LegacyGT.com

Subaru won't offer a Legacy GT, so I bought a Chevrolet SS.

LOOOLLLL

but hey, enjoy the better MPG

Speaking of fuel mileage our SS at steady state cruising speeds of 70-75 MPH is still regularly returning 24MPG, sometimes a bit better.

I've gotten the EPA highway rating of 21 MPG, but that means I'm cruising at around 90 MPH.

Not saying 24 MPG is stellar, but my old LGT would only return 23-24MPG at 70-75 MPH. Consider that the LGT weighed 500 lbs less, and made only "250" HP, although if memory serves the actual output was really only about 241 HP and was revised down.

So my new 3950 lb, 415 HP sedan gets the same mileage as the old LGT, but is much faster, handles much better, and stops much harder; all while offering more room, more features, and greater comfort.

Makes me wonder why so many "car enthusiasts" bad mouth cam in block V8's, pushrods, and 2 valve heads. Clearly the design works quite well.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how much were you boosting? I typically run between 15-20 psi and get 26-28mpg all around. But then again, I'm stage 1, if and when i go stage 2 I'll probably drop down to 21-24 range. Stock I was getting about 23-25mpg. Also completely different motor than the previous gen WRX and LGT. With the turbo being mounted on the exhaust manifold there is no lag.

That's because you're an idiot :lol:

Hahaha and this idiot is loving his SS right now. It's all good.

I wish it were lighter and I'd have styled it a little differently but other than that...

I passed a CTSV on the way to work and it is small or smallish. I personally wanted lots of rear space for long road trips and have a comfy spot for passengers.

The SS posts identical numbers to the CTS V Sport so not quite in V territory but nothing a full exhaust and cam can't fix and then there is the supercharger option. Someday I'll go this route and it will be 50 state legal.

I can't afford an M5 or CTSV and after forced induction I should be able to run with them just fine. Going straight and in the twisties. I just have to save up a couple years to get there.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• 3 weeks later...
He hasn't checked in, but we can add RAO to this list. He always did have a thing for a good chassis stuffed with LS goodness, I guess he finally decided to buy one from the factory instead of making his own.

I hope he puts an oil monitoring system in the car. Very welcoming community on there and I don't even drive a malibu. Maybe they all just appreciate everyone who gives them attention before the car depreciates like the G8 and GTO :confused:

If anybody is looking for a winter setup that isn't those awful Anzio wheels, 18" Enkeis made for the G8 GXP will fit, considering you get a new brake pad without the counterweights. These wheels are the Enkei M52 Hyper Black 18x8 +42.

Those damn counterweights just barely touch the wheel barrel. You can see where the wheel was scratched just the tiniest bit by it. The wheel balance weights would obviously be an issue as well, if they need to go right behind the spokes. Caliper clearance is plenty

1870402420_SSEnkei.thumb.jpg.09eeb6a8d06a41ab26aadaa6df3cf5ef.jpg

1927139642_SSEnkeicaliperclearance.thumb.jpg.92c4dd38911b75d52156a290ca855e1f.jpg

1964902465_SSEnkeiCOunterweight.thumb.jpg.00dea8820d52dd4ef0b404d459a1c1bd.jpg

I hope he puts an oil monitoring system in the car. Very welcoming community on there and I don't even drive a malibu. Maybe they all just appreciate everyone who gives them attention before the car depreciates like the G8 and GTO :confused:

They are pretty friendly over there. Probably a different demographic than your typical Subaru enthusiast. My guess is that most SS owners are a bit older, and bit higher income, and a bit more blue collar at least in mind set. In other words they don't think they're better than everyone else. :lol:

They are pretty friendly over there. Probably a different demographic than your typical Subaru enthusiast. My guess is that most SS owners are a bit older, and bit higher income, and a bit more blue collar at least in mind set. In other words they don't think they're better than everyone else. :lol:

I think the same can be said for Legacy owners

And I don't fit in to those description before, nor now...lol

I have another plan for winter driving. It's called park the SS, and drive my truck while the wife reverts to her old FWD car that is my current commuter. Problem solved!

Are you gonna leave the bicycle tire inner tube on the exhaust of the asspyre?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived