LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i N\A Tuning (It has started)!!!

like Whitetiger, I want to see data. Not "omg I got my new map in and I feel a huge difference!" or "I raced a non turbo 240sx and burned his ASS LOLLRCOASTRFTMFW!!!!"

With the EJ255T and the new FA20T, tuners are doing the same thing he's doing to his NA, for the same price, and taking a stock tune from 220HP to 270 HP with no other supporting mods.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) I will not waste time with children. In fact I do not have time to waste with magazine readers and forum strollers and children on here. You make a statement and thats that. Move on, but to constantly post announces day in day out, you have become just like the original poster. Move on from the thread. Every person have their our character.

The original posted have his our way in which he does stuff. Thats his way and I can understand many. I personally would feel that way, but it is his thread. When he wants to post something, I guess he would.

P.S. I see such posting and I just ignored it. Why would you allow a mod to ban you?

On another note, dont expect a reply out of me on this matter. It was brought to my attention and I have posted.

Uh, you're wrong. I would call into question the knowledge and legitimacy of any tuner that posts a dyno graph that doesn't have the torque and HP curves intersecting at 5,252 RPM. How exactly did he get these dyno graphs?

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1315

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1332

I will reply once on this topic:

If you dont understand something, ask for an explanation kindly. Thats the only way you can learn SIR. In fact, that is if you want to learn :)

The car in question runs a small turbo like the vf39. She will choke at around 300 (vf39) or there about. So with such turbos, you can have a lot of torque and low hp. So if you turn the boost up, you run the car to a point where the engine flow reaches the turbine flow and stop. Hence why the graph stop. The customer prefers to drive his car like that when he turns his boost to 20psi. Otherwise, the lower the boost, the large th rpm range.

You took the graphs out of concept from my site. Maybe you should have posted the link back to the site.. I will do it for others that want to learn - http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=456

Please do enjoy your day. I have serious customers needing my attention

Thank you.

Mods if you would like to delete, you are welcome. In my country, we call this smack. Wasteful posting and communication

the curves not intersecting at 5,252 RPM is suspect. thats what he is saying. this should occur on all dyno graphs regardless of turbo efficiency range. As a tuner, you should know this to be a well known mathematical fact based on how HP is derived from TQ.

please explain why your graphs dont depict that.

A mod should ban you for not having a vendor account and here you were providing technical support and advertising yourself.

Also not a magazine reader or forum stroller. I trusted my car to be tuned by the best tuner on the East Coast so my car can kick ass on a race track, not kill story a non turbo 240sx on the mizzurah highway

Any how much do your car make sir?

How many subarus do you own?

How many have you drive?

if the 2.5i is a slow ass car, so what?

Check racing online, especially in Europe. Men bring their back yard projects out and race and have fun. I love a newer car but they take their slow old cars and go racing. You know why???? it is the love of it.

Cheers!

Any how much do your car make sir?

How many subarus do you own?

How many have you drive?

if the 2.5i is a slow ass car, so what?

Check racing online, especially in Europe. Men bring their back yard projects out and race and have fun. I love a newer car but they take their slow old cars and do. You know why???? it is the love of it.

Cheers!

My car makes 275whp/310 Torque on a stage 1 tune with a few supporting mods. Tuned by Mike Botti from EFI Logics, whom is the gold standard for tuning in North America. I don't see any certifications on your site from EFI University. Brentuning and Cryotuning both do, what's your excuse? :iam:

This is my 4th subaru I've owned. including a 1998 LGT, a 2009 2.5i, a 2008 Spec B and now my 2015 WRX.

I'm also sure these guys in Europe aren't taking the equivalent to a Toyota Camry out to race and have fun.

The car in question runs a small turbo like the vf39. She will choke at around 300 (vf39) or there about. So with such turbos, you can have a lot of torque and low hp. So if you turn the boost up, you run the car to a point where the engine flow reaches the turbine flow and stop. Hence why the graph stop. The customer prefers to drive his car like that when he turns his boost to 20psi. Otherwise, the lower the boost, the large th rpm range.

I understand that some turbos have a lot of torque and such, but the size of the turbo cannot account for such a huge difference right around 5,252 RPM. HP = (Torque x RPM)/5,252, so the lines ALWAYS intersect at 5,252 on a real dyno graph. No explanation of how a turbo works suffices to explain why that dyno graph looks like that. The only acceptable answer for a real dyno looking like that would be "the customer prefers to drive his car outside the laws of nature."

I'm not bashing right now, I'm asking an honest question of a tuner that is accepting money from members on this site and is posting information that seems to be physically impossible.

Let me asked you a question. if you run the car up to 5000rpm, will it cross the 5200? This is the reason why and now on the race gas you see it cross.

Spend a little reviewing stuff MasAyinde. Keep relevant stuff in CONTEXT.

No Im' not feeing the bashing. its quiet normal for some people to do so. I took the time out because I was asked too and not only that, saw a potential post for others to chime in on their 2.5i to do so. People by cars to what their can afford too.

I wouldn't clogged up this thread any more. If you want to discuss stuff like this, start a thread and I will try to reply. Other tuners can fill in.

On another note, I don't market here. I don't have the time to be online.

Any further questions, pm me. I will send my email and you can ask any question you want. Email is much easier for me :)

Thank you.

Let me asked you a question. if you run the car up to 5000rpm, will it cross the 5200? This is the reason why and now on the race gas you see it cross.

One graph, the v20 3rd gear dyno, seems to stop right at 5,252. The car was clearly run past 5,000. At 5,252 the lines have to intersect. Yours do not. On the other graph, the lines intersect around 5,400 RPM and keep going to 6,000 RPM, so you can't say that you stopped at 5k RPM.

573454517_ScreenShot2016-03-03at1_02_11PM.thumb.png.331fa030ed130a753b27efcca3b00e9a.png

1328850825_ScreenShot2016-03-03at1_02_28PM.thumb.png.a703731d071d653c9d81d7d8e0aea22f.png

Here is a comparison

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1653

This is his virtual dyno of the V2 tune. Maybe his tuner can supply him with another one based on the logs of his pulls on his most recent tune revision.

My two biggest questions in this thread have yet to be satisfactorily answered.

1. How did OP, who is in Missouri, get his car dynoed by a guy in Barbados?

2. How does this tuner in Barbados have dyno graphs that don't have the HP and torque curves intersecting at 5,252 RPM?

exactly. i have no issue with getting re-flashed from a remote tuner most people do this. but dont come on here with virtual dyno numbers which are know to be in accurate by more than the purported gains.

and the graphs not intersecting at 5252 violates the laws of math and physics.

exactly. i have no issue with getting re-flashed from a remote tuner most people do this. but dont come on here with virtual dyno numbers which are know to be in accurate by more than the purported gains.

and the graphs not intersecting at 5252 violates the laws of math and physics.

All the graphs actually do intersect at 5252.

not all of them from that tuner. look again.

Yes, I think they do.

The HP and torque from the three plots do:

1) Green and Orange (stock)

2) Brown and Gray (v1)

3) Blue and Red (V2)

What am I missing. They each intersect at the proper spot.

All the graphs actually do intersect at 5252.

They absolutely do not. The first one that i posted has the two lines 25 hp/lb-ft away right at 5,252. If IAG or EFI ever posted a dyno like that, they would get called out in a heartbeat and they would either A) be blown up and lose validity as a tuner or B) be able to defend themselves and come up with SOME kind of explanation instead of telling the person that questioned them to do research. It's my research into physics that made me realize the dyno graph is impossible...

Yes, I think they do.

The HP and torque from the three plots do:

1) Green and Orange (stock)

2) Brown and Gray (v1)

3) Blue and Red (V2)

What am I missing. They each intersect at the proper spot.

On that one, yes. Look at my post #135 in this thread

Archived