LegacyGT.com

Alex's Obsidian Black LGT wagon

alex0856

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been calling him every day. No answer. Fortunately, I know where he lives :icon_twis I don't expect to get anything out of it though. My goal is to throw around the idea of taking legal action, and see if he'll give some of the cash back. Again, there's a 1 in a 1000 chance of that happening. But I might as well try.

Edit: Noob moment here, the VF40 is the stock turbo right?

Just read through this entire thread... quite a few turn of events. Sorry about the shitty seller and good luck getting everything resolved. I must say though, I always do enjoy reading whatever MrTris has to say. I can only hope to stay out of his sights during my time on the forums.

Just read through this entire thread... quite a few turn of events. Sorry about the shitty seller and good luck getting everything resolved. I must say though, I always do enjoy reading whatever MrTris has to say. I can only hope to stay out of his sights during my time on the forums.

I got my eye on you, newbie.

:whore:

Same here slow. It is so nice to read Mr. Tris's posts, but hopefully u and me both stay out of his path...:spin::lol:

Well, I'm into the car about 11700 after the repairs right now, and I could turn around and sell it for at least 11 to the right person. So the overall loss isn't bad, it's just the headache that comes with it.

I am starting to think about the pre-emptive rebuild on my vf40 as well. Sucks about the situation you are in now, good luck with the unicorn if you do keep it. :)

I'd recommend the rebuild. Better than it shattering into a billion pieces and destroying your motor.

I'm keeping the car. I love it to death, and the way I see it I now will have a lot of the major services out of the way that I won't have to think about for years.

My wagons at 133,000 and reading through this thread has me worried about my turbo now ha ... I just bought an UP and DP and plan to go stage 2 in the next week. At this point maybe I should do a turbo rebuild too rather than risking a blown engine.

My wagons at 133,000 and reading through this thread has me worried about my turbo now ha ... I just bought an UP and DP and plan to go stage 2 in the next week. At this point maybe I should do a turbo rebuild too rather than risking a blown engine.

I'm sure there are many people here who would recommend it. Is yours original?

While you have it off, thoroughly inspect it. Check for shaft play, look at the compressor blades, make sure they're not hitting the housing, and that they look sharp. It's like a boat or an airplane, if the prop is dinged up, it cavitates amd doesn't produce max pressure (or recieve it from the exhaust). I should have looked at my turbo more closely before going stage 2. It was discovered on the dyno that the turbo wasn't spooling well. Oh well, time for a vf52! Haha

While you have it off, thoroughly inspect it. Check for shaft play, look at the compressor blades, make sure they're not hitting the housing, and that they look sharp. It's like a boat or an airplane, if the prop is dinged up, it cavitates amd doesn't produce max pressure (or recieve it from the exhaust). I should have looked at my turbo more closely before going stage 2. It was discovered on the dyno that the turbo wasn't spooling well. Oh well, time for a vf52! Haha

Good idea. I bought an AP as well so I'll be able to keep an eye on it via the gauges.

Welp. Low and behold, my VF40 seems to have taken a shit ahead of schedule. Everything was fine fine on my 310 mile trip yesterday. Lost about 3/4 of a quart of oil. Drove it 35 miles to Leavenworth today. Halfway back it started not boosting properly. I'd hit the throttle, get stuttering from 2500 all the way to 5k RPMs. It almost feels like a misfire but all signs point to turbo. This is my first turbo'd car so I don't know what's supposed to happen when it starts to go.

Anyway, got back, had minor coolant leakage from the boot connecting the turbo to the motor. Hosed it off, drove 11 miles grannying the crap out of the car and got no leaks.

Progressive quoted me 800 bucks for a tow so **** that. I'll probably just baby it and go 55 the whole way home tomorrow. Don't have many other options.

• I Donated Too

life in your hands...

$800 might be cheap compared to the alternative. If the Turbo dumps into the block then you will definitely be screwed... THAT all said, you're already dealing with an unknown and it seems all bad news to me anyway... you may as well limp it home, hope for the best but if you get a losing hand at this game of cards you should consider you were always going to need a better engine anyway.

If you love the car and most of us LOVE these cars... (to a point) then it's a worthwhile investment. Heck I got three of the damn things.

I wish you the very best of luck getting it home, I hope all goes well and you can get it back and not end up with more bad news.

If you can't afford to join the KidsWithTheNewBlock Club, then hope you have full coverage; drive too fast for conditions once you hit 90W before Cle Elum and lose control into a deep median. There are plenty of other 5mt wagons that don't already have a blown motor.

Best of luck to, dude. :(

Maybe good news. Might just be a misfire after all. No CEL though, no pending codes. Put it in 4th and floored it going up hill at 20mph for 30 seconds trying to get it throw a code. Turbo SOUNDS fine. Haven't been able to get it to leak again. If I'm cruising at 60, no issues until I try and get on the throttle. I just replaced the plugs, so for all I know my room mate didn't gap them properly when he picked them up. Or I've got a bad ignition coil.

I ship out at 10 tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

life in your hands...

$800 might be cheap compared to the alternative. If the Turbo dumps into the block then you will definitely be screwed... THAT all said, you're already dealing with an unknown and it seems all bad news to me anyway... you may as well limp it home, hope for the best but if you get a losing hand at this game of cards you should consider you were always going to need a better engine anyway.

If you love the car and most of us LOVE these cars... (to a point) then it's a worthwhile investment. Heck I got three of the damn things.

I wish you the very best of luck getting it home, I hope all goes well and you can get it back and not end up with more bad news.

The worst part is, I love my LGT a little too much. You know, with it being the perfect car and all...:wub:

If you can't afford to join the KidsWithTheNewBlock Club, then hope you have full coverage; drive too fast for conditions once you hit 90W before Cle Elum and lose control into a deep median. There are plenty of other 5mt wagons that don't already have a blown motor.

Best of luck to, dude. :(

Ha, you know if I was by myself I'd be half tempted. My bank seems to think the car is worth 16k, maybe Progressive thinks the same.

What are the chances! I too also live in the same shit hole city of yours and just bought my gf an OBP 05 LGT Wagon but hers it automatic due to being a bum and not wanting to shift.

Sorry to hear about all your car issues, it's making me very nervous about mine. Im right on the same boat as you trying to learn all this crap before everything goes down hill. I believe you have the same car I was eyeing prior to buying mine, dodged a bullet there it seems. If I find a good mechanic that is a guru on our cars I will for sure let you know

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm257/reodan92/DSC_0004_zpstvqm61pm.jpg

Archived