LegacyGT.com

[How-To] Clutch Damper Valve Delete

• 2 weeks later...
I am itching to do this mod I just need time....the union is just gazing at me from the window sill in my bedroom. Lol.

Same here. i don't even know how long I've had the delete sitting on my coffee table, but it hasn't exactly been warm many days since December here. its gonna be a solid 30 here on sunday so maybe I'll bust it out during the "heat wave"

I need to do this also...my wife hates the clutch engagement in this car! She is the one who actually taught me how to drive a stick ha ha ha

Yeah....about that...We're going to have to go ahead and revoke your man card now...

Nothing wrong with having a woman teach you how to drive manual. It would be much worse to be married to a woman that doesn't know (or worse yet, refuses to learn).

Unless she is a bad driver and you dont want your wheels to get damaged.

My Gf wants to learn how to drive my car and i must say I'm a bit nervous about it. with the clutch damper i feel this car is difficult to have nice shifts and I've ALWAYS driven a stick. for someone who's never driven stick before MAYBE the damper will actually help out. but i can see my face cringing as she grinds gears and her crying after i finally lose it and drive us home

My Gf wants to learn how to drive my car and i must say I'm a bit nervous about it. with the clutch damper i feel this car is difficult to have nice shifts and I've ALWAYS driven a stick. for someone who's never driven stick before MAYBE the damper will actually help out. but i can see my face cringing as she grinds gears and her crying after i finally lose it and drive us home

I'm in a similar boat ripstik... my wife has been wanting to learn on my car as well. This is how little she knows about a manual transmission: I explained that grinding the gears could wear out the clutch earlier than expected. She was surprised that the clutch could be worn out at all...

Luckily she got pregnant and I wasn't comfortable with having the baby tossed around like he was on a mechanical bull... but I have only delayed the inevitable. I'll start researching a solid DD clutch soon:lol:

I'll start researching a solid DD clutch soon:lol:

speaking of researching clutches, mine is starting to be bit stinky. idk if its because of all the ridiculously cold weather we've been having but i have a sneaking suspicion that my aggressive driving style coupled with a clutch that is lagging behind my foot is starting to take its toll on the clutch. it doesn't slip while in gear at all. but after crawling up a 4 mile extremely steep access road that is bolton valley behind a line of traffic i was not happy with the smell when i stepped out of the car.

I smoked the clutch in my '95 Saturn SL2 with 4 adults in the car waiting in traffic going UP Lombard Street, waiting to go DOWN Lombard Street (world's crookedest street) in SF back in 1998. When I say smoked, I mean billowing out from under the car. That was at 40k miles. It lasted until 110k miles and I was not easy on that car.

At the end of the day it's just a car and any missteps while teaching your significant other to drive are just good solid justifications for upgrades. My wife did pretty good when she took my car out the first time and since she was learning and was on and off the clutch a lot the damper was very noticeable. I highly recommend the delete so the feel is consistent. Makes learning much easier.

At the end of the day it's just a car and any missteps while teaching your significant other to drive are just good solid justifications for upgrades. My wife did pretty good when she took my car out the first time and since she was learning and was on and off the clutch a lot the damper was very noticeable. I highly recommend the delete so the feel is consistent. Makes learning much easier.

That's how I explained the CDV delete part when it got into her hands before I could stash it :lol: