LegacyGT.com

Mirrorlink

Guest rayms69

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is in Subarus best interest to bring their system to compliance. The fault lies with HU manufacturer for not having the latest iteration of Mirrorlink on their system when they sold it to Subaru.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• 1 month later...
Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1:

Settings -> Connections -> NFC and Sharing -> MirrorLink

You'll have to connect the Note 4 to the Forrester via USB and then untick "Connect to vehicle via USB".

Is this working for you? have a s6 edge running 5.1.1 updates few weeks back and didn't connect it.

I use car charger for my Samsung's.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DDLYCUW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00]Amazon.com: Anker 4.8A / 24W 2-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology + 3ft Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

haven't seen anyone report HTC M8 from other carrier report result yet.

HTC One M8 H/K on Sprint with Android 5.0.2

'15 Premium, non-nav, non-H/K, 6 speaker

On the HU main "apps" screen I am able to launch MirrorLink and see 6 boxes once it loads (weather, news, etc)

Network connection is reported as "good"

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine

Well here I was all excited to have done something no one else seemingly could, only to realize I was using the Starlink app on the HU...

Le sigh, I too have MirrorLink grayed out

I was able to set my phones data connection via USB to mirror link but that didn't do anything

:nono:

Just to keep adding to the futility ....

When I spoke to customer service a few days ago, thats what they told me.

"Works in Europe". No news about when or if it would ever work here.

This is so frustrating as its probably a minor software update to make this work.

Someone suggested that the problem may be the version of Mirrorlink on our phones is too new.

Can an older version of Mirrorlink be installed on our phones ?

Someone suggested that the problem may be the version of Mirrorlink on our phones is too new.

and I believe this to be part of the truth.

The HU uses ML 1.0 (supposedly) where as in my case the M8 used 1.1

It's a protocol that unfortunately isn't backwards compatible.

You might be able to somehow downgrade ML on your phone but really Subaru should do the right thing and update it.

Now as for that whole "the HU needs to function in several markets, hence its grayed out" nonsense, well that's just non-sense.

If they only have TWO HU sku's for the new generation then they'd need to utilize programming to disable it for the USA and enable it for other markets which means someone should be able to change the programming.

IIRC a thread on here stated someone figured out how to get into the diagnostic mode for the HU which may allow for this reprogramming?

If you ask me, US laws regarding video playback while a vehicle is in motion is the cause for this. IIRC there is no factory way for the HU via ML to disable video playback while in motion and as a result cars coming off the line would be in violation from day-0.

Where as, a HU that can detect car motion and disable playback accordingly is legal from day-0 and even though it can be bypassed by the consumer, when it leaves the manufacturer it's disabled and removes liability from them.

What I believe Subaru is planning to update MirrorLink to the latest version 1.2 to avoid having to do two updates.

I guess it would be a first... Someone here told me aside from map updates Subaru has NEVER released a software update for its HU's

and I believe this to be part of the truth.

The HU uses ML 1.0 (supposedly) where as in my case the M8 used 1.1

It's a protocol that unfortunately isn't backwards compatible.

You might be able to somehow downgrade ML on your phone but really Subaru should do the right thing and update it.

Now as for that whole "the HU needs to function in several markets, hence its grayed out" nonsense, well that's just non-sense.

If they only have TWO HU sku's for the new generation then they'd need to utilize programming to disable it for the USA and enable it for other markets which means someone should be able to change the programming.

IIRC a thread on here stated someone figured out how to get into the diagnostic mode for the HU which may allow for this reprogramming?

If you ask me, US laws regarding video playback while a vehicle is in motion is the cause for this. IIRC there is no factory way for the HU via ML to disable video playback while in motion and as a result cars coming off the line would be in violation from day-0.

Where as, a HU that can detect car motion and disable playback accordingly is legal from day-0 and even though it can be bypassed by the consumer, when it leaves the manufacturer it's disabled and removes liability from them.

I am even interested to see HU in Dev mode may be someone or at least i will take a look and figure out what's going on..

Archived