LegacyGT.com

wife wants GT gone

my wife is asking me to do the same, but instead of finding something economical she wants me to look for a used Porsche Boxster. not sure if I wanna do it, kinda afraid of the maintenance costs and reliability.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my wife is asking me to do the same, but instead of finding something economical she wants me to look for a used Porsche Boxster. not sure if I wanna do it, kinda afraid of the maintenance costs and reliability.

At least she sounds like the kind of wife you can reason with.

She sounds like she wants teh Bling. She must tell all her lady friends, "I don't know why he bought a Camry. :confused: "

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this all started last friday when we picked up her car from service at the benz dealer when she saw this 2003 red boxster sitting at their lot. took it for a test drive and one amazing thing happened, my wife was suddenly pretty good with a manual tranny. she was working thru the gears like she drove manuals everyday.

this all started last friday when we picked up her car from service at the benz dealer when she saw this 2003 red boxster sitting at their lot. took it for a test drive and one amazing thing happened, my wife was suddenly pretty good with a manual tranny. she was working thru the gears like she drove manuals everyday.

that's HOT!!! A moment like that would bring me to my knees. Women who drive manuals are soooooo hot!....Must be strong dude! must be strong!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Divorce her. She is a selfish c**t.

Leave the bashing to me, no matter how pissed off I am about the situation, I would've never thought of calling my wife that. So.....as PGT stated Gohmer1, I'm waiting for the apology.

The comment may have been in humor, but uncalled for.

And like I've said..............I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF GETTING RID OF THE CAR!!!! Some of your replys make it sound like I've just been told I have a week to live.

As some have stated, it's just going to require a sit down to discuss our finances in general.

Finances are not an issue in our house, we live quite comfortably. Again, thanks for all the feed back and sympathy, but the car isn't going anywhere. As any family needs to do when a situation like this arises, we need to discuss.

(When I'm ready to ;) )

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

....I tend to have to hide all my mods from my gf....it helps to have commission based pay so she never really knows how much I'm bringin home....and we still have separate finances, so I can get away with it....good luck, but don't back down man...

...just wait until you're married. No more hiding. Then, you'll have to try and pass the mods off as preventative maintenance. Ask me how I know.

wife wants me to get something more fuel efficient. had the consumer reports out and everything. not only does she hate the fact that it takes supreme, but she hates it's fuel economy.

Yes, she drives a TDI which gets great gas mileage and I'll admit it's fun to drive, but it's not for me.

Honestly, even if I did want to get another car, don't know what I'd want. Besides the high fuel costs I love the damn car and don't want to get rid of it. She wants me to get something that gets more than 21mpg. (that's what I've been getting).

You made it sound like there's an unresolved issue re whether or not you're keeping the car due to spousal pressure.

Then you later state you're keeping the car no questions asked.

So what is your problem? Enquiring minds want to know.

that's HOT!!! A moment like that would bring me to my knees. Women who drive manuals are soooooo hot!....Must be strong dude! must be strong!

i will be back at the dealer tonight to see what kind of a deal i will be getting, if it is good its bye bye legacy. what sucks is I just had it tinted, installed a whiteline RSB, got a perrin panel filter, new tires and an AVO single din cubby.

i will be back at the dealer tonight to see what kind of a deal i will be getting, if it is good its bye bye legacy. what sucks is I just had it tinted, installed a whiteline RSB, got a perrin panel filter, new tires and an AVO single din cubby.

Wanna sell ne of your removeable items cheap :p

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

You made it sound like there's an unresolved issue re whether or not you're keeping the car due to spousal pressure.

Then you later state you're keeping the car no questions asked.

So what is your problem? Enquiring minds want to know.

wife brought it up because of the gas bills. she's looking at how much we could save in a year if I drove something more economical. As many have posted, there are other things to consider before any decision were to be made.

basically what it comes down to is I bought the car, not "we". So therefore "I" plan on keeping the car. We will work out some kind of comprimise and all will be happy, but I made it sound like my wife had the final decision, and that's just not the case. That's not how we run things in our house.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Divorce her. She is a selfish c**t.

gohmer1, still waiting for an apology

Later you state you're keeping the car no matter what. Now you say there's gonna be a compromise.

She wears the pants. Maybe you should apologise for even posting this nonsense. Incredible waste of bandwidth.

And the particulates and other shit that TDI spews every time its driven is shameful. Take a lungful.

gohmer1, still waiting for an apology

Fact - I think everybody's initial impression/reaction from your first post seemed like she said the car must go, and wasn't going to budge. It seemed like she wore teh pants.

Fact - You don't have a life, you have a wife. j/k:lol:

Semi-Fact - "selfish" and that last word were unnecessary since "She" is enough to imply the latter. :D

I keed I keeed

wife brought it up because of the gas bills. she's looking at how much we could save in a year if I drove something more economical. As many have posted, there are other things to consider before any decision were to be made.

basically what it comes down to is I bought the car, not "we". So therefore "I" plan on keeping the car. We will work out some kind of comprimise and all will be happy, but I made it sound like my wife had the final decision, and that's just not the case. That's not how we run things in our house.

Loss on trade-in and buying ~Civic/other: $9500

fuel mileage on new car ~1/3 better than LGT:

assume LGT: 22mpg, 15,000 mi/yr at $3/gal = $2,045/yr

~Civic: 30mpg, @2.89/gal = $1,445/yr

$9500 / $600/yr fuel savings = 15.83 years to recoup loss

GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!111111111 I"m sure the new Honda will last that long.

Vomit factor LGT = -0-

Vomit factor ~Civic/other Wussymobile: INFINITE

Satifaction index Wussymobile BELOW ZERO

Vomit factor LGT = -0-

I dunno....I'd be fine with driving the last Civic Si or the new one.

Vomit factor LGT = -0-

Informative thread, step away from the civic and avalon. At least they are honest, hurts bad when half price rice dusts your BMW, which is the appeal of the LGT. :)

Once hurricane season is over with, I believe we are going to see the price of gas come down some. Once winter is in full swing, people do not drive around as much and we should see the prices come down even more. I personally would never get rid of a vehicle that I like having because it gets a few less mpg then other vehicles, unless of course your driving a Hummer. Anyway, if your wife is not willing to compromise or atleast hear your reasons for not wanting to get rid of the car, then you have much more serious issues than the price of gas. One thing I have learned, is that women are going to find something to bitch about no matter what you do or how often you take their advice. It is just a point of how much your willing to put up with and what your willing to give into. Personally, I would tell her no way in hell am I getting rid of my car because it uses a bit more fuel. Once she sees that she can tell you to get rid of a car and you will listen, you my friend are dooooooomed!!!!

gohmer1, either you only post once a day or you are too much of a p@##y to apologize for your comment about my wife. If that's the case then that's too bad. Even though I've got an ammo of things I could say about anyone of your family members, (ie. your mom or your wife or girlfriend) I'm not going to drop down to your level and start name calling wars.

Just hope I don't run into you anytime soon. Nothing worse than a "boy" who can't fess up to something he said.

Archived