LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

Depending on how many people are running these and what the general consensus is I will probably get a set when I get back from my last training cruise coming up for the next 2 months. Hopefully they work out well for people as I like the caliper appearance more than the STi brembo caliper appearance.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

If you want to start a group buy do it! Just remember to follow the rules in the group buy subforum. I'd take it on if I wasn't about to head to sea for 2 months. Hopefully you can get it organized in the next few days and I can get in before it closes.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I doubt if I have any wheels that would clear these. Not sure I can justify buying two new sets of wheels (winter plus summer) to make this work. Requiring new wheels kind of kills the value for me. I'm surprised there is so much interest considering wheel clearance issues.

I don't like the stock wheels and I need to get my brakes done some time this year. Therefore I have an interest in this.

So I can either do basic brakes and upgrade them later, or upgrade to Brembos at a savings.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Damd, where were these when i upgraded to sti brembos. But I need some 6 piston monoblock love in my life. But these are a good alternative .

Below is the parts list for the install.

ATS Brembo Calipers with hardware kit

Left caliper- Ac Delco Part Number 172-2586

Right Caliper- Ac Delco Part Number 172-2587

Caliper Hardware Kit- Carlson Part Number H5869

OR Ac Delco part number 18K1971X

2004 Subaru STI 5x100 12.8” rotors

High Carbon Blank Rotors- Centric Part Number 125.47019

Drilled Rotors- Stoptech Part Number 128.47019L & 128.47019R

Slotted Rotors- Stoptech Part Number 126.47019SL & 126.47019SR

Drilled and Slotted Rotors- Stoptech Part Number 127.47019L & 127.47019R

*You can use whichever brand rotors you like as long as they are 2004 5x100

bolt pattern 12.8” STI rotors*

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Brake Pads

Ac Delco Part Number- 17D1050M

*You can use whichever brand brake pads you want as long as they are for a

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V with Brembo calipers*

Stainless Braided Brake lines (optional)

Centric Part Number- 950.44034

P

Edited by battelready

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

I don't like the stock wheels and I need to get my brakes done some time this year. Therefore I have an interest in this.

So I can either do basic brakes and upgrade them later, or upgrade to Brembos at a savings.

SC

Yeah but you've got the spec.B 18s which I think will clear these Brembos. Would be nice to have confirmation.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Yeah but you've got the spec.B 18s which I think will clear these Brembos. Would be nice to have confirmation.

Regular brembos cant clear those without help. I suspect the sti bbs could not clear because originally they just about cleared the sti brembos but these being a bit bigger would hit. You could go the way latent suggested and sand them down after which you repaint. They are pretty cheap and Amazons return policy is excellent.

My high mileage turd.

Regular brembos cant clear those without help. I suspect the sti bbs could not clear because originally they just about cleared the sti brembos but these being a bit bigger would hit. You could go the way latent suggested and sand them down after which you repaint. They are pretty cheap and Amazons return policy is excellent.

Ok not entirely sure what you're saying here...but the 17" STi BBSs didn't clear the Cadillac Brembos because the 17" rim was too small, but these brakes are narrower than the STi Brembos so I thought (hope) they might clear the 18" spec.B wheels. SC, try em out for me!

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Ok not entirely sure what you're saying here...but the 17" STi BBSs didn't clear the Cadillac Brembos because the 17" rim was too small, but these brakes are narrower than the STi Brembos so I thought (hope) they might clear the 18" spec.B wheels. SC, try em out for me!

The STI BBS's spokes clear the caliper, but the top part of the caliper is hitting the barrel of the wheel. The Spec B's will probably clear the top part of the caliper, but will need a spacer to clear the spokes.

Anyone have any comfirmation or feedback as to the performance of these? I know that say brembo and all, but...

Otherwise, seems like a great option! I would be inclined to leave the caddy logo on there too :lol:

Value proposition is kind of out of the window if you need new wheels as it seems like no stock LGT wheel will clear STi calipers. The ATS calipers look around the same size, if not larger.

I don't think I can swing it -- I'd need to get two new sets of wheels to make it work.

Damd, where were these when i upgraded to sti brembos. But I need some 6 piston monoblock love in my life. But these are a good alternative .

Below is the parts list for the install.

ATS Brembo Calipers with hardware kit

Left caliper- Ac Delco Part Number 172-2586

Right Caliper- Ac Delco Part Number 172-2587

Caliper Hardware Kit- Carlson Part Number H5869

OR Ac Delco part number 18K1971X

2004 Subaru STI 5x100 12.8” rotors

High Carbon Blank Rotors- Centric Part Number 125.47019

Drilled Rotors- Stoptech Part Number 128.47019L & 128.47019R

Slotted Rotors- Stoptech Part Number 126.47019SL & 126.47019SR

Drilled and Slotted Rotors- Stoptech Part Number 127.47019L & 127.47019R

*You can use whichever brand rotors you like as long as they are 2004 5x100

bolt pattern 12.8” STI rotors*

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Brake Pads

Ac Delco Part Number- 17D1050M

*You can use whichever brand brake pads you want as long as they are for a

2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V with Brembo calipers*

Stainless Braided Brake lines (optional)

Centric Part Number- 950.44034

P

Sorry for the possibly stupidqquestion but with this list should I be able to install these on an 01?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Yes, you should be able to, but keep in mind most USDM 3rd gen Legacy came with 16" wheels which will not clear these (and most) fixed calipers. If you want to keep your wheels, your only common OE option is to go with the 06/07 FHI 4pots and use a wheel spacer.

There still seems to be some remaining questions on brake bias.

Here's a brake bias idea. They make a bracket to use LGT front rotors on the rear of the car with the stock rear calipers. If you're buying ATS rotors and you don't have too many miles on the fronts just slap em on the back with this bracket.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Subaru-REAR-CB09D-p/cb09d.htm

They make a whole kit but the rotors are $$$

I've got the 18s. I've got "puny" stock outback brakes.

I just need a little bit more confirmation and I'm in.

Check out the Naisoc thread. It seems alot of them are finishing up there install.

My high mileage turd.

Gee whiz, things sure heat up quickly over there.

Thanks LegacyGT.com for not being full of d-bags like that "other" site.

As hillbillies from my area say "ain't no way" I'm buying these if they don't fit inside my OEM 17's. I can probably justify spending cash on calipers and rotors, but if new wheels/tires showed up my wife would know I was up to no good. It'd be a different story if someone made 18's that looked just like my 17's :cool: