LegacyGT.com

SFW Only: Post your appropriate pics- Volume-3 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure its not the case but be carefull doing things like this. at least in ca you are allowed to do this if you display a disability card or have a plate. I do it often in my van and if someone does that to me there is going to be

a major problem.

Enough space for a Smart on the other side.

I'm sure its not the case but be carefull doing things like this. at least in ca you are allowed to do this if you display a disability card or have a plate. I do it often in my van and if someone does that to me there is going to be

a major problem.

Well - it would be the passenger side, so it won't be a problem for any handicapped driver. And if the passenger is handicapped - back out the car and let the person in.

What really grinds my gears is non-handicapped people stealing the handicap parking permits and abuse them.

453747.png

Glad to see Harley riders riding a 25K+ bike and won't buy proper gear or a reasonable helmet. Good job idiots!!

we should make more laws to force them to think like you

Percentage of motorcyclist fatalities in which riders were not wearing helmets, by state — United States, 2008–2010

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/figures/m6123a1f1.gif

Helmet Laws By State

http://www.iihs.org/frontend/iihs/laws/datastoreimages.ashx?documentName=HelmetUseMapChart

Coincidence?

Source:

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6123a1.htm

graph makes no since "Percentage of motorcyclist fatalities in which riders were not wearing helmets, by state — United States, 2008–2010" so riders that die in a crash while not wearing a helmet is what I'm reading. if that is so, than it would be done by percent probability of death per-crash.

Percentage of motorcyclist fatalities in which riders were not wearing helmets, by state — United States, 2008–2010

That's an inherently misleading statistic. That stat says, "of the people who died in motorcycle accidents, what percentage had helmets on?"

That stat says nothing of how many or how frequent the fatalities were. The stat that you want to get at is how many deaths were PREVENTED by wearing helmets, not how many corpses had helmets on.

Not to get too gruesome, but many motorcycle deaths are leg or arm bleed-outs that have nothing to do with a helmet. There are just as many head injuries, I'm sure. A head-trauma death count per vehicle miles traveled (by state, to see the effect of laws) would be most telling.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Presumably full-faced helmets, protective pants, protective boots, and gloves for the passenger. Of course, that would interfere with the passenger's text messaging...

Meanwhile:

Analysis of linked death certificate information points to a

significant correlation between helmet use and injuries to the

head among fatally injured motorcycle riders. Slightly more

than half of the unhelmeted motorcyclists had one or more

injuries to their head as compared to slightly less than a third

of the helmeted motorcyclists.

But whatever, believe what you want. 'merica! Freedom!

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810856.pdf

they are both wearing DOT approved helmets and motorcycle jackets. What more do you want them to wear?:confused:

You are correct, some gear is better than none. Those particular riders' gear is inadequate IMO and it seems a prevalent attitude amongst certain groups of motorcyclists. It is my opinion, and I realize not everyone will agree.

I grew up around motorcycles and am glad to have an awesome mentor in the sport. Not everyone else had this opportunity and their choice in gear frequently reflects that.

While DOT approved, open face helmets do not protect nearly as well as full face. I worked in health care for many years, and those type of helmets we referred to as "brain buckets" for a reason.

Good on them for buying the jackets but what about the rest of the body? Along with a high-end helmet, protective riding specific jacket, pants, boots, and gloves are a must for me. If I take a spill I want as much protection as I can, but that's just me.

If other riders enjoy nurses wire-brushing gravel out of skin to prep for skin grafts by all means go ahead and wear them Levi's and cut-finger "show" gloves.

Like I said, It's my opinion because it's how I approach motorcycling. Not everyone will agree with or share my approach to an already dangerous activity.

Archived