LegacyGT.com

fredrik94087's 2015 WRX

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a Anarchy Motive Shift Knob a few weeks back, it's nice and heavy but I haven't decided if I like it or not

the shape isnimportant as well. everyoje holds it a little different.

I like the stock shift knob looks-wise. Excuse the noob question, but what does a heavier shift knob do for you?

believe it or not, shifts are easier to throw because there is weight behind it.

my current knob is at least 750mg.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Planning on going Hellaflush? There's no way that wouldn't stick out... Your camber will have to be seriously negative I'd think.

my 17x9 is +45. it will be 1/2" poke but tire would stay in same location +44. ATM, the tread of the tire is square with the rim guard of the tire. the entire sidewall is about 1/4" beyond the wheel but relatively square.

the wheels are volk ce28n. I always loved those wheels. maybe I am just bored at the moment.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I had the WC Lathewerks aluminum sphere knob before this one, that was really nice and felt great in my hand, i just didn't like how it burned the shit out of my hand when it was hot and froze it when it was cold. The Anarchy Motive knob is an improvement, it's also much heavier than the lathewerks one was. The stock knob felt too small IMO and shifts weren't as crisp as they were once i got a weighted knob.

I'd consider it for a leather wrapped weighted knob. I do like how the stock one looks...

I am contemplating having mine wrapped. Just haven't gotten around to it.

ordered 3 vinyl decals with number "88".

ordered a new suction mount for camera.

ordered redline 10w40

I hope Harrys Lap Timer works without issue.

ordered 3 vinyl decals with number "88".

ordered a new suction mount for camera.

ordered redline 10w40

I hope Harrys Lap Timer works without issue.

are you finally getting the Wrex on the track?

May 21...Laguna Seca.

wife will be in Brazil for 3 weeks starting that weekend. if I blow the motor, I will have 3 weeks to stuff a built one in there.

A contingency plan is already in place. However, I am being told with redline 10w40 in that motor, I am not going to have to worry about bearing failure.

I think my biggest concern is oil starvation at high lateral G. Supposedly there is a built in sump in that motor?!?!?! Ar least the oil cooler will help with viscosity.

If it blows, DTeaser will give you a ride wherever you want :) in all seriousness i think you're ok. Your tune is fairly conservative for stg 2. Do a fresh fluid change all around before Laguna Seca and you should be fine

i had transmission and diff fluids changed 1000 miles back. and I will certainly swap the oil a weekend prior.

i will most likely change the brake fluid as well.

anything else?

I saw your post on Nasioc where you got flamed for harping on mishimoto :lol: are you planning on switching out to a different tmic/charge pipe setup? I'm stuck between the KillerB and Process West Verticooler, and now possibly the Grimmspeed GT04 when it's released. Process west I like a lot for the price since it comes with everything, then KillerB and Grimmspeed because of their impeccable quality. The entire Grimmspeed or KillerB setup will be an extra $500 more than Process West but again a much higher quality product. I'm torn :confused:

I love getting flamed on NASIOC. Arguing just becomes pointless unless you can reach across the table and grab someone by the scruff of his neck.

Same here...stuck between KillerB and Grimmspeed.

Leaning toward Grimmspeed when they come out. They have already tossed a way at least one design because it made less power. At least they are doing some R&D.

I have yet to see enough dyno sheets of the Killer B on stage 2...let alone Grimmspeed.

I think I'm going to stick with Process West. I haven't seen dyno charts of the Killer B, but from various tuners I've talked to and read their feedback on various forums, there isn't a huge difference between the Killer B and the Process West. I don't think you'll see much on the KillerB given it's price point. The verticooler kit is significantly cheaper and with the same results, it's an easy choice. I will be buying KillerB's J-pipe though.

I also couldn't believe the bickering going on between Grimmspeed and Process West on KillerB's thread. I really don't know who to believe on that matter. They both make great products and I don't think the people at Grimmspeed would make false accusations.

As for Nasioc, I hate that site because you can't ask a simple question on any sub forum without getting flamed. Mishimoto makes crap parts and someone who's going to back them is silly. You get what you pay for that's the bottom line.

I saw your post on Nasioc where you got flamed for harping on mishimoto

And that is why I don't use Nasioc. Everyone's got an opinion on everything even if there aren't data to back it up. I can just ask an effing question without getting flamed!

I'm not sifting thru all the BS on nasioc to find it but he complained of bottlenecking in his mishimoto tmic and chargepipe and someone got butthurt about him criticizing mishimoto and their china made goodness

A customer has bought the Mishimoto and we're tuning his car tomorrow. I'll be looking out for lower airflow or more WGDC for given boost pressure.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Those are the same people who say Rotella is bad for our engine without actual evidence, and i've come across data on rotella being no different than anything else

I'm inclined to think Subaru, who built the engine, specced it for a given viscosity, which doesn't match the Rotella 10W-40 based on data they gathered from a whole bunch of engines. Being an engineer, I'd want to see a statistical analysis of failure rates for one oil over the other before diverging from Subaru's recommendation. I'll stick to 5W-30 full synthetics until I see that the failure rate for one vs. the other is different at a statistically significant rate. I can't say one's worse than the other, but I can say Subaru's recommendation based on stock internals is probably based on something somewhat rigorous.

And to do something like that to get me to believe it we'd need a sample size of let's say 100 for each (100 on Subaru oil, 100 on Rotella) with the same change interval, same mods, and track failure rates over time. Which I don't think has happened.

As far as oil on Nasioc is concerned you see a lot of anecdotal stuff. People who blown up engines with a 5W-30 and people who have blown up engines with 10W-40 blaming one or the other. I'd want to see things attributable to oil, like spun bearing rates for one vs. the other.

A customer has bought the Mishimoto and we're tuning his car tomorrow. I'll be looking out for lower airflow or more WGDC for given boost pressure.

This is, of course, useful information with data to back it up that I'd consider.

Archived