LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

obvious accident repair is obvious--new headlight, fresh bumper, driver's side fender not matching the bumper color...not to mention the rebuilt title or anything. given the aftermarket exhaust, shift knob and pedals I'd put money that thing's had an access port at one point or another and i'd be wary of it. might be just fine, but especially considering the rebuilt title i wouldn't personally be happy with it unless it was $8k or less(from no other point than pulling that number out of my ass//gut reaction), and even then without a thorough inspection that might still be high.

*edit* pedals aren't aftermarket--forgot 11+ came with aluminum pedals, only us 10's had the crappy rubber ones

I paid 6k for mine with an Rebuilt title last year 100k on it. a much better repair too. 40k miles is not worth 6k dollars. Your $8k is spot on.

I don't think that you should be paying $14k to say the least...

For sure. Low miles and clean, but I would haggle to at least 12k. If not, no deal. I saw a few around 105k miles under 10k, so the prices aren't too shabby. regardless of whether my wife lets me, I think I hold out 1 more year to see if the next gen STI delivers. If that's a flop, I'd be more than happy to jump into a 5th gen GT as my commuter.

• 2 weeks later...
That car looks great - looks like the owner paid for a detail before selling it, which is atypical for craigslist, I think! (most of the cars I see on there are a mess in terms of cleaning!)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ehhh, can't tell. picture 2 makes the drivers side look okay, but picture 3 makes it look like the rear quarter might be a little crunchy if you look at the reflections, especially along the belt line, it looks like there's a kink. can't imagine the car would be written off for just a bumper and trunk lid, though maybe there's suspension and exhaust damage too, or the trunk/spare wheel well got a little crunchy too...

that said, without an in person inspection to verify the condition...might still be worthwhile to get it just for parts, or if you've got a cheap shell could be a good donor car for a swap if it goes cheap enough.

gt.png.60b7a73b3faddb5e72349a02bd4d9c49.png

I just noticed, it's here in Kansas City. It very well could be DANgerGT's car. I was looking back through old post and he sold his original headlights. I'll PM him.

Update: Just confirmed it is his. :(

Here is the salvaged car:

481e7cb8-c78d-4544-baf7-0394f274ccbf.JPG

And DANger's car:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/dbd801/IMG_18331.jpg

27519678708_7981ffddb2_z.jpg

41478052522_9818adcdf4_k.thumb.jpg.2cfdaf3105c85cd1ef697cda3d8d7118.jpg

Edited by Falcor

Good stalking :D

I think 5th gen GT guys have to be to keep the interest going :)

We have been messaging back and fourth and he was in a pileup on I-35 where there is some construction back in May. A semi didn't stop and smacked a van into the GT. He is ok, but has some ongoing whiplash.