LegacyGT.com

KZR750R1 2006 OBXT Head Gasket/Motor Refresh

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok that's twice now. A little smoke on startup. Yet. Startup after not a puff.

I'm going to just drive the thing. Keep it under 10lb of boost and get these rings seated.

Keep a close eye on fluids. Yada yada...

Was watching DAM sit at 1 in town and on the freeway.

It's been a min. What other monitors should I keep an eye on?

Need to get the AP upgraded to V3.

Temp can do. Pressure is mechanical gauge inside the engine bay. I do have pressure so the gauge was a good feedback item to have.

Just replaced the front endlinks and checking fluids before heading to the east bay. Will probably do and oil change later this weekend. Crack this filter open to check for Debris.

Need to purge some old fuel out. Still at half a tank after placing 5 gallons of new in it.

IMO keep off the highway for the first few hundred miles so you keep the rpms from being constant...if you can.

You are carrying a gallon of coolant with you for a while...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm not carrying extra coolant. Going to poke around a little once it cools off.

Can smell coolant but could be just from what little I spilled on the head.

That and the little ATF and gear oil spills make for an interesting potpourri.

Had to barrow some spanners and tighten up the ball joint capture bolts. Forgot to tighten them down. Now the front end sounds normal.

Second oil change and turbo filter cleaned out. 650 miles.

Still shimmery was hoping this would clear by now.

Will be changing again in the morning Thursday. By then it will have around 800 miles is on the clock.

I have to drive up to El Dorado Hills and back Friday. My normal commute to San Jose is around 110 miles round trip. EDH and back is around 220 is round trip.

Can't take surface streets on some of these legs.

Still running well.

And just in case you're going to be doing any Blackstone reports, on both my GT when it was new, and the Fozz after the rebuilt engine, both had high levels of copper (which gave me a heart attack) on the tests for the oil that was in the car from 5k miles to 10k miles. It was within normal ranges both before and after that 10k mile oil change.

Thought about it but not right now. It's either going to fail soon or be good to go for a while.

After another 175 mile day I'm going to drop the oil again. Need to wait for the store to open though. Need more oil.

After changing the Tacoma, 3 or 4 quarts going in and out of the prelube injection, first and second Oil change, going for number 3, I'm down to 3 quarts out of two cases.

Good ol Costco needs to sell Rotella instead of Mobile 1. But the chevron will work fine for break in.

I may start using Amazon. It's about the only reason I walk into Wallyworld. Had to go pick up some Castrol at Monument this morning so I can keep dropping a pan a day. Will head through Costco today and grab another case of Chevron.

Daughter hates going to Costco. Need to prep for the long trip Friday to EDH. I want another 150 mils down and change before this.

Two more cases on oil in house. Need need some more filters, will pick them up Saturday. I have two left.

Third change was still shimmery but after this trip to EDH will have over 1000 miles on the motor.

Noticing the same boost flutter and really wish Mike would return my emails.

Ordered the V3 AP. Should be here Monday.

Soon as I install the v3 and set it up, I see DAM dropped to .75 after this last tank. Never going to that station again. New I was in trouble when the pump was running slooooooowwww. Just means their filters are clogged and no telling what I put in the tank.

Didn't drive today. Will be moving around this week for sure. Still need to pick up some more oil filters.

On another sideways note. My mom broke down and found a 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited for a decent deal. So she bought it.

Edited by kzr750r1

Soon as I install the v3 and set it up, I see DAM dropped to .75 after this last tank. Never going to that station again. New I was in trouble when the pump was running slooooooowwww. Just means their filters are clogged and no telling what I put in the tank.

Didn't drive today. Will be moving around this week for sure. Still need to pick up some more oil filters.

On another sideways note. My mom broke down and found a 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited for a decent deal. So she bought it.

You may see this for a while until you get a tune, some of the parameters are off and needs to be readjusted.

My wife's balls are delicious.

I'd love to have a tuner with me right now but unresponsive till yesterday. To fill out a word doc of the same information I already used to ask for support.

So I'm skeptical at this point.

DAM flipped back to 1.0 just as I was leaving town today.