LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

Checked that out today with a buddy of mine. He ended up getting a 3.6R at another dealership instead. Unsprung clutch, lowering springs, deck screws holding the fenders on and they put the exhaust on because it was straight piped at one point and sounded horrible. Someone put a new turbo on it. Also I guess previous owner spliced into the main harness instead of getting an adapter for an aftermarket radio that was previously installed. I believe the dealer corrected that though.

I'd personally stay away...

Edited by MGT

• 1 month later...
I feel like that bumper looks a little darker than the rest of the car, could just be the lighting, but It looks like that in most of the pics. I wonder if it was in an accident?

Looks like the lighting is just screwy, if you go through the pics, the ones pointed down it looks darker but straight on its the same color. In any case having a new front bumper could just be a case of too much bug rash or damage from highway driving. Mine looks terrible, but that is how I bought it and I don't see having it fixed before I finish my commuting for school.

• 4 weeks later...
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/littleton-rare-2010-subaru-legacy-25gt/7019973332.html

Spoiler alert... it's mine!

So sad to be parting with this awesome car, but I had an opportunity pop up that I couldn't turn down. I've loved learning from and being a part of this forum for the last few years!

I hear you there. Before I took my mother's '13 2.5i I had an 02 Dodge Ram 1500 (my dad also has one) and I eventually sold it after 7 months. I loved that thing so much, but the amount of $$$ I could've lost trying to keep it fixed up would've been horrible. I paid $3200 for it and sold it for $5200, and with repairs + parts I essentially broke even.

man she looks pretty fresh for 106k, no cracks in the seat or anything. mine is 2 years and 7k newer and its starting to get some pretty bad cracks in the driver seat on the get out side. I may get some vinyl repair tape for it but know its gonna bother me to see even if it helps preserve the seat.

• 2 weeks later...

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/woodbridge-2010-subaru-legacy-25-gt/7034771055.html

good price!

2010, 140k, $6,400, DC area. looks clean, and recent brakes and calipers all around...makes my heart hurt thinking about what i paid for my car just 3 years ago, but that's okay.

Edited by creep_nu

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/woodbridge-2010-subaru-legacy-25-gt/7034771055.html

good price!

2010, 140k, $6,400, DC area. looks clean, and recent brakes and calipers all around...makes my heart hurt thinking about what i paid for my car just 3 years ago, but that's okay.

Wow that seems really cheap, the car seems clean and doesn't appear to have any questionable history.

I wonder if a dealer gave the owner a low ball trade in price and it was priced off of that. My friend picked up 2011 Legacy 2.5i from that scenario for $3500.

Wow that seems really cheap, the car seems clean and doesn't appear to have any questionable history.

I wonder if a dealer gave the owner a low ball trade in price and it was priced off of that. My friend picked up 2011 Legacy 2.5i from that scenario for $3500.

I'd be willing to bet that's the case...dealers know a turbo, manual, full size sedan is a limited market and aren't going to want it sitting on their lot for a long time. Also, wondering if the owner drove in maryland a lot--they salt their roads more than virginia, so could be a lot of rust hiding underneath. would make sense given that it just got 4 new calipers...

Edited by creep_nu

• 2 months later...

obvious accident repair is obvious--new headlight, fresh bumper, driver's side fender not matching the bumper color...not to mention the rebuilt title or anything. given the aftermarket exhaust, shift knob and pedals I'd put money that thing's had an access port at one point or another and i'd be wary of it. might be just fine, but especially considering the rebuilt title i wouldn't personally be happy with it unless it was $8k or less(from no other point than pulling that number out of my ass//gut reaction), and even then without a thorough inspection that might still be high.

*edit* pedals aren't aftermarket--forgot 11+ came with aluminum pedals, only us 10's had the crappy rubber ones

Edited by creep_nu