LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

I stop at a shop two doors down from Dietschwerks (they are closing and moving away) to get some pricing on some work and see how a working relationship may develop.

There is a guy there with an S5 3.0T looking for headers to get more HP.

He wants coilovers but set to OE height. Why I ask? So he can clear curbs and then lower the car at the track. No, No, No, you can not do that I say.

He intends to do a track day in March (his first track day ever).

I ask him how much the car is putting out. He says it has an exhaust and a tune and is around 420 at the crank. It also has a big brake kit.

For some strange reason, he believes he needs more power because he has learned the car on the street for the past 6 months.

I talked him off the ledge and pushed him into getting his suspension setup, do the track day and then figure what needs to be done next with the car.

It was almost a replay of that black and white youtube video where the guy wants to be put in the fast group.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am at subaru looking at a 2015 sti...candy apple red...no sun roof (thank god) for just under $39,000 MSRP.

It has option package 3 for $2,500 which includes:

Nav

HK

Is there any good reason other than the wife cutting off my penis and throwing it out of a moving car that it would not make sense?

Forget the fact that my car would have to go back to stock....

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Yeah...a very nice color...and even nicer because STI.

I left an open brochure in the kitchen counter...trying to approach it in a passive agressive manner.

If I wait a bit over two years, I can afford to keep the 3.6 and get an sti, but they are dropping that motor.

As I was walking back to Shrek, I kept thinking I should just do the raptor before I pull any trigger on a trade-in.

If I were single, I would have traded today.

This is where all of you roll your eyes and say, "Make up your mind already!" :spin:

This is where all of you roll your eyes and say, "Make up your mind already!" :spin:

I assume that it's more a question of convincing the wife.

If you don't have kids yet then maybe the wife thinks it's a good time to start that discussion! :cool:

453747.png

I assume that it's more a question of convincing the wife.

If you don't have kids yet then maybe the wife thinks it's a good time to start that discussion! :cool:

19 year old in college...graduates in 2.25 years.

2 year old in daycare....

Y'all talking heresy!

We are mostly talking out of our ass...for now. ;)

While you are at it, you can put a full nights sleep on the backburner for a good 6 months.

Patience and you will be fine.

Congrats.

Sorry..changing gears here...

They guys on the 6th gen forum seem very timid when it comes to modding their cars.

The debate over 19mm or 20mm versus whitelines 22mm is funny.

"Will my car be out of warranty?"...cmon!

Random thought:

Did the 4th gen guys feel like this about the 5th gen guys in 2010?

Have we come full circle?

Sorry..changing gears here...

They guys on the 6th gen forum seem very timid when it comes to modding their cars.

The debate over 19mm or 20mm versus whitelines 22mm is funny.

"Will my car be out of warranty?"...cmon!

Random thought:

Did the 4th gen guys feel like this about the 5th gen guys in 2010?

Have we come full circle?

"Will changing the PSI in my tires void my warranty?" :eek:

Yeah... Like as if a couple of mm on the sway bar is going to make that mushy sedan in to a fire breathing untamable monster.

To be fair though, its probably true that the type of person buying a 6th gen vs 5th vs 4th has move more and more conservative when it comes to modding.

They just need more enabling. Double your efforts!

Do we know what the EJ257 will be replaced with?

Considering the likes of the Focus RS, Golf R, they are going to have to step it up a notch. 305 HP isn't enough to compete going forward.

If mitsubishi can churn 400hp out of their 2.0, I think subaru can figure it out.

If I miss out on the 2.5, and I get an sti in a few years with a 2.0 putting out 400, that would be okay too...assuming such an animal does not go extinct.

I dont want a behemoth of an audi.

An FA30 and FA30DIT ... That's what they need. Replacement for the 3.6 and 400 HP h6 turbo for STI..and Legacy GT, of course, just tune it down to 320 in the Legacy and let Cobb fix that for us.

Your welcome Subaru. Now hurry along and get that done

Not to derail, but it is random thoughts so..... Does anyone leave their Accessport connected all the time and just allow it to eventually time itself out and shut off? I would prefer to just leave it connected all the time but I'll feel better if I hear that others are doing this.