LegacyGT.com

KZR750R1 2006 OBXT Head Gasket/Motor Refresh

Mike responded today from Tuning Alliance.

Base map is not loading in ATRace or to the car from the AP.

Emailed him my findings and hope he can get back to me today.

Wonder if my conversion from V2 to V3 isn't the cause of the headache/incompatibility.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting, I recently upgraded the GT to a V3 from a V2 and I can't seem to get my custom tune loaded onto the V3.
You need to contact cobb and get a new keycode for the access port manager. My old maps are loading fine after. This one not so much.

My V3 was a hunk of shit it would drop connection to the ecu at WOT unless you has an external power supply hooked up to the USB port.
Thanks for the heads up Chris.

Forgot to mention the car passed Smog Thursday! Just four months late. Can't wait till I get my 2017 sticker. Running around on April 2016 sticker is just gonna get me pulled over sooner than later.

Blast! Too much going on. Mike returned my email. It loaded as a reflash. Should have done that in the first place. Runs much smoother. Well see after an Altamont rip.

Idle and cruise logs sent back.

FFsakes they need to get on with repaving westbound 580 over the grade. Hurry up and finish shoring up the mountain!

I'll be due for another windshield in 6 months, easy.

Changed the oil again before the rip over to the east bay Saturday.

Still seeing non ferrous sparkles suspended. Probably 1.2K into this break in.

Much less it seems than earlier, but dammit I'd like to see it gone!

New map ran really well. Looking forward to more updates. So long as this block doesn't eat itself.

I can only figure the cam journals are still wearing in (half joking here :(). Ferrous material is minimal compared to the first change as seen on the magnetic pan plug.

Edited by kzr750r1

Forgot to mention the car passed Smog Thursday! Just four months late. Can't wait till I get my 2017 sticker. Running around on April 2016 sticker is just gonna get me pulled over sooner than later.

If it makes you feel better, I ran my car for like 8 months on an old sticker (they never sent the new one even though I paid on time), never had an issue.

Good to hear your car is up and running. It's been a long time coming :D

Still rolling.

2K down

Going for a 1K stretch now on an oil change.

After the 1K will go 3K then time for Rotella and power tuning.

Need to order my parts for stage 2. Thinking Cobb DP and GS TMIC will fit the bill.

Seriously looking a break upgrades as well.

Airbag dash dummy light keeps turning on periodically.

Airbag light, have you taken it in for the recall ?

I like Brakeperformance.com, they have a 35% deal going...seems like every week or so. They also machine the parts in the USA.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Probably try this in the morning. Post #60.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/airbag-light-sometimes-console-problemi-149073p4.html?highlight=airbag+lamp

EDIT: May have worked! Will need to drive a few times to be sure. Initial two restarts in the driveway no airbag dash lamp makes me happy.

EDIT2: After running some errands this morning no more airbag lamp. Common Subaru enough with the soldering failures.

Falls in line with the key fob door lock switch I had to re solder.

Edited by kzr750r1

Ok. Hit the 1K + a little. Dropping oil in the AM so all is at the bottom of the pan.

1) hope to see much less shimmer.

2) Hope I have the confidence to run it a full 3K pass.

May all depend on what I see come out after this last round.

Edited by kzr750r1

Ok. Took a min but finally made that last OC at 1150. No more shimmer. Sweet.

Going to roll through the rest of this Chevron 5w30 I have on hand. Still have enough for one more OC.

So 6K from now will switch back to T6.

Yes for sure on the non ferrous side. Still getting some ferrous material on the magnetic plug but it's not like it was furry. Best I can figure the cam and buckets are still getting used to each other. :rolleyes:

Love having the magnet on the plug as well during the oil change. Pull it. Clean it. Stick it to the pan till ready for install.