LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i N\A Tuning (It has started)!!!

So from reading the N\A forums (read in the rasp queen 3.0R thread), I always people say “do not tune the 2.5i”, “the stock Ecu is great”, Blah blah blah :mad:. I thought about this and said to myself, why were people not saying this about my two N\A mustang GT’s (gateway tune), or my 04 RSX-S (hondata). These were all N\A and I never heard this about those cars.

So I got the tactrix cable, software, and found Eward @ http://xtremeracingtuning.com/ . I read all the N\A reviews, and it was blowing my mind. So I contacted him, and now I will be sending my stock Rom to him and he will get to work.

The Tune I am getting:

Stage 0 (engine tune) :)

&

Stage 2 Transmission Tune :spin:

I have read what he does for these cars and it is nutz reading the reviews on how the car is tuned into something great. Stay tuned for daily updates on the car progress. :spin:

Mods:

K & N panel

Hung Li cans

Deleted fender intake piece

Kakimoto intake chamber (coming soon)

fog light Ram Air (coming soon)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So from reading the N\A forums (read in the rasp queen 3.0R thread), I always people say “do not tune the 2.5i”, “the stock Ecu is great”, Blah blah blah :mad:. I thought about this and said to myself, why were people not saying this about my two N\A mustang GT’s (gateway tune), or my 04 RSX-S (hondata). These were all N\A and I never heard this about those cars.

So I got the tactrix cable, software, and found Eward @ http://xtremeracingtuning.com/ . I read all the N\A reviews, and it was blowing my mind. So I contacted him, and now I will be sending my stock Rom to him and he will get to work.

The Tune I am getting:

Stage 0 (engine tune) :)

&

Stage 2 Transmission Tune :spin:

I have read what he does for these cars and it is nutz reading the reviews on how the car is tuned into something great. Stay tuned for daily updates on the car progress. :spin:

Mods:

K & N panel

Hung Li cans

Deleted fender intake piece

You will be pleased with the results!

Ok So I have the Rom sent off, I have to get the ECU ID first after work, them we will do some test uploads.

Note: I will be adding the Kakimoto intake chamber. I found it and it takes 6 -12 weeks hand made from japan. made for the 2.5i or for the 3.0R. I cannot wait for this tune to be complete.

if you are doing all this work to get a tune, id get headers and HFC. at least maximize all bolts on that can be done to make the tune as beneficial as possible. i doubt youll see much efficiency increase if you keep the stock headers and cats, regardless of what intake you do.

if you are doing all this work to get a tune, id get headers and HFC. at least maximize all bolts on that can be done to make the tune as beneficial as possible. i doubt youll see much efficiency increase if you keep the stock headers and cats, regardless of what intake you do.

I seen this tuner do a stock car and it was amazing how the outcome was. I am not the kind of person how really cares about maximizing the power and Bolt on's. If this was my old 04 STI, Evo or Stang then I would go a different direction. With the small bolt ons I get and tune, I will be very happy.

I could get all the headers and so on, but I have a 3 month old baby and I am buying a house in the next 3 months. Now I could go buy a nice R32 today, but I would be divorced and living in it :lol:. so that big down payment from my old house that was sold is of limits. Also daycare and saving more are taking most of the cash.

I am lucky to squeeze in this tune, new powder coated wheels, and intake chamber before the car season starts. :eek: I have also exhausted my car fund I saved up for the last years :mad:.

It's all about how the car feels when you are done. Nobody here is looking to get 300whp out of a NA engine. But, if you can get the TCU dialed in, a few bolt ons, and make her feel comfortable for a daily driver, then you're all good. Couple that with the low cost of fuel, and you can afford to run premium, although I don't think the 2.5 really needs it.

Well I was able to get the ROM ID with the Great Help of Edward from XRT :). This guy is great help. It was really neat to see the car linked up to the computer and running.

I have a ROM am going to test load and see how it works, and if it goes ok then I will load the ROM. It was a bit frustrating trying to get the definitions loaded even after reading the Rom raider page, but It looks to be setup now. :spin:

Well I was able to get the ROM ID with the Great Help of Edward from XRT :). This guy is great help. It was really neat to see the car linked up to the computer and running.

I have a ROM am going to test load and see how it works, and if it goes ok then I will load the ROM. It was a bit frustrating trying to get the definitions loaded even after reading the Rom raider page, but It looks to be setup now. :spin:

If you have issues, Ed can usually use TeamViewer to show you what to do. I think he's a robot, he never sleeps.

If you have issues, Ed can usually use TeamViewer to show you what to do. I think he's a robot, he never sleeps.

Yeah he helped me last night :). I was frustrated with the definitions and ROM raider. He got it taken care of. He does a great job. I work during the week so I will be logging on my way to work since I have dedicated Laptop for the tuning.

I am tuning for 91 Oct since I found it pure with no added ethanol.

I found a stretch to do some pulls also.

Well things are going good so far. I worked with Ed on team viewer, he was able to get thing going. I was able to test load up a new Rom, it went well so we uploaded the new rom. Now I went out and was following direction of logging. I found a small stretch of empty road but when I did a 2nd gear pull the car was pulling so damn fast and hard I ran out of room :lol:. I did get a 1st gear pull and logged all of this. The car was running very strong on the 91 Oct. (used 89 pure Oct in the past).

Well I thought this was a tuned version, but it was not hahaahaha :lol:. It was a different Rom to test out. So I am to damn excited about the real tuned version Ed is working on. :eek::spin:.

I found some 2 mile fresh highway to do 2nd and 3rd gear test pulls on. I am going to get this going Saturday. I have to pick up the little guy after work. (no crazy times with him). Ed is also working on the 4EAT tuning to.

Stay tuned people, this is going to be great. :spin::spin::spin::eek:

105B -Stock Tune

So I got my stock logs to Ed today and found a nice country road that was 4 miles long and straight. I did several 2nd gear pulls, The car was moving good for what I thought was stock. The stock tune is crap. :lol: I was able to move through 2nd gear very nice in Sport mode, but as soon as it hit 3rd gear it was a turd :lol:.

v0 - Tune

So I loaded the new tune up and noticed off the bat the throttle was a bit better, and the tranny was shifting better. :redface:I drove around my block, and noticed the car wanted to pull much better on this tune. I did a small 1st gear pull and it was pretty good.

I have a new tune v0a that I will be loading tomorrow, I will be logging this new tune.

stay tuned for updates for the new tune.

This are coming along very nice Thanks to Ed. :)

v0a - Tune

This tune was even better than before. I noticed the improved throttle off the bat, and it was easy to climb hills. I really noticed the 2nd and 3rd gear pulls came a bit faster. Before when it went into 3rd gear, I could have read a small book before it shifted to 3rd lol. So far the car has really improved. It feels like it's easier to drive, feels like it wants to go much better than before. I was happy how the car just pulled through 3rd gear faster. Not with my gobs of money in coilovers and suspension work, the car is very stable over 105. :lol:

Next is the v1 tune I will be testing out. I will give updates on the new tune as soon as I can. It dropped some snow and icy stuff this morning and I will not be out in that.

Gee, I am looking for some more power and a stronger pull through the RPM range. I’m not the type to want and max out the car. Seeing as how this is my daily. I want to really enjoy the car. I think all should tune if possible. Not just for power but for the car to run better. I also want a quicker shifting tranny, but not to the point I am breaking things. So far this are going well, I saved up and will be getting the Kakimoto Intake chamber and then tune for it.

Honestly I would skip that even with tuning you may have MAFv issues causing all sorts of fueling fluctuations. Not to mention a high flow panel filter is cheaper and equally effective. You could spend that money on a RSB/FSB setup which you would feel in every corner.

Honestly I would skip that even with tuning you may have MAFv issues causing all sorts of fueling fluctuations. Not to mention a high flow panel filter is cheaper and equally effective. You could spend that money on a RSB/FSB setup which you would feel in every corner.

I have full coilovers, FSB\RSB, endlinks, bushing, 18s with stickier tire, So I feel every corner and the car is very flat. Gee, Why would I skip the Chamber or are you talking about something else? I talking to a guy who ahs it now and has no issues with it and is tuned It can also be added to a stock motor. I am sure Ed knows and would see if there was an issue. Also the tune will take care of this.

I am still on v0a Rom, due to some snow and sleet that came down so now logging, I will be loading V1 after work today and do a small log, then will get some pulls later.

I have gotten rid of the Throttle controller and will be selling due to the DBW tune by Ed at XTR. He has done a great job with the car so far. Stay tuned.

Oh well in that case :lol: you seem to be at the end of the mod list prior to engine work. Just ask your tuner if he/she has ran into any MAFv spikes with tuning 2.5i's with non-stock intakes.

Talk to Ed, this has all been taken care of. I talked to other N\A people Ed has tuned and they have been running great. This is no issue at all to run the chamber.

Archived