LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Volume-3 (CLOSED)

SBT

There's an SR-71 just 45 mins from here at Castle Air Force. Very impressive seeing them up close, and those engines are massive compared to the rest of the plane.

Matter of fact, we're going up there this weekend for the "Open Cockpit" day. Where you get a chance to sit in the cockpit of each plane on display.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

live streams RIGHT now from the ISS (International Space Station):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBQG-XbBFDo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy5PC5Auoak

and there's another to watch when the ISS goes around to the dark side of the planet. It should be in the light for another 40min, dark for 45min, light for 45min, roughly.

recorded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njCDZWTI-xg

edit: ha they lost signal right after i posted.

There's an SR-71 just 45 mins from here at Castle Air Force. Very impressive seeing them up close, and those engines are massive compared to the rest of the plane.

Matter of fact, we're going up there this weekend for the "Open Cockpit" day. Where you get a chance to sit in the cockpit of each plane on display.

As a gun totin' non-CARB giving a fock TN redneck there are not many times I'm jealous of people in California.

This is one of those times.

take pictures. I'm pretty sure I could fap to an SR71 cockpit.

My son and I might have to meet up with you guys there.

As a gun totin' non-CARB giving a fock TN redneck there are not many times I'm jealous of people in California.

I've got tons of pics of the SR71 (exterior) on my home computer from the last time we were up there. Not sure if it's part of the open cockpit displays, but I'll check.

My son and I might have to meet up with you guys there.

Cool, there's close to 20+ planes that you can climb up into, mostly from WWII to Vietnam era. We plan on being there around 10:00am for a few hours.

Watch some of the F-22, and SU-30, 35, and now 47 vectored maneuvers. They're engineered to stand on their tail, stop in mid-air, flip over in the length of the plane, and rotate horizontally around the center axis of the aircraft - all in mid-flght. The Soviet aircraft do it better, TBH.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I don't believe it. Show me a video of a REAL plane doing a fail stand. RC helicopters can fly upside down within in-ground effect and not have an issue. A real one can't.

Sent from your bedroom closet ]-.-[

And while they're busy being airborne ballerinas, the 22 will put ordnance up their thrust vectoring asses. ;)

Agreed on that point. Nothing would come close. If the bad guys can gain the assymetric upper-hand, they'll make an initial dent, but they won't be able to overcome the integrated assets that will rain down on them in short order.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

And while they're busy being airborne ballerinas, the 22 will put ordnance up their thrust vectoring asses. ;)

Maybe not. From what I've read the various SU-27 Flanker variants are some of the best fighters around. Those high angles of attack allow the plane to point its nose and target enemy aircraft pretty damn easily. The Cobra maneuver has a purpose. Add that to the fact the F-22 is pretty damn old with old avionics and doesn't have the helmet targeting that the Flanker does (pilot looks at a plane off to his side and the helmet targeting locks on) and once close in the Flanker could easily have the advantage.

And remember Vietnam? American aircraft were not allowed to attack other planes they had not visually identified. No BVR engagements. Add that to the fact that we haven't developed a long range missile since the Phoenix while the Russians have (I've read twice the AMRAAMs range for their new missiles) and the F-22s might have quite a fight on their hands.

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun3/SAM_0092-2.jpg

It’s not often that a YouTube video on a technical topic gives one goosebumps. And it’s not often that someone unpacking a computer makes history.

Francois Rautenbach, a computer hardware and software engineer from Tshwane, achieves both with a series of videos he has quietly posted on YouTube.

It shows the “unboxing” of a batch of computer modules that had been found in a pile of scrap metal 40 years ago and kept in storage ever since. Painstaking gathering of a wide range of evidence, from documents to archived films, had convinced Rautenbach he had tracked down the very first Guidance and Navigation Control computer, used on a test flight of the Saturn 1B rocket and the Apollo Command and Service Modules.

http://www.gadget.co.za/the-hacker-the-scrapheap-and-the-first-apollo-computer/
453747.png

The Air Force complains the A-10 isn't survivable in a conflicted air zone, but Air Force reports expected something like 80% losses if the Warsaw Pact invaded Western Europe.

Whaaaaat? They knew it had a critical mission back in the 80s and built it anyway but now claim survivability is important. They talk out of their ass becz they screwed up the F-35 shitcan program and now can't afford it.

Military industrial complex, indeed. Maybe they should just have the Russians build them a bunch of SU-25 Frogfoots to replace the A-10.

Just posted picks of the SR71 in the "What'd on your mind" thread. Let the fapping begin.

Archived