LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

Totally in the same boat. Plus with the recent pictures, not all of the pad being used is a total deal breaker. I picked up a whole front brembo setup for the same price as the ATS which just made more sense to me.

Were you already on 18s? Or do the Brembos fit under 17s?

STI brembos fit under 17x7.5 +53 I believe. Which is the size of the JDM Split 5's on an Impreza. Not sure how it correlates to an LGT. Stock 17s definitely won't fit BUT since I got the wrong size caliper it could be possible. The inner barrel shouldn't step down like the 04 STI BBS wheel though.

Not fitting on stock 17s (even with spacers) kills the interest for me. Car is 11+ years old. Hoping it runs another 2-3. Looking for a newer semi-DD/track toy (thinking used cts-v) with lgt as backup. 18s + this would be $3k easily - car isn't worth $3k. I did just pay $2k+ to repair front diff + add hexmods f1, but that wasn't really an 'upgrade', more a 'keep it running' cost.

yup

i firmly believe people should get better pads and stock/upgraded rotors. stop complaining about dust. its a necessity in order to have a good pad.

chipping the corners off of a square wheel to make it round is simply counter productive.

Good tires, pads are mandatory. They make the world of a difference. Dust is inevitable. Though there are some pads that dust a shit ton like axxis ultimates. Loved them but a lot of dust.

I'm using Hankook RS3 right now on my STI.

I've used BFG KDW/KDW2, Bridgestone RE11, RE01R and similar tires. I'm actually using BFG Sport Comp 2 on the LGT right now.

I'm running Pilot AS3s (before that, AS/AS+, before that other decent tires). For pads, I've liked the Carbotech Bobcats the best - better (IMHO) than Stoptech, and WAY better than HPS.

As for calipers - my main reason to want an upgrade is that even after replacing both fronts a few years ago with rebuilt units, I'm still getting a bit of pull now and again to the passenger side under heavy braking.

I'm running Pilot AS3s (before that, AS/AS+, before that other decent tires). For pads, I've liked the Carbotech Bobcats the best - better (IMHO) than Stoptech, and WAY better than HPS.

As for calipers - my main reason to want an upgrade is that even after replacing both fronts a few years ago with rebuilt units, I'm still getting a bit of pull now and again to the passenger side under heavy braking.

i looked into your bobcats. they seem to have a lower heat capacity than the ST 309 series. recenty ST released a 308 series which i think may be a bobcat equiv.

i asked about them but havent received a response yet. i may call them up tomorrow. i currently run the 309.

same tires i have. i too used as+ prior and the re960. the as3 even with the oil coating stopped shorter than the v.2 as+ broken in on a very cold day to boot. and can lock up my 245-40-17 with stock sized rotors.

they have a a/s3+ now with "28%" more snow traction. i will prorate for them in oct or november and check them out.

as2 and as3 deal with hydroplane btter than the re960's did. yes i know that have re970 but im not taking that chance.

Edited by Phillip J. Fry

Carbotech bobcats are great pads! I had them in my stock brake setup and in the brembo setup and hopefully they make a set for the ATS setup.

Bobcats are clean and quiet. They aren't great at dealing with heat. I was able to smoke them pretty easily in only two runs at a Track-X event.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Bobcats are clean and quiet. They aren't great at dealing with heat. I was able to smoke them pretty easily in only two runs at a Track-X event.

They're a street and auto-x pad only. I've never heard of track-x before so i'm assuming it's an open track racing like super lap or similar. I wouldn't ever run bobcats there due to their heat rating. Bobcats are awesome pads for the street. granted for track days I use axxis ultimates or similar track pad along with running dot4 fluid.

Carbotech™ 1521™

The Carbotech™ 1521™ is our high performance street compound. The 1521™ compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521™ is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech™ 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech™ 1521™ is NOT recommended for ANY track use.

My findings of not fitting under 17s are because the stock wheels are 17s but the way the inner barrel is will be the problem. I'm quite sure that these can fit under 17s because STI brembos do fit as long as you have the right inner barrel and the spokes don't come in too much. If I had another set of 17s to fit once my replacement calipers (read: correct ones). I know my friend has a pair of prodrive wheels I can fit up to verify.

I'll also verify if I can find some RPF1s as well locally to verify. I have an STI spare tire I'll check that too that's 5x100

I would still like to know what happens with spec.B 18s. I'd be okay with needing a small spacer probably...I don't mind changing bearings :hide:
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

I would still like to know what happens with spec.B 18s. I'd be okay with needing a small spacer probably...I don't mind changing bearings :hide:

What do they look like? Maybe I can find someone locally that has a set. But SpecB's here aren't common.

what we need is: 172-2586 & 172-2587

what I received was 172-2592 & 172-2593 (these are for the 2013-2015 XTS)

they are definitely bigger than the ATS version. the rotors and pads are the same though!

So now i wait till i receive the correct ones (hopefully soon) and I spoke with Amazon and they'll be issuing me a refund for the wrong ones even though I had them well beyond their return and refund window!

the bracket works honestly. If i had bigger rotors it would've worked.

Just so you know the Cadillac part numbers are:

RF 22760031

LF 22760030

Just got mine and they were stickered as such. Cross referenced to triple verify. All good

-Squid

Just so you know the Cadillac part numbers are:

RF 22760031

LF 22760030

Just got mine and they were stickered as such. Cross referenced to triple verify. All good

-Squid

Thanks , I've had mine sitting since late January, early February. Didn't install till recently. Got Amazon to take them back. The ACDELCO part numbers is what I posted. They're the same as your cross reference parts. They definitely sent me the wrong ones and that's why they took it back. Correct ones are in route already.

What do they look like? Maybe I can find someone locally that has a set. But SpecB's here aren't common.

I found some pix online...I think the spokes have a slight concave shape which would help. Don't have my car with me so not sure how much room there is between the stock caliper and the spokes though. How much wider are these Brembos than stock?http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/eacf7ab71b01919cc4a816799f7051f8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/11b683968fac1d503ce1bb31e9fbbaae.jpg

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

I found some pix online...I think the spokes have a slight concave shape which would help. Don't have my car with me so not sure how much room there is between the stock caliper and the spokes though. How much wider are these Brembos than stock?http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/eacf7ab71b01919cc4a816799f7051f8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160501/11b683968fac1d503ce1bb31e9fbbaae.jpg

Ah. They have Saab centers in that pic. My friend has a 92x as well. Anyway, the inner barrels look promising. You may need a spacer 5mm or so to clear but you've got good chance. The brembo sits beyond he top hat of the rotor.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5246/5268096921_e364004331_b.jpg

Found this image on a legacy forum in the UK. the clearance between the front caliper and the wheel for these wheels are pretty close. Like I said. You may need a 5mm spacer to clear.