LegacyGT.com

Alex's Obsidian Black LGT wagon

alex0856

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qft

What's your take on that? I bought a used one. 30k miles. Got damaged in shipping (engine cover clip bracket broke off), so USPS will be paying me back. I'll want another eventually. But I'll be using the OEM one for now.

What's your take on that? I bought a used one. 30k miles. Got damaged in shipping (engine cover clip bracket broke off), so USPS will be paying me back. I'll want another eventually. But I'll be using the OEM one for now.

I've got the BMB bulletproof kit on mine. And it is just great insurance that you aren't going to blow the end tanks off. I put mine on shortly after going stage 2 and my end tanks weren't separated much but I'm sure they would have. It just really nice insurance to have and it's far cheaper then buying a larger intercooler then you need. Also I know he just got the kits back in stock recently.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• Moderators
I've got the BMB bulletproof kit on mine. And it is just great insurance that you aren't going to blow the end tanks off. I put mine on shortly after going stage 2 and my end tanks weren't separated much but I'm sure they would have. It just really nice insurance to have and it's far cheaper then buying a larger intercooler then you need. Also I know he just got the kits back in stock recently.

Not quite yet, but picking things up from the shop on Friday--weather permitting. Should get things going again this weekend :D

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I'm gonna make do with what I have for now - I have to pay for a compression test, get my AMSOIL bypass kit, and then save for tires before I spend another penny on this car.

Well, except for a TapTurn flasher :rolleyes:

Tapturn is great! BMB has one I saw in the classifieds. Not sure if he still has it or not. It might be worth the extra for the newest with the wig wag feature though 😏

How does that work with our stalks. Don't they get "stuck" down until you turb the wheel past a certain point?

Didn't know you can change it, sweet.

Update all. According to tracking, the VF40 is currently in Idaho as of 223PM today. ETA is Tuesday, I'm guessing that'll be spot-on. I'm gonna get all my other parts installed and get everything ready tomorrow, then I'll slap it in Tuesday night if possible :)

Also ordered a Blackstone kit just to help fuel my paranoia. I'll be sending that in tomorrow as well.

Update from today's adventures:

Replaced the following:

UP switched out for a catless UP off an 04 STi

Turbo inlet (lots of curse words were exchanged)

Radiator drain cap, because I stripped mine

Rear diff fluid

Also drained the oil and took a sample for Blackstone labs. Brought the EGT sensor home with me so I can do the resistor mod. Then I'm 100% ready for my VF40 to arrive tomorrow. It was in Portland this morning!

THE WAGON IS BACK ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the VF40 in late last night, started her up with no issues. No dash lights, fluid leaks, funny noises, etc. Which is funny since I was pretty confident I'd mess something up :lol:

As I said in the PNW "What did you do to your Legacy" thread, a huge thanks to all of you for your support during this process. And a big thank you to JmP6689928 for all of his support as well.

I'm a happy guy today.

Archived