**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still people wanting to get more punch from the H6, I feel it as a duty to redirect them here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rotrex-power-3-0r-68613.html

Thank you for the rotrex info on the 3.0, but we have a raptor kit for the ez36.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4829354&postcount=404

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I might me buying a truck this week.. 2000 for f250 diesel 7.3 liter. 209k miles for 8k. Any thoughts?

209K seems like alot but I've never owned a diesel so i guess i really don't know. I'm looking for something smaller but similar to move my boat around. a turbo diesel V6 would be perfect

Supposedly the 7.3 is one of the best most bulletproof motors around. I've never been a Ford guy.. I wanted a 98 Cummins 5.9 the 12 valve motor. But my buddy is selling his truck for a good price. Plus I know he takes care of his stuff.

I was gonna say a diesel of that size should run forever.

It is all the other stuff around it that will need maintenance.

Good find.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Was it on the roadside, dead?

J/K

...or not :)

Thank God it was not a Pontiac.

Hey GTEASER, all the SWP LGTs are bringing home babies...

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen in this SWP household. I had a little snip-snip done after my second was born and thank goodness the new wife doesn't feel the need for us make another one that's just "ours". We're looking forward to the little ones (which are now pretty much all teenagers) taking flight and having our own empty nest.

I am looking at 16 to life

Got a lifer huh?

It's more like I don't know if I will make it the next 16 years...:lol:

I might me buying a truck this week.. 2000 for f250 diesel 7.3 liter. 209k miles for 8k. Any thoughts?

209K seems like alot but I've never owned a diesel so i guess i really don't know. I'm looking for something smaller but similar to move my boat around. a turbo diesel V6 would be perfect

My buddy lent me his 5.9L 24V Cummins-diesel powered 2003 Dodge HD crew cab long bed pickup to drive out to Cali last fall. On the trip out, at freeway speeds, we averaged ~24mpg overall - a few less in the mountains, but overall, very impressed with 24mpg. On the return leg, we had about 5500-6000 lbs of 7'x14'x9' dual axle trailer and contents. We still averaged again saw less in the mountains and hills, but about 20-21mpg overall. And this truck had 163K on it when we left and 171K on it when we returned it. Never missed a beat, started right up every time and galloped like a new foal, mane back, tail up, and enjoying every minute of it.

The thing had gobs of torque everwhere, and was a ton of fun to drive and haul with. He's selling it and we'll likely pick it up from him. Did the oil change (3 gals) and transmission fluid change before we returned it to him and I looked it over really well underneath, while I had it up on the rack. The truck looks like it just came off the showroom. He regularly tows a 40+ foot, three axle RV trailer that's at least 10K Lbs, if it's a pound and even with that load, he's still getting 16-17mpg overall.

Bottom line, the Cummins 5.9L 12 and 24 valve models are pretty amazing and if you can find one in good shape, that's been well-maintained, and isn't crazy expensive, they're a good buy. And there's some great forums out there as well.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -