**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bronco sold. No regrets on it which is odd. Maybe aparr of growing up and moving forward I guess.

Bit of a backstory....when I was around 22 I alllmossst got married. Was having a custom ring made and just waiting for the "moment" to take place. They say you can't be heart broken but I was. Honestly an emotional mess. Got back on my feet after a few months and took my money for the ring bought a bunch of badass manshit ...cafe racer motorcycle, ar15, some other miscellaneous stuff, and then the bronco. Basically my "middle finger" waving in the air for being denied all the things I wanted, I weny out and bought. All of which I've gotten rid of now after getting the bronco sold today.

My friend with me was like man when he drove off you didnt even turn around to take another look or put your head down. Didn't know what to tell him, never quite had an experience like that before with no emotion towards something I valued so much. My other cars I've sold I had a regret, but today? None whatsoever

Pretty sick...check out his other ones too

Baby Got Back f. Sir Mix-A-Lot & Flula (Auto Tune…:

Flula got mad skills, never saw the Sir Mix-a-lot one that was cool. Funny how you shared that link as I recently explained to my kids how that Nikki Minaj song sampled Sir Mix-a-lot & and of course the line from Platoon.

Edited by Picky1

Not a random thought....a continuous thought at this point....if all goes well my GT's older sibling SS will be keeping her company in the garage tomorrow evening.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/24/67cde0d75e4d7c2ce2360e29af9a2588.jpg

My randon thoughts each and every day: I wish I had a proper manual transmission...thoughts of #2...anticipation of next track day.

Oh yeah...and: Shrek is a decently badass car (especially when I see cars worth 2X or 3X the sticker)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Random thoughts. Hope wheel #4 shows. Hope yesterday's multiple indoor bodily fluid evacuations from hound2 were the last (knock wood). Hope extended family find the place and enjoy their stay here. Hope unofficial new job offer leads to either a new job, or a more defined, desirable position in current role. Hope kid keeps her shit together and gets good grades after a stressful start to the year. Hope tomorrow brings day #8 of daily lunch walks... Holy hell did my shins/calves ache on today's walk after yesterday's beating. Sleep tight.

Here is my random thought/rant for today.

We are selling our house and are supposed to be closing this coming Monday. We had our underground oil tank (abandoned in 1996) removed yesterday. We bought the house in 2010. We were never told about the oil tank until the home inspection that the buyers had done revealed it. Our home inspector obviously sucked and never found anything so we never knew about it and it was never revealed on the deed. When they pulled the tank, they found oil underneath it.......obviously from 18 years ago. The tank was in perfect condition, filled with clean sand and gravel, and didn't show any signs of leaking.

Now, my question is, how is this MY responsibility? I understand that it is my property, but, the abandonment was certified by the town and there were supposedly soil samples taken.

We are now stuck with paying to clean it up, which will cost anywhere from $10,000 to I don't want to even think about it, our buyer may back out, and our new house we're buying, may get canceled.

Selling this house was very stressful, and this just makes it that much more overwhelming, so thank you for letting me vent :)

Galviston county...oh my goodness...cop shoots driver for reaching for his license.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Railkill: If the inspector revealed the existence of the tank before you signed your escrow papers, it is unfortunately your problem.

^would you be surprised if I wasn't surprised? also do you have a link?

Wish I did. It was a news clip from NBC. I saw it on my Roku.

Black guy stops his suv at a gas station and steps out (big mistake). White cop asks for license. Black guy turns his back and grabs his wallet. Cop pulls gun. As black guy turns around the cop shoots him (very very bad).

Railkill: If the inspector revealed the existence of the tank before you signed your escrow papers, it is unfortunately your problem.

When I bought the house, my inspector didn't find any evidence of one. Its the inspector for the current buyers who noticed it. We had no clue it was there. There have been 4 owners of this house since '96 when the tank was abandoned and nobody knew about it.

When I bought the house, my inspector didn't find any evidence of one. Its the inspector for the current buyers who noticed it. We had no clue it was there. There have been 4 owners of this house since '96 when the tank was abandoned and nobody knew about it.

Hate to tell you, but if the tank was abandoned, and the abandonment certified by the city/town, then there was a record of it and adequate research was not done by you or your home inspector prior to your purchase of the home. Sorry to hear this Chris, but unfortunately those things fall under the risks of home ownership. I know it is stressful but this too shall pass.

We dont even have heating oil tanks here in Cali, but many older properties had gas tanks from the 1950's, and they are expensive to remediate.

Hate to tell you, but if the tank was abandoned, and the abandonment certified by the city/town, then there was a record of it and adequate research was not done by you or your home inspector prior to your purchase of the home. Sorry to hear this Chris, but unfortunately those things fall under the risks of home ownership. I know it is stressful but this too shall pass.

We dont even have heating oil tanks here in Cali, but many older properties had gas tanks from the 1950's, and they are expensive to remediate.

I know its my responsibility, it just sucks. Don't mind me, I'm just venting.

The only two people I can't vent to right now are my 4 and 1 year old and while they are good listeners, it kinda stops there. :lol: