LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Volume-3 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flying at typical 33K FT and above, you literally have seconds if there's a loss of cabin pressure. Don't delay in getting your O2 supply hooked-up for yourself, then tend to others.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Watched this last week. Daughter had her first flying experience with Grandma this summer, had her watch it and understand as well. Had no idea how fast your brain shuts down. Destin was just about to crash and burn.

I've seen a lot of OLED displays from phones, to monitors, to TVs, and I still can't really say it's better than a good LED display (or even some really nice LCD displays)... they are not remarkably improved in any way I can detect, except maybe you can get a thinner backing?

I've seen a lot of OLED displays from phones, to monitors, to TVs, and I still can't really say it's better than a good LED display (or even some really nice LCD displays)... they are not remarkably improved in any way I can detect, except maybe you can get a thinner backing?

OLEDs are generally cheaper to run (uses less electricity), since you only have 1 "level" of display, vs. multiple for LED or LCD (backlight(s), liquid crystal, etc.).

Also, for people who care about their video, it offers true black because it either has that pixel's OLEDs on, or off, and has no backlight (whether single backlight, area backlight or individual backlight - which is the only tech to come close, but is expensive and uncommon).

OLED is pretty awesome tech. once it's available in 65" sizes for reasonable prices (sub $1k), i'll be getting a new tv.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

OLEDs are generally cheaper to run (uses less electricity), since you only have 1 "level" of display, vs. multiple for LED or LCD (backlight(s), liquid crystal, etc.).

Also, for people who care about their video, it offers true black because it either has that pixel's OLEDs on, or off, and has no backlight (whether single backlight, area backlight or individual backlight - which is the only tech to come close, but is expensive and uncommon).

OLED is pretty awesome tech. once it's available in 65" sizes for reasonable prices (sub $1k), i'll be getting a new tv.

Since you seem to know more about this than I do, can you tell me if "conventional" LED panels also have true black? Or are they always on, like an LCD?

No true black. It's backlit. OLED are individually lit, which means they can be individually turned off for true black.

Just did some googling after reading this... apparently "LED" monitors are just LCD monitors with a different backlight... WTF!! :spin::spin::spin: glad I never wasted money on that! Hardly an improvement...

Just did some googling after reading this... apparently "LED" monitors are just LCD monitors with a different backlight... WTF!! :spin::spin::spin: glad I never wasted money on that! Hardly an improvement...

Yep. Just fancy wording. Should read LED-lit LCD display

Sent from your bedroom closet ]-.-[

Take a look at the U.S. Navy's NexGen RailGun. Mach 7 out of the barrel, 200+ mile range, lethality in spades, and significantly reduced per round expense. `
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hahaha! Nice! My wife did a pull up on the overhead bar of the BART train once, and the lady sitting across the isle caught it out of the corner of her eye and turned to me and was like..."did she just do that?" with this look of disbelief on her face. I smiled and said, "yup, she can do 5 in a row."

pretty fast and technically good, but sounds muddled and lost in the rest of the music playing over her. im not nearly as impressed as some others ive seen.

like this guy. probably not as fast or technical as her, but a much more enjoyable track to me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZuSaudKc68]Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata - 3rd Movement for electric guitar - YouTube[/ame]

Archived