new 05 sti crank(non nitride)

built heads:

b25 heads

supertech +1mm intake/exhaust valves

supertech spring kit 82lbs

gsc s2 cams

bowl blend

je headgasket

map 11mm headstuds( old motor failed due to high mileage and i believe i lifted the head at autoclub speedway subiefest 2013)

fluidampr harmonic balancer

fullrace twinscroll kit

headers uppipe and downpipe thermal coated and wrapped.

Borgwarner 8375 .91 a/r coated with prosport turbo blanket

2150cc fic top feed injectors

top feed tgv deletes

outfront motorsports fuel rails with custom phenix industries fittings/hose

magnafuel profuel 625 pump(supports 1500hp gas)

tigwerks surge tank

walbro 255 intake feeding surge tank

custom fmic with intercooler piping

rotated intake manifold

maf delete(running cobb speed density)

dccdpro kit for 6 speed swap

Hes using 2150cc

car build looks sick in the pictures

now record it and let us hear what it sounds like!:icon_chee

thanks! i will have videos posted once its ready for start up. hopefully the next couple weeks. also i will have dyno videos and numbers also

I'm no expert, just asking, are 850cc injectors big enough ?

i was running 850cc injectors on my last setup. those were maxed out.

switched to top feed fuel injector clinic 2150cc injectors

the new: (and practially everything)

built block:

outfront closed deck ej257

manley pistons and turbo tuff i beam rods

king xpg bearings

new 05 sti crank(non nitride)

built heads:

b25 heads

supertech +1mm intake/exhaust valves

supertech spring kit 82lbs

gsc s2 cams

bowl blend

je headgasket

map 11mm headstuds( old motor failed due to high mileage and i believe i lifted the head at autoclub speedway subiefest 2013)

fluidampr harmonic balancer

fullrace twinscroll kit

headers uppipe and downpipe thermal coated and wrapped.

Borgwarner 8375 .91 a/r coated with prosport turbo blanket

2150cc fic top feed injectors

top feed tgv deletes

outfront motorsports fuel rails with custom phenix industries fittings/hose

magnafuel profuel 625 pump(supports 1500hp gas)

tigwerks surge tank

walbro 255 intake feeding surge tank

custom fmic with intercooler piping

rotated intake manifold

maf delete(running cobb speed density)

dccdpro kit for 6 speed swap

Hes using 2150cc

this^^

yeah me too. its been way to long since ive driven this thing.

was suposed to be out and in within a few months but with my buddys back getting messed up in a car accident from some chick rearending him in a bmw, its pushed this back 3-4 months since we could barely move for a while let alone work on cars/fabricate.

motor went in september at autoclub speedway track day. lifted a head i assume. since there was alot of coolant in the exhaust.

pulled the old motor in november and havent driven it since.

new surge tank with phenix industries inline filters and a magnafuel protuner 625 fuel pump.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps75001458.jpg

also pressed out the old bushings for these spec b arms i bought and installed the superpro front control arm bushings and whiteline caster/alk motorsports kit. kca334m

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps0cc23412.jpg

That is a very nice fuel setup:wub:. How did you decide on the Magnafuel pump? What are you using in tank? How noisy do you expect it to be? :lol:

My fuel system has been chopped for the time being. As much as I would like to do it all at once, I really want to get the car on the road. It's going to be awhile so maybe it is still an option:spin:. I would really like to keep it out of the cabin for noise and odor purposes, from what I understand there can be safety issues with mounting the surge tank externally as well.

It's crazy how some one else's actions can effect so many aspects of our life's. Sounds like you and your friend are on the mend now though.

thanks. alot of research into which pump would actual be able to keep up.

weldon is a great pump but not made to run 100% duty all the time so you really need a controller. which is extra money.

was reading up on fuel pumps for high hp v8 guys and a ton use magnafuel pumps. they have a ton of different pumps but the protuner is imho the best configuration.

they have the protuner 525,625, and 750. the 525 is rated at 1000hp on pump i believe. which should still be good enough for my setup, but the 625 is 1500hp rated and not much more.

paid about 430$ for my pump.

weldon pumps are more expensive plus the controller so its a no brainer.

im using a walbro 255 to feed the surge tank, then the magnafuel to feed the motor. overflows back into the surge tank so the tank always stay full.

i expect it to be a pretty noisey pump, especially running 100% duty all the time. but this car is not my daily. its more of a weekend cruise car and gonna be my track car so noise isnt too big of deal. as far as safety, in case of an accident, yes it could potentially cause a problem if a line broke ect. but most people who run surge tanks run them in the trunk and ive never heard of any problem from that. mounting it farther forward protects it more in case of a rear end accident. mounting it in the engine bay, ive seen a few people do, but if you rear end someone, you have that risk also which most mount in the fender well area or closer to the front bumper which imho isnt to smart. but to each his own.

yes, my buddys back is now better, so we are on track to getting this thing running in a few weeks.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/IMG_4952_zps00c47338.jpg

he finished up the trunk portion of the fuel system tonite.

ill be over there tomorrow all day to help get the downpipe and wastegates on, alternator modified for the rotated intake manifold and a ton more.

black fuel lines with black fittings is so clean :D

just a small update. got a ton of work done yesterday. me and my buddy got the whole surgetank/fuel pump setup and the back section of the fuel system all ran and connected. next is the motor portion of the fuel system.

got the new aluminum control arms installed with whiteline motorsports version alk/caster kit kca334m, the superpro poly bushings and roll center kit. along with a few cusco braces, wastegates and downpipe.

also modded and installed the alternator, power steering pump and a/c compressor.

next we have some small wiring lengthening to do, finish up the fuel system and then the fab work(intercooler piping, p/s reservior, coolant overflow ect)

hopefully have this this started in the next 2 weekends. ill post some more pics of progress later this week when i get back over to my buddies to do more work

yeah, we spent about 8-9 hours working on it yesterday. hot as shit out here in cali too. lol

was pretty miserable in his garage, nice breeze outside but was blowing the the oposite direction so no flow in his garage. lol but i cant wait to get this thing running. motors been out since november and with all the money spent, i wanna put it to use. haha

its gonna be a whole new car. new suspension, with the ast 5200 and cusco braces. whole new motor with complete turbo system, new wheels and tires, and once its running i plan to drive down to kognition to have a custom wing made for the spare trunk i have.

since i plan to track this thing. gonna do some aero(front splitter, canards and rear wing) to keep me planted to the ground.

I know looks are deceiving and im too lazy to do research but that turbo doesn't look big enough to put out over 600 whp... im guessing im wrong based on the whole post. Can't wait to see final numbers!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

this turbo is pretty large, larger than a gtx35. still should spool in the low 4000s too. the borgwarner line both airwerks and efr outperform the gt/gtx line by garrett. the gt35r is around 1300-1400. i paid around 850$ for my turbo. oil cooler only and not ball bearing. so cheap to rebuild and very reliable.

this guy made 587/513 at 26 psi on e85. same turbo as me, somewhat the same setup.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2190223

Got ya.. but honestly im not impressed with that guys results in the 1/4 mile... hopefully you are a better driver... I had an Fp Red on my sti making 100 less whp and ran 11.6... he only ran 11.2? I think if you plan on tracking the car and running good times you should build your suspension up differently

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Got ya.. but honestly im not impressed with that guys results in the 1/4 mile... hopefully you are a better driver... I had an Fp Red on my sti making 100 less whp and ran 11.6... he only ran 11.2? I think if you plan on tracking the car and running good times you should build your suspension up differently

Oh and just wanted to mention I spent about 50 grand less then him.. running cobb springs and kumho all season tires on stock rims at about 28psi...

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

if you read his thread itll say he just did the drag twice, he doesnt practice launching ect as he tracks the car, he doesnt normally do drags. he just did it to see what he could do.

no slicks ect. and normally when you have that much power on street tires, you wont produce a faster time because of the grip. but thats besides the point. this thread is about my car and my build reguardless of if he spent 5k more or 50k more. he built it the way he wanted it. i just used his car as a reference as far as what this turbo can make.

back to my thread

also your saying if i plan to track my car(road race not drag) i should switch suspension from ast 5200 to something else???

yeah it should be once its done.

hopefully be up and running in 2 weeks. dyno engine break in and tune that next week hopefully! getting anxious!

new rear 7" hyperco springs 550lb and vorshlag helper springs for the rears.

replacing my 8" springs so they have tension on them at full droop.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps11f67dea.jpg

some more motor shots.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps1996a222.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps47633236.jpg

and the charge piping made by my buddy @ bardabe performance

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsc0c38601.jpg

hes still gotta weld up the throttle body side of the piping, but heres how it looks right now

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsae2b76d1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived