**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be useful if you are running catless or no resonator and want to be quiet on the street.

So, you would rarely open it up, or you would blow it at the race track IF they dont have a sound limitation.

I am running a straight through muffler and straight through resonator and pass a 90.9 Db limit. I have no restriction after the cats.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

walked out of my house this morning and a lady has back her VW beetle into my front bumper. I kindly ask her to please pull up because she's touching my car... and she gets mad at me? has the fault of parking accidents changed to the person who owns the car that's already parked? WTF!

I rolled up to a kid with a 15 rex and he was bragging how it was the most powerful wrx to date and the first time a wrx came with a 6speed. Left him 25 feet after the light. Might have blown him eardrums out though... Running full 3" tbe strait pipe catless.

:eek:Damn dude that thing must be insanely loud.... you should post a sound clip:)

Can’t decide if this exhaust is cool or rice…either way it is super expensive:

http://www.xforce.com.au/products/varex-mufflers

I am actually really into these. first saw them on MCM and would just love to have it so i can sneak past coppers without the attention. i love loud exhausts but i must have been pulled over 20+ times for the greddy catback i had on my maxima. which, yes, was quite loud but still perfectly legal. i started carrying the inspection sheet and 50 stated legal claim with me. so I'm trying to avoid that. too bad they are about a zillion dollars once they make it all the way to the US

...because racecar

Why spend money on a house when you can spend it on a car??? Or did I accidentally log into the Martha Stuart Living forum? ;)

Our mortgage is exactly the same $ as we would pay in rent for the same house, but we get several thousand $ credit on our taxes every year.....so I have more $ to spend on the car. Plus, gaining buttloads of equity so when I retire and sell the house and buy an RV to travel, I will have money for a trailer and a racecar to tow behind it. ;)

I'm thinking more from apartment to house as opposed to rented house to owned house. My mortgage is more than double what my rent was never mind utilities/maintenance. Nothing like an unexpected home repair bill to ruin your day...

Our mortgage is exactly the same $ as we would pay in rent for the same house, but we get several thousand $ credit on our taxes every year.....so I have more $ to spend on the car. Plus, gaining buttloads of equity so when I retire and sell the house and buy an RV to travel, I will have money for a trailer and a racecar to tow behind it. ;)

You make it sound easy, bro... But you also bought at the right time, and for the right circumstances.

Your mortgage payment is the same as the rental -- but what do you consider to be the "mortgage"? The lien on the property, or the whole enchilada that includes property taxes, hazard insurance, and (possibly) mortgage insurance? If it's just the lien, then it's an apples to oranges comparison, since all that other stuff adds another 20-30% on top of the lien. If by your "mortgage" you mean the entire payment, that's great!

If you're a buyer and don't have 20% down, *boom* that's another payment in the form of mortgage insurance that you're paying for the privilege of house ownership. And I heard that FHA loans now mandate mortgage insurance for the life of the loan, so there's no longer the "oh I'll get rid of it in five years" like it used to. So unless your home's equity goes up by 20% (and you refinance, adding another $2-3K to the house), you're stuck in PMI land forever. (Well, at least until you sell the house or die. :))

Don't get me wrong -- I love my house, and I think house ownership is awesome -- but it's not nearly the same bag of beans as renting a place for a year or two.

It's the whole enchilada bro!, mortgage, taxes, PMI. I am pissed that the focking FHA changed the rules about the PMI after I bought. I had a plan and the damned goberment focked me on that, so here I am 3 years later still paying $450 a month more than I should be.

And yes, I did time everything perfect with a purchase in late 2011, but believe me, I was a stress case for about 9 months trying to make it happen. I have PMI, which sucks, because my ex-wife bled me for most of my retirement and I couldn't do 20% down, but right now the equity increase is more than 50% more from when I bought and plan to refinance soon to get out from under it.

It's the whole enchilada bro!, mortgage, taxes, PMI. I am pissed that the focking FHA changed the rules about the PMI after I bought. I had a plan and the damned goberment focked me on that, so here I am 3 years later still paying $450 a month more than I should be.

And yes, I did time everything perfect with a purchase in late 2011, but believe me, I was a stress case for about 9 months trying to make it happen. I have PMI, which sucks, because my ex-wife bled me for most of my retirement and I couldn't do 20% down, but right now the equity increase is more than 50% more from when I bought and plan to refinance soon to get out from under it.

Marbelous darling, marbelous. Similar dealie here -- I had to wait six months for the house to come through, but it finally did... and then the market magically shot up. So it worked out very nicely a couple of years ago, but I can't say the same thing if I tried buying today.

Refi as soon as you can. $450/month PMI means you'll pay off your refi costs in roughly 10 months by switching to a conventional loan, and then it's clear sailing from there :)

I'm thinking more from apartment to house as opposed to rented house to owned house. My mortgage is more than double what my rent was never mind utilities/maintenance. Nothing like an unexpected home repair bill to ruin your day...

Both valid points.

Try at least $50,000 in upgrading/fixing before moving in.

$6,000 in pool repairs.

Termites.

Fence.

Yeah...it all adds up. It looks nice on paper when the mortgage statement comes in but it hurts when you have to pay up just to keep up.

I suppose one can let it all go to $hit, but a buyer is gonna take that out of your equity.

I recently spent a few weekends and easily $1000 making my pool inaccessible to my child.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

All of this house buying/selling talk is giving me a headache.

I'm closing on my current house in two weeks and the problem hasn't been the buyer, its the buyers father. He's a Realtor (the first of many problems) who was sweet as pie at the beginning, then started playing games up until today and he's not letting his son have any say in this process. I finally hit my breaking point today with him nit picking the tiniest things. He wants it to be a brand new house. Not happening pal.

I'm mentally drained from this whole thing and I just want it to be over. Unfortunately, we still haven't found a new house yet (which I'm sure will be another adventure) so my wife, two kids and I will be shacking up with my parents. I can't wait :rolleyes:

Oh hell, Chris!! I feel your pain. I was in almost that exact situation a few years ago. No realtor father of the buyer, but a PITA buyers realtor. Also had to deal with the ex trying to get her boyfriend involved by authorizing him to negotiate for her. He was mucking things up with the buyer and my ex wouldnt discuss anything with me. I finally had to put him in his place and tell him to keep out of it. . So stressful.

All of this house buying/selling talk is giving me a headache.

I'm closing on my current house in two weeks and the problem hasn't been the buyer, its the buyers father. He's a Realtor (the first of many problems) who was sweet as pie at the beginning, then started playing games up until today and he's not letting his son have any say in this process. I finally hit my breaking point today with him nit picking the tiniest things. He wants it to be a brand new house. Not happening pal.

I'm mentally drained from this whole thing and I just want it to be over. Unfortunately, we still haven't found a new house yet (which I'm sure will be another adventure) so my wife, two kids and I will be shacking up with my parents. I can't wait :rolleyes:

Report the SOB and your situation to the nearest Realtor association.

And, light a fire under your agent's a$$ who should be doing a better job of taking care of you.

Oh hell, Chris!! I feel your pain. I was in almost that exact situation a few years ago. No realtor father of the buyer, but a PITA buyers realtor. Also had to deal with the ex trying to get her boyfriend involved by authorizing him to negotiate for her. He was mucking things up with the buyer and my ex wouldnt discuss anything with me. I finally had to put him in his place and tell him to keep out of it. . So stressful.

Damn, that sounds like a really messed up situation. I've heard horror stories about buying/selling houses so I probably have it pretty good in my situation compared to others. Its still annoying though.

Report the SOB and your situation to the nearest Realtor association.

And, light a fire under your agent's a$$ who should be doing a better job of taking care of you.

The funny thing is that the father is not representing his son as his Realtor. He lives almost 3 hours away so he hired a local agent that he doesn't even know. She even thinks that he's getting out of hand.

My Realtor is doing everything he can. He's already called the buyers agent a few times to tell her to have the father chill out.

While I agree a house is "usually" a very good investment lets cut the renters some slack as I do enjoy the rent checks when they come in every (hopefully) month. :)

Good luck with the house sales and ya eventually you gotta say I'm done with the nitpicking take it as is or quit wasting my time. Some just keep pushing till you push back.

We're renting for a year, since we just moved here (Oklahoma City). We are actually renting a three bedroom two bath house for the same price as our apartment in SLC. One good thing for us, is my wife was in the National Guard long enough that we'll qualify for a VA loan (no money down and no PMI with a very low rate). We will look to buy next May. Housing is dirt cheap here, compared to what I'm used to seeing. It would be nice to put some roots down somewhere. Feel like I've been a nomad for over 10 years.

When you make a big move like you just did, its very smart to rent for a while. It gives you time to settle in and to get familiar with the area and make a good choice as to the neighborhood you want to purchase in.

We're renting for a year, since we just moved here (Oklahoma City). We are actually renting a three bedroom two bath house for the same price as our apartment in SLC. One good thing for us, is my wife was in the National Guard long enough that we'll qualify for a VA loan (no money down and no PMI with a very low rate). We will look to buy next May. Housing is dirt cheap here, compared to what I'm used to seeing. It would be nice to put some roots down somewhere. Feel like I've been a nomad for over 10 years.

We did something similar moving from IL to MD and rented for a bit. We were in a town home and I was a real estate agent when we decided to buy. My neighbors (literally through the town home wall) approached me and asked if I would list their house for them - I said, how about if we just buy it? So we did. And VA loans FTW! Cute boy did his 4 year stint as a Navy musician and we have taken advantage of the VA loan several times.

For the record, I am no longer an agent because of things like the FIL in the story above. Agents end up getting dumped on when the worst comes out - and it always does in the sale of a home. It can be just awful.

Random thought...how soon will my new springs settle and how low may I set the car without eating my fender liners....

Some people suck. Drove into work today and some dude decided to spit the crap he coughed up out the window and on to the front of my car and windshield. I was in the lane next to him.

That's when you go in front of him and clean your windshield, using more than enough wiper fluid ;)