**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Semi-random thought that is also grounded in this forum. For those who have experience with a short throw shifter and a DAMD steering wheel, what would you prefer to have in your car?

I realize these are two very different components and that the wheel is almost $200 more than the shifter so my goal is not to incite discussion on those aspects. Just from a pure 'driving enhancement' of the vehicle, I'm curious to hear thoughts.

**Shifter**

I would like to have a shifter as well...:rolleyes:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The wheel is nice. But more bang for your buck would be the shifter. Maybe even the 15 wrx short shifter

Yeah, in a sense this is more to satisfy my curiosity than for a purchase decision. I had the 2015 WRX shifter on order about 20 minutes after GTEASER confirmed the fit and had some nice things to say about it!:rolleyes:

Yup 91 ss 5spd. Had it since may @198k now is at 211656 since I just changed the oil today. Drove it to nebraska once, eugene oregon, portland, saltlake city, and north of seattle so shes logged some miles. Average about 28.2 highway and 25-26 combinded. Just set the cruise and roll on. Plenty of torque so it pulls hills pretty good with no downshifting. Back seats fold all the way down so thats a plus so I fit my camping gear and fishing gear in it. All in all its a good little rig. Paid 1900 for it if curious.

92ss.jpg.9c57b9ec080a5c7968287d23ff4b84dc.jpg

He's asking $3500 but that's with a TD04 and FMIC that he was going to put on it. If its in as good of condition as he says, pretty sure I can get it for just under $3k. It's all stock right now and a California car its entire life, so not a spot of rust. First owner was a lady. 5MT and under 150k miles. A few months ago he had a shop do the timing belt, plugs, wires, water pump, thermostat and coolant flush and he has receipts, and service records from the original owner from new to about 80k miles. H&R springs are installed and new, and everything works. We shall see. I go look at it tomorrow.

Thats a lot better condition than mine. Me being the the sales/haggler/barterer/purchaser/buyer etc that I am I pointed out a few things to bring it down some. To be honest id tell him keep the td04 and fmic and that youll be a buyer at 2400 see what he counters with, point out any flaws before an offer so you back up your reasons for your offer. Just because required "maintenance" was done doesmt mean you should have to pay for it also. Be real with the guy and im sure a comfortable pri e for both of you can be negotiated. Anything under 3 sounds completely fair like what you said. Hope you get it!!!

IM AN ENABLER!!!!!!

I'm pretty good at haggling and I always check the car out inside, outside, under, behind and by touching and trying out things as much as I can, BEFORE, I ever mention a dollar amount. I will report back tomorrow after I see it.

Feel free to continue enabling. :lol:

I'm pretty good at haggling and I always check the car out inside, outside, under, behind and by touching and trying out things as much as I can, BEFORE, I ever mention a dollar amount. I will report back tomorrow after I see it.

Feel free to continue enabling. :lol:

Dew it!

That is if you will seriously use it as a commuter.

You will most likely miss driving your LGT and end up parking the old one in the driveway.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Thanks Logan. My Red one is strictly a dd. No money has been put into it except a 40$ amp for a free set of rear deck speakers and small sub for some tunes. As bad as I want to make it the polar opposite of the 5thgen just to have the contrast in styles, the new one is what im dumping the $$$$ towards.

I want to get a lithium battery and save ~25#.

Please enable me.

Do it!!!!

I was going to do it anyway...because been drinking and because racecar.

I like a little drama every now and then :p

Yay, iphone 6 Sept 9 release date and available to purchase around the 19th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incase you want to see what it looks like. Yes it's in Russian, but it has english subtitles.

Like S2 said, apple products just don't do it for me anymore. One thing I hate about them is the battery life. I don't know if it's 100% true or not, will find out on the 9th, but they're only jumping the battery up 500mAh (to 2100mAh) over the 5s (1570mAh). This coupled with a .7" larger screen... no thanks.

5.5" gets a 2910mAh battery: http://www.cultofmac.com/293549/massive-high-capacity-battery-will-power-phablet-iphone-6/

Hell I hated my Galaxy S4's battery life with a 4.9" screen and a 2600mAh battery.

Does the number 6 make it "revolutionary"

Sorry man apple isnt a top5 phone anymore. All the sheep are getting eatin up my lions, tigers, and bears oh my lol

No one knows, guess we will find out soon enough. Supposed to be a better upgrade from previous. I agree on battery life, absolutely blows donkey sac! I got no other issues with apple for now. That could change. What I do know is that when I go to sell an older apple product on eBAy I make out huge every time and pays for all my new shit and maybe this time some new u-bar headlamps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wrxwhit

^that's the only benefit I could see with having an iPhone. I hear the resell value is nuts compared to androids.

The other benefit is being able to fully utilize Harrys Lap Timer...which I can not with android.