LegacyGT.com

Subaru won't offer a Legacy GT, so I bought a Chevrolet SS.

Seeing as how there are 5 or so of us on this forum to move to the SS we might as well have our own thread.

What are the sheer odds of this anyway? Former Subaru Legacy 2.5GT owners (not a common car) active on this forum (small subset of group 1); who have now bought an even less common car (SS) and are still on this forum.

Mine is a 2015, Silver Ice Metallic, 6 speed auto with the sun roof. Only modification so far is a 35% window tint all the way around (excluding windshield).

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many more ex Subaru owners from all over that have jumped ship and are now driving SS's. SSForums.com has owners coming from LGT's, Foresters, but most used to drive WRX's.

That's kind of cool. I totally get and enjoy the not so common car. The SS seems like the logical next step for me. It's a car that I can personalize a bit, and really enjoy driving ...actually more than my beloved Spec-B.

There was a lot of talk about the Zeta II chassis over on SSForums and there has been no exaggeration. The Camaro, in all forms up to the Z28 are based on the Zeta I. The Zeta II, with all it's improvements, explains why the 4000lb full size sedan can match the 1LE and Mustang with their track pack option to within a tenth in every test. This thing amazes me and I'm pleased to have barely been able to get into one (and barely afford it gas). Any real car guy would understand that this is a bucket list item for some and you find a way to pay for it because it's that good.

A link to a somewhat sappy post I made the morning after my first day with the car and the first day I got to really explore what it had to offer. It was a sappy post and almost an emotional one (car guy through and through here and I'm getting older and running out of time). I want a Porsche GT3 but I'll never get to own one in my lifetime. The best I can do right now is the SS and I was convinced that, as good as I knew it was going to be, I would have to compromise on something. I don't feel like I did and it was a very real surprise. I spent an early morning laughing with a huge grin and that my friends is how I want to spend my time behind the wheel.

SSForums and my thank you to Holden employees.

RCF, you can keep it. 435, yep that one also. Hmmm...what else, STI...love you brother but no.

Drew

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Those are some BA cars but I don't think I could ever be without a truck again. I was so close to trading in my Silverado for a 2008 m5 two years ago. But I'm like where I am gonna put all these deer I keep shooting?

Who said anything about getting rid of your truck? Stop being a pussy, and have both. I kept the Tundra, too useful to trade it off. Plus we need at least one go anywhere in any weather rig. Kept the wife's little car too which is now my commuter. She doesn't drive much, and we live less than a mile from where she works so she drives the SS on a daily basis. Even runs home to stick it in the garage if it looks like a hail producing storm is coming.

I have no desire to park the new car in a RR depot parking lot overnight in hail alley, where my idiot coworkers will inevitably door ding it, and scratch it up while they wrestle with all their luggage (grip as we call it) to go on or off duty.

She wanted a comfortable car to travel in, we wanted four doors, and I wanted something fun to drive. We agreed on this one. I got home today before she left for work, and she took her old car.

Yea, I was just giving you shit. I have driven my wife's car to work some days because of the better mpgs but now that she has been driving a trailblazer ext it doesn't really make much of a difference between that and the Silverado. We went from 5 vehicles down to 2 and now we are trying to get money together to get a business of the ground. If that works out hopefully more cars will be in my future.

No. Not messing with the balance of this suspension the magnetic ride control is excellent. Plus I hate the hella-flush look and associate it with flat brim cum-deflector hat wearing morons.

^^^^Hahahaaha, I'm saving for 20's and hope to close the gap that way. Maybe not after I look at tire prices.

Funny how no one gives it a thought until they hear the engine. I have the tuner, waiting for the intake, and about to make an appt. for paint correction and clear bra. $$$ Ouch, but it has to get done.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived