LegacyGT.com

fredrik94087's 2015 WRX

did a quick baseline today. same boost as previous dyno but more timing.

the car made 401/345 on E60 at 24psi.

Dyno operator and my installer are both telling me not to d!ck with it. So, a larger intake may not happen. Track days will be under 20# anyway on E47 (1/2 and 1/2). That will most likely be my DD blend as well.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did a quick baseline today. same boost as previous dyno but more timing.

the car made 401/345 on E60 at 24psi.

Dyno operator and my installer are both telling me not to d!ck with it. So, a larger intake may not happen. Track days will be under 20# anyway on E47 (1/2 and 1/2). That will most likely be my DD blend as well.

Just curious why you'd stick to E47 for DD? Don't you have a flex-fuel sensor? So why not as close to E85 as you can get?

Just curious why you'd stick to E47 for DD? Don't you have a flex-fuel sensor? So why not as close to E85 as you can get?

Because HPFP no workie if E is too high. The HPFP and/or injectors will stick/fail. Gasoline acts as a lubricant/cleaner. I am adding a small bottle of Lucas E85 treatment with every tankful.

I can add Alcohol lubricant (Redline), but I don't want to chance it. Those who have pushed their FA for too long on high E content have had trouble.

So, yes, I would love to just run E85 and not have to fill twice...and make more power. It just doesn't work with the HPFP. The LPFP is fine and that is why EJ can run E85.

However, even with an EJ, there may be issues with running E85 for too long. I came across this thread on NASIOC saying E85 will cause gunk buildup on injectors:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37242444&postcount=42

Here is the full thread:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1898632

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 4 weeks later...

Added Killer B racing radiator.

I is only millimeters thicker than factory core. The Perrin charge pipe can clear. The grimmspeed charge pipe will not. And, I can keep factory fans and shrouds.

Happy with the quality and fitment.

In all honesty, the car burns a little bit of oil due to the built motor (piston material and clearance), the MPG indicator says I am doing almost 21mpg combined but a full tank of 16 gallons lasts only 200 miles.

Now the good part...it is abrasive. It snorts and spits like a bull getting ready to charge. There is power everywhere. It is rough and very spartan. There is a slight hint of fuel in the cabin.

I was going to make my own 3.5" intake in order to make more boost. The 3" intake maxes out the MAF. However, I decided that 400whp is enough. Conservatively, the car is making at least 460 at the crank. This is not quite twice what my 2005 EVO was making, but it is almost 200chp over the wrx

Now is the process of maintenance and repair.

I am waiting for my new coilovers and want to hit the track. No more changes unless it is deemed necessary by track use (larger oil cooler core...dry sump...new motor as sgt gator comes to mind...brake ducts, etc.) If I drive it with 200 treadwear rated tires, I shouldn't run into major problems and oiling should be fine.

"Now is the process of maintenance and repair."

That's an understatement!

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 1 month later...

Thanks M.... I doubt my decisions and direction until I jump into my car and drive it.

Just waiting for my ast 5200 coilovers to arrive.

Soon, Fiona will get those and the SPC front lower control arms.

My little hybrid does its job most of the week. I drive the wrx to work maybe 2 to 3 days a week and possibly a weekend drive for 2 hours.

I wasnt sure about a daily but the little economical ct200h works well.

I do miss Shrek on the track and it will be interesting to see how I do with Fiona after getting back in the groove.

8KedFk5.jpg

PhrSE9k.jpg

ojrtoO0.jpg

Be0doAP.jpg

ast 5200 and super pro front contol arms installed today.

I wasn't crazy about the reservoir mounting, but they are 175# zip ties. If I need to remove the STB, I can just cut and re-mount.

Need to break in and settle the ride and then go for ride-height, corner balancing and alignment.

Yes, I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing her in action at the track.

Speaking of, and a bit off-topic, but somewhat fun:

https://jalopnik.com/watch-a-tesla-model-3-go-flat-out-on-laguna-seca-racewa-1823532600

not sure why I hadnt checked that link.

The best I got out of it was that Shrek with me behind the wheel is 3 seconds a lap faster than a porsche 996 driven by steve millen?

Randy Pobst drove a factory spec 2015 STI in "moist" conditions at 1:45.

I hope the 1:54 was with pouring rain.

Not sure why the tela driver would be on the track with factory brakes unless he had a death wish.

I would be very interested in seeing a properly set up tesla at Laguna Seca...or any racetrack...for an entire session. An awd version with all the braking, suspension, and wheels/tires one may buy off the shelf. Gonna have to look for it on youtube tonight.

Based on all the issues, not really liking the "one true center console" design, $50k for the "upgraded" version, etc.. I just (today) canceled my Model 3 reservation.

ohlins had a bad pillow ball. could have gotten two new pillow balls for the fronts, but it was an opportunity to...umm...do some maintenance++

definitely stiffer. too soon to tell. however, it is slightly jarring. not like the fortunes...just stiff. they are definitely intended for track use rather than daily.

Archived