LegacyGT.com

Subaru won't offer a Legacy GT, so I bought a Chevrolet SS.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turbo 4L inline 6 ("Barra" motor) from the Ford Falcon is quite a good engine. Combined with the ZF 6 speed auto, it's quite a cruiser (I can't comment on reliability).

What I really meant was you guys missed out on the Barra engine. They should've thrown that in the Mustang/F150/etc. as well.

Oh and R34 GT-Rs have almost doubled in price (looking at $70,000+ for a good one these days). When I bought my R32 GT-R, R34s were falling towards $40,000 :(

Obviously the Commodores got the Corvette engines (LS1, LS3, LSA in the HSVs), but since paying people to assemble them here in Aus was so expensive (apparently average wage was ~$90,000, thanks union!) they sadly canned the whole thing. There was the other thing of them falling behind in terms of design/refinement/whatnot.

interesting, the price on a new GTR over there seems to be the same as it is here. I know from a few friends of mine who were stationed in Japan for a while they were able to buy R34 GTR's were ridiculously cheap over there (20K USD) and there was a good amount of inventory. How much for say the Legacy GT STI package down there? I remember a guy on here 6-7 years go had an 09 and it was real sexy. Could also buy old GT-B's for cheap

• 1 month later...
Yes, you can make it through winter in RWD. But I don't think I ever will again. I think it's funny that people in the snow belts still drive rwd/fwd cars when there are so... so many AWD cars and 4WD trucks/SUVs available.

My first car was a 79 Malibu with a 355, next car was a 96 formula, also owned a Lincoln town car. All of which I had winter tires on. You apparently have never owned a 4x4 truck with AT tires. Or winter tires on a AWD car. Because if you had you would know there is no contest.

Trucks I've driven in the winter:

Ram 4x4

Chevy 2500 HD 4x4

Humvee

Up-armored Humvee

RWD is fine, especially with today's tire technology (and available studs). Nobody would have survived the 50s and 60s otherwise.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Correct, as I said "Yes, you can make it through winter in RWD." But why would you want too?

They didn't have the options in the 50s and 60s we have today. People made it through the 50s and 60s without cell phones, computers and bop its. You should get rid of yours.

God has actually forbidden it. Proven in 2009 when the 5th Gen came out: no differing opinions allowed, it was the worst Subaru ever. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Nope, that's an opinion.

There's a bunch of SS owners up there that do fine with winter tires.

Well certainly, Hell I had a 1968 Chrysler NYer that I drove all year and that is in a place that gets more than 13 feet of snow a season.

But I would much rather have my AWD over RWD. :)

Archived