LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
from what a cobb rep told me over the phone awhile ago it's not a matter of if anymore but when

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This would make me decide to go farther than a stage 2 protune.

Cobb is SLOW. LOL.

Delicious continues to produce new kits for more cars, and expands the capabilities of the system faster than Cobb can complete a single car. Oh, and if you pay attention, Delicious released some new features in their current kit that now Cobb says their next version will also offer. Hmmm. 2 guys working out of a 1200 sqft work shop in Escondido can get more done, faster than Cobb.

Cobb does not even have the 2015 WRX Flex Fuel figured out yet. Why would they work on the LGT???

Who is "Delicious?"

Also, do Cobb's existing flex-fuel systems require an ethanol sensor?

I just read that some car manufacturers have stopped using ethanol sensors and instead they just estimate ethanol content based on the amount of fuel required to reach stoich. It seems too simple to work, but on the other hand, it also seems pretty elegant.

This is all academic for me anyway since there's no E85 in my area.

Cobb is SLOW. LOL.

Delicious continues to produce new kits for more cars, and expands the capabilities of the system faster than Cobb can complete a single car. Oh, and if you pay attention, Delicious released some new features in their current kit that now Cobb says their next version will also offer. Hmmm. 2 guys working out of a 1200 sqft work shop in Escondido can get more done, faster than Cobb.

Cobb does not even have the 2015 WRX Flex Fuel figured out yet. Why would they work on the LGT???

Just took a look and they are relying on Ecutek to actually do this. Ecutek RaceROM supports map switching using the rear O2 sensor as an input, and supports the Legacy platform already.

Info about RaceROM

The hardware is fairly simple, you just need to convert the pulsed signal to a 0-5V that the ECU can deal with. Flexconverter.com sells a cheap one that works on our cars, or really any of them for an '05ish STI will work.

Most people are pretty reluctant to go Ecutek though as it locks your ECU for life. They finally let you flash at home but there is absolutely no DIY tuning on that platform. You have to have your hand held by the dealer at all times to do ANYTHING.

If they had an "accesstuner race" like option they'd probably be at LOT more popular though. It's a pretty sweet platform with a lot of advanced options. MerpMod is starting to get there though.

Who is "Delicious?"

https://www.delicioustuning.com/

Delicious Tuning. They offer Flex Fuel for EcuTeK and Cobb. I am bringing my wifes 08 LGT back in to the shop tomorrow to finalize the LGT platform options so that they can be uploaded to their website and go live. There are already forum members running the kit.

Both Delicious and Cobbs kits use ethanol content analyzer/sensors. Delicious kit has built in safety and "limp" functions based on fuel pressure not just map switching/adjustment based on content. Delicious kit also has Bluetooth and an app for android so you can read your ethanol content on your android device. If you have an AP you can read it on the AP too (both kits).

Most people are pretty reluctant to go Ecutek though as it locks your ECU for life. They finally let you flash at home but there is absolutely no DIY tuning on that platform. You have to have your hand held by the dealer at all times to do ANYTHING.

If they had an "accesstuner race" like option they'd probably be at LOT more popular though. It's a pretty sweet platform with a lot of advanced options. MerpMod is starting to get there though.

https://www.delicioustuning.com/

For clarification, EcuTeK DOES NOT lock your ECM. EcuTeks original platform locked the ECM. That was the 02-05 WRX.

ONLY 02-05 WRX ECM ARE LOCKED BY ECUTEK. No other Subaru ECM's are locked by EcuTeK.

It is a professional tuning platform and the tunes are locked by the tuner. Just like a professional tune on an AP. EcuTek does not advertise, market or sell their tuning software to anyone other than a verified pro tuner. Many opensource software platforms are a reverse engineering of the original EcuTeK software.

Edited by m sprank

Delicious Tuning. They offer Flex Fuel for EcuTeK and Cobb.

Ah, I see that now. I had just spot checked the '14 WRX he only list EcuTek on that one (even though Cobb themselves seem to support it).

Does he offer Cobb flexfule on cars not supported by Cobb?

Edited by utc_pyro

Mike: looking at Delicious' website, I guess the basic hardware is around $600-750, depending on model - which model do we go with for the LGT?

How much labor to install? 1-2 hours? And then tuning - what's required for Cobb vs. Ecutek? Someone mentioned you need 2 tunes, so is that $400+ each?

Are we looking at $1.5k, $2.5k, $?? for a basic package? Some example costs would really help. Also, what about minimum supporting fuel mods? I have a bnr16g, walbro + DW650ccs. I've heard some tuners say they don't like DWs at all, so is it pretty much impossible with sidefeeds? Would I not see much benefit due to maxing out the 650s?

I never got the hate for side feed injectors... I'm running the bottom of the barrel helix/perin fuel 'squirt guns' and don't have any major issues.

How adaptive is the delicious tuning setup? Is it just map switching for e85 vs gas, or does it interpolate between the tables/etc depending on the E content?

Maps locked, or can I make changes myself?

Ah, I see that now. I had just spot checked the '14 WRX he only list EcuTek on that one (even though Cobb themselves seem to support it).

Does he offer Cobb flex fuel on cars not supported by Cobb?

Yes. Delicious Tunings Flex Fuel kit supports all WRX/STi from 2002-2017 (with support for the Cobb APV3).

Mike: looking at Delicious' website, I guess the basic hardware is around $600-750, depending on model - which model do we go with for the LGT?

How much labor to install? 1-2 hours? And then tuning - what's required for Cobb vs. Ecutek? Someone mentioned you need 2 tunes, so is that $400+ each?

Are we looking at $1.5k, $2.5k, $?? for a basic package? Some example costs would really help. Also, what about minimum supporting fuel mods? I have a bnr16g, walbro + DW650ccs. I've heard some tuners say they don't like DWs at all, so is it pretty much impossible with sidefeeds? Would I not see much benefit due to maxing out the 650s?

Delicious Tuning recommends DW injectors. For top feed applications 1000-1200cc DW EV14 DV2 injectors are recommended. DW 300c pumps are also the norm.

Cost of a FF kit is $595-$695. Cost of install is $95-$125. Delicious Tuning charges $1162.50 for a Flex Fuel tune on my dyno. Single fuel tunes are $775, add 1/2 more for $1162.50. It is the same amount of work as 2 tunes for a flex fuel tune. Cost for tuning is the same regardless of platform (Cobb/EcuTeK). Cost to install a Cobb FF kit is generally slightly higher as the install is a little more involved.

LGT specific options will be uploaded and live on the Delicious site shortly. Finalizing pix, instructions, etc now. The hardware and software is complete.

Delicious Tuning recommends DW injectors. For top feed applications 1000-1200cc DW EV14 DV2 injectors are recommended. DW 300c pumps are also the norm.

Cost of a FF kit is $595-$695. Cost of install is $95-$125. Delicious Tuning charges $1162.50 for a Flex Fuel tune on my dyno. Single fuel tunes are $775, add 1/2 more for $1162.50. It is the same amount of work as 2 tunes for a flex fuel tune. Cost for tuning is the same regardless of platform (Cobb/EcuTeK). Cost to install a Cobb FF kit is generally slightly higher as the install is a little more involved.

LGT specific options will be uploaded and live on the Delicious site shortly. Finalizing pix, instructions, etc now. The hardware and software is complete.

$1162+$695+ install?

Or does the $1162 include the kit?

$1162.50 (tune) + $595-695 (kit) + $95-$125 (install). With a pump and injectors the cost to drop a car off and drive away with FF is approx $3150 (after tax).

I was told this afternoon that the first LGT options will be live and for sale on the Delicious site tomorrow. The kits have been tested and working on the LGT for some time now.

$1162.50 (tune) + $595-695 (kit) + $95-$125 (install). With a pump and injectors the cost to drop a car off and drive away with FF is approx $3150 (after tax).

Sorry to belabor the point. "With a pump and injectors".. Do you mean

a) if you need a pump and injectors installed as well

or

b) if you already have suitable pump and injectors installed. Which sidefeed injectors are considered suitable? Walbro (255 lph, I think?) an acceptable pump?

$1162.50 + 700 + 125 is approx $2k. Tax makes that $2200. $950 for pump + injectors installed?

I was told this afternoon that the first LGT options will be live and for sale on the Delicious site tomorrow. The kits have been tested and working on the LGT for some time now.

Awesome!