LegacyGT.com

Mirrorlink

Guest rayms69

You test any app yet? I have a M8 as well, I will be pickup my 2016 in a few days.

The only thing it lets me do is adjust screen size, nothing else works. [emoji26] I think its cause the head unit doesn't support android lollipop yet but if your running a older version it might just work. I'll be trying a older phone I have to see if my phone screen populates on the head unit with a older android version. I was just excited I got it to highlight and open!!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When early adopters of new technology incorporate it in their hardware there always be lagging of software supporters and growing pains. The same complainers of the new technology would be dissatisfied because Subaru did not have the insight to adopt something.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Has some one tried mirror link with the updated software on the 2015 Legacy ?

I had the software update on my '15 Legacy. Twice. After the first update I lost several non-critical functions (vehicle monitor, eco monitor). Not a huge deal, but on a 1 year old car you want things to work as designed, right? So I took it back and had them apply the update again. Things are back to normal now, meaning the vehicle monitor and eco monitor work, but no change in Mirrorlink - still grayed out. What really drives me nuts is anytime I plug my phone into the USB, it says it's connected via Mirrorlink and I can't access any functions on the phone, and I'm not sure it's even charging. To be fair, I haven't played with Mirrorlink much to try to make it work since the update. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

I had the software update on my '15 Legacy. Twice. After the first update I lost several non-critical functions (vehicle monitor, eco monitor). Not a huge deal, but on a 1 year old car you want things to work as designed, right? So I took it back and had them apply the update again. Things are back to normal now, meaning the vehicle monitor and eco monitor work, but no change in Mirrorlink - still grayed out. What really drives me nuts is anytime I plug my phone into the USB, it says it's connected via Mirrorlink and I can't access any functions on the phone, and I'm not sure it's even charging. To be fair, I haven't played with Mirrorlink much to try to make it work since the update. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

I don't know if there is way that we can demand a answer from SOA. If any know a way please let us know.

This is my same issue.. I just got the S7 and it says its connected to mirror link but like i said in the other post its gray and u usable.. So i tried unplugging the UCB cable and looked at my apps page and all the Apps are Grayed out..[emoji47]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This is my same issue.. I just got the S7 and it says its connected to mirror link but like i said in the other post its gray and u usable.. So i tried unplugging the UCB cable and looked at my apps page and all the Apps are Grayed out..[emoji47]

All apps? Pics please i am using s6 and didn't find like that only mirror link is grayed out.

All apps? Pics please i am using s6 and didn't find like that only mirror link is grayed out.

Aha, Starlink, Mirror Link and I think its Pandora but i could be mistaken on the Last one.. All of them are Grayed out and cant be selected..[emoji47]

If only they'd trash their native software and just update us all with Android Auto. -_-

Something tells me they'll update the entertainment console before the model refresh, and we'll all have to elect to upgrade.

Still waiting on it. At this time seems like some one posted a brief change log on the other thread.

Subaru has pushed back the update for Mirrorlink for '15 into mid-year. Here are the details I just got:

"I'm still hearing from our engineers that the update would be available after May of this year. It would be in the form of an update the the dealer can perform through the USB, and would be to MirrorLink version 1.1."

In other words, no need to rush to get the current update because there will be another, hopefully more useful one, down the road?!

Curious how to determine what my firmware on my 2016 legacy 2.5 Premium w/ 7 Non-Nav which I adore:) Frustrated with the lack of support for iOS in terms of Mirrorlink. great strategy for Subaru, no reasonable support for mirroring for the masses and force Nav which I imagine is straight revenue and wouldn't want to cut their throat by allowing 80% of their owners mirror google maps/ apple maps ect instead of getting the leather in the Limited and or customizing a Premium. The 7 inch in Sube is gorgeous and deserves to do so much more. I am thinking at the very least a Petition and or perhaps Class Action Lawsuit?

Curious how to determine what my firmware on my 2016 legacy 2.5 Premium w/ 7 Non-Nav which I adore:) Frustrated with the lack of support for iOS in terms of Mirrorlink. great strategy for Subaru, no reasonable support for mirroring for the masses and force Nav which I imagine is straight revenue and wouldn't want to cut their throat by allowing 80% of their owners mirror google maps/ apple maps ect instead of getting the leather in the Limited and or customizing a Premium. The 7 inch in Sube is gorgeous and deserves to do so much more. I am thinking at the very least a Petition and or perhaps Class Action Lawsuit?

A lawsuit over not being able to mirror the maps from your phone onto the head unit screen??:confused::confused::confused:

You could've just got your car with nav from the factory, on a Premium. You don't have to get leather to get nav.

With Honda you have to go EX-L (leather) to get nav, why don't you sue them over not offering cloth seats and nav while you're at it?

OR, why not just get one of those vent clip mounts and have your phone right above the screen?

Or get a suction cup mount and stick it to the windshield.

Or stick it right over the head unit screen.:lol:

Or do all 3 with 3 different phones and still get off cheaper than paying legal fees.

Want a bigger screen? Get a tablet then.

There's many, more economic solutions than a lawsuit, but if you want to sue go right ahead!

As for finding firmware version, I believe I've seen it in the settings somewhere. If you dig around for a minute or two you'll probably find it.

BullSh!t! Get a life.

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Archived