player who has a tendency to get injured. Sam Bradford is someone with a tendency to get injured, not Victor Cruz who had 1 major injury in his career.

And yet all 3 have played more than him in the past 2 seasons. And he has already had a minor groin injury that kept him out of some practices.

And yet all 3 have played more than him in the past 2 seasons. And he has already had a minor groin injury that kept him out of some practices.

He had a major knee surgery that took him 2 years to recover from. RG3 didn't even make it a quarter in to this season before being out for the year, Romo didn't even make it through 1 pre season game before getting injured, his career is done. For victor to be back like he is after that kind of injury is nothing short of amazing, that doesn't make him injury prone like you claim. You're talking out of your ass :lol: :lol:

I'm not rustled at all, i'm just calling you out for talking out of your ass for calling him injury prone for 1 injury in 6 seasons and for missing practices during preseason (what player hasn't missed practices honestly)

I'm not rustled at all, i'm just calling you out for talking out of your ass for calling him injury prone for 1 injury in 6 seasons and for missing practices during preseason (what player hasn't missed practices honestly)

Russell Wilson hasn't missed a single practice or game ever.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

You guys are silly. You don't bench the best player on offense. OBJ is a star playmaker and it got to his head. Like Eli said, he brought it upon himself. He needs to man up and should have known that all the fame and publicity can quickly turn into criticism. He's crying because people ignore him. He needs to know his place as a young player in the NFL.

They absolutely need to bench him. He has not learned from his mistakes and is spiraling out of control. Jeremy Shockey was the same way which is why his career never developed in to something substantial. Odell is a very talented player, without a doubt the best receiver in the game right now skill wise, however his mental game is weak and it's affecting his game greatly. Mcadoo needs to check this kid's ego ASAP, whether he gets benched or a rude awakening from the staff to tell him he isn't special. Ever since the Panthers game last year when he mental game was exposed he has unraveled as a player and the Giants have done NOTHING to correct this with him.

Also, I don't think Odell is this team's best player. Been a Giants fan for 20 years and of this current roster, Odell is not the best, Victor Cruz is a much better player. Other than Odell's crazy 1 hand catch 2 years ago, he hasn't done much to impress me as a player. His breakaway speed is amazing as the catch, but he is way too flashy and doesn't make plays when we need him too.

Brady only cries when defenses knock him on his ass :lol: eg. the Giants 2007 and 2011 defenses, Baltimore in 2012/3, Denver last year.

Odell's problem is he is NOT a team player. He had his success the last 2 years because of the absence of Cruz, he was in the right place at the right time and the depth chart was pretty empty below him. Now that he is part of a trio with 2 other talented receivers, he's mad he isn't getting the ball when teams are focusing on him and the other 2 are flourishing as a result. Now this team is in a situation where they have the means to win games and he isn't coping with that strategy. He was a diamond in the rough the past 2 years where the rest of the team was so bad he was really just out there as damage control.

I really have no problem with the Giants benching him to check his ego, hell I wouldn't have a problem if they trade him at this point because he is good trade bait. Trade him to the Broncos for Von Miller straight up, or to Cincinnati for Carlos Dunlap and a draft pick. Good receivers are a dime a dozen to draft and the Giants have had much success drafting good receivers through the years. He needs a gut check and needs it now.

If Brady is Superman, the Giants are kryptonite. If once was a fluke, they did it a second time so we know it's real. Giants own the Patriots on the biggest stage and that's how history will be written. BD, please let Rza breath without jumping down his throat every chance you get.

While we are discussing trade talks, what big name player do you guys think is most likely traded before the deadline?

Archived