LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

I would love for Randy Probst to wring Shrek's neck around Laguna Seca so I could have a benchmark against other cars he has driven for Motor Trend.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love for Randy Probst to wring Shrek's neck around Laguna Seca so I could have a benchmark against other cars he has driven for Motor Trend.

Now that would really be something... your there enough. Get on it!

I have contemplated it, but there must be literally hundreds of guys who would love to see that with their cars...just in the bay area.

I will drop them an email. You never know.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Yeah but sucked for us when our high tech jobs went there from altera

I'm okay with my age but I get the feeling I'm a bit younger than most on here.

random thought is I hate work right now. The only 2 days "off" I have is for my weekend Drill which are usually 10-12 hour days, Work has me doing 4 12s and a 10 in the next 5 7 days when I asked for a couple days off to work on my moving paperwork and Military stuff. I don't think they understand what I'm telling them. I'm going on extended orders for 27 months and being moved to California, I have things I need to do to make sure this goes smoothly and work is not helping.

• 3 years later...

Daily peeve. Why is it that the farther south I drive the more the left lane of the Interstate gets clogged with slow drivers? Georgia...Florida!!! Cruise control on at SL+5, no one else around but a car in the left lane at SL. A minute later, "Oh! There's someone behind me!" Pulls over, I pass, he pulls back into the left lane.

I learned (50 years ago) that it was illegal to pass on the right. But down here it's like: "You want to go faster than me? There are two empty lanes on my right."

Daily peeve. Why is it that the farther south I drive the more the left lane of the Interstate gets clogged with slow drivers? Georgia...Florida!!! Cruise control on at SL+5, no one else around but a car in the left lane at SL. A minute later, "Oh! There's someone behind me!" Pulls over, I pass, he pulls back into the left lane.

I learned (50 years ago) that it was illegal to pass on the right. But down here it's like: "You want to go faster than me? There are two empty lanes on my right."

It irritates me as well, and is no better in Tennessee. Part of it is because they don't enforce any kind of slower vehicles stay right laws down here, other part is because we basically hand out driver licenses like candy lol. The people with handicap tags are the worst, they drive like they are the only ones on the road.

... because we basically hand out driver licenses like candy lol...

That has a lot to do with it. Driving in Germany I was impressed with the generally good driving. I believe the licencing requirements and driver training must be better than here. NOBODY sits in the left lane, especially in the unrestricted speed areas of the autobahns. And nobody changes lanes to the left if there's a faster car coming up in that lane.

That has a lot to do with it. Driving in Germany I was impressed with the generally good driving. I believe the licencing requirements and driver training must be better than here. NOBODY sits in the left lane, especially in the unrestricted speed areas of the autobahns. And nobody changes lanes to the left if there's a faster car coming up in that lane.

Not many do in Canada either. So different than here.

• 2 weeks later...

Germany is a country that takes its driving very seriously. This is understandable when you realize that a German driver’s license costs over $2000, after a minimum of 25-45 hours of professional instruction plus 12 hours of theory, and such a license used to be good for life.

Reference: https://www.german-way.com/travel-and-tourism/driving-in-europe/driving/

That is why German drivers actually know how to drive.

Not many do in Canada either. So different than here.

Depends on where you are in the USA. I used to vacation in the FL panhandle amd drive down from Indy. Out of the cities, people either kept to the right on two or more lane highways or watched their mirrors and moved over for faster traffic.

Cities? People don't give a shit and drive where they feel entitled. East coast. Midwest. Left coast. South.

Edited by KartRacerBoy