LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curious what they do about the HPFP in the 15+ WRX from what I have read the E85 is a killer for it. I wonder if the "Flex" part of it will keep it working and lubricated.

I'm pretty sure my friend with a '11 WRX that just got the Cobb Flex Fuel kit installed by Snail Performance mentioned that they have also tuned '15+ WRX's with Flex Fuel and they didn't need injectors or a fuel pump. Snail didn't seem concerned about longevity issues on the fuel pump.

15 WRX has no port injectors. It is Direct Injection only. You need an intank pump for FF on a 15+ WRX.

LOL at those still believing e85 is an issue in your fuel system. Uhummm the USA has been adding ethanol to gasoline for over 30 years. There have been isolated incidence of finding specific model cars fuel systems that dont like ethanol above 50% (like the new Miata), but none of those have been Subarus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am hoping after the drop of the DIT car's soon we can get a little more clarity on availability for the 05-09 LGT.....really would love to have the features included with the update, especially since I'm looking at picking up another LGT at some point.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

At SEMA all we heard was "there are less than 20k cars left on the road" when discussing WRX/LGT/STi flex fuel for non-supported vehicles. That and The "EPA" is our enemy.

Cobb is supposed to be changing corporate owners again. They have begun "selling" off the local corporate stores to independents. Cobb SoCal is no longer just "Cobb SoCal".

With all that was said and all that was understood the LGT may or may not ever be supported. It gets more vague all the time.

Until then, if it ever does happen, you still have Delicious Tunings offerings.

Talked with them a couple weeks ago. The kits will be developed and produced in the following order:

1) 15+ WRX (early 2017 release)

2) 02-07 STI

3) 05-09 LGT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No 5th LGT Generation Support. Totally not fair.

There are probably more 05-09 LGT's still on the road than the 04-07 STI due to production numbers and such. I have not heard they have abandoned the option so I will still continue to look forward to it.

GD support WILL be the next to release and I know its a big priority for them but keep in mind that they learn easier ways to implement it the more platforms they develop. DIT was held up due to the inherent issue with DIT cars in general having issues overrunning the stock HPFP and the limited injection time, they could have released it quite a while back but wanted to make the proper fail safes in place just like their other kits.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

There are probably more 05-09 LGT's still on the road than the 04-07 STI due to production numbers and such. I have not heard they have abandoned the option so I will still continue to look forward to it.

GD support WILL be the next to release and I know its a big priority for them but keep in mind that they learn easier ways to implement it the more platforms they develop. DIT was held up due to the inherent issue with DIT cars in general having issues overrunning the stock HPFP and the limited injection time, they could have released it quite a while back but wanted to make the proper fail safes in place just like their other kits.

Dave

I still don't understand how the 05-09 LGT/OBXT's are that hard to do when they have already done the 08-14 WRX/STi and the only difference is the stock VF52 vs. stock VF40/46 and many of those that want to run Flex fuel on a LGT/OBXT already have at least a VF52. ::confused:

Hmm, apparently I'm not on this list yet, but I would throw down money right now if it was announced.

I was bugging the guys at the Cobb booth at the RockyMtn Subaru Fest, they said they actually had a few people asking about our platform that same day. Fingers crossed!

Cobb performs all the "magic" in the stock ECM. So, they are limited. Others use a second processor that allows for more space and functions.

Cobb has had issues finding enough memory in the stock ECM's to make all the calibrations.