LegacyGT.com

anzo headlights

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe they are HID projectors.

Why do you think that? That kinda pisses me off if they aren't.

I emailed them to ask if they were and they said they are H7's made my Anzo, but didn't state weather they were HID projectors vs regular halogen projectors.

I emailed them back again for clarification.

If they aren't, HID projectors we'd be better off just doing a retrofit.

I bought mine form Auto Parts Warehouse and if you look at the specifications, it indicates the light source is 'halogen' and the assembly also came with the halogen bulbs installed.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Anzo/Headlight/A1R111285.html?intcmpid=Product%20Listings%20Clearance

I bought mine form Auto Parts Warehouse and if you look at the specifications, it indicates the light source is 'halogen' and the assembly also came with the halogen bulbs installed.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Anzo/Headlight/A1R111285.html?intcmpid=Product%20Listings%20Clearance

Those are the regular halogen ones yes. have you seen these?

http://www.protuninglab.com/hidxe20suoul.html

These are "HID" "xenon" just trying to find out of these are actual HID projectors. Also, they are a lot less than what you paid.

Those are the regular halogen ones yes. have you seen these?

http://www.protuninglab.com/hidxe20suoul.html

These are "HID" "xenon" just trying to find out of these are actual HID projectors. Also, they are a lot less than what you paid.

Nope, I hadn't come across those. Maybe these would have HID projectors then. FWIW, I didn't pay what they are currently selling at. Came across a pretty decent deal about a year ago and snagged them for a bit under $500.

Yes, my lights are HID. They came with ballasts and they are HID bulbs. Although they do seem like fairly generic brands I believe the housing are a bit different to accommodate the HIDs. My right light is lightly flickering and I only notice it when the car is not moving and I watch the light output. I might just bring these to a pro to have them adjusted and looked at. I plan on upgrading to better quality sets in the future tho.

449544237_2015-04-0923_01_19.thumb.jpg.a776379d0fabdf528a3e7a1b8558c824.jpg

I dont understand what you guys are complaining about. First off, TRUE quality HID retro fits cost about the same as these headlight housings.....What are you expecting for $500? Second, I honestly do not care...the output is a lot better compared to the output before....stock halogens are absolute crap, I had to have my fog lights on all the time in iffy situations. Now I only turn them on when I feel like it.

***Edit: Ok so I looked into Halogen projectors vs true HID-specific projectors and I guess I enriched myself with some useful knowledge about glare from improper HID plug and play applications. It can be a serious road hazard. But I do feel as though mine arent that bad (refer to my pictures in previous page)...I will keep reading up on it and posting updates if possible. But so far I have found a legacy-specific retrofit application (isnt life just easy sometimes when you actually do some research) which is pricey but the way to go. I will look into the adaptability of this retrofit in the Anzo's.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread has been quiet for almost 2 years, but I couldn't find anywhere else these headlights are being discussed for the Legacy/Outback.

First, I want to mention that I am talking about the $700ish Anzo headlight assemblies, not the $400ish knockoffs that come with an el-cheapo HID kit.

These headlights are described as having H7 halogen projectors (low beams) but I discovered something I would feel guilty in not sharing. I have some genuine D2S bulbs from an old custom headlight project I did, and I found that they PERFECTLY fit the H7 projectors in the Anzo headlights. The bulb bases look very different but all the tabs and spaces are in the right place and I didn't have to force anything. The real miracle was when I flipped them on. The beam pattern is fantastic! 80% of the output is focused directly below/at the cutoff line, so these will give wonderful distance coverage with no foreground glare.

An extra bonus is that the bottom of these assemblies have a removable panel with a perfect space for the ballast (the compartment is about 25mm deep and generous with the other dimensions). It really seems like these Anzos were made for professional HID's; I don't know why they are not marketed as such.

This has been a truly amazing experience for me and I can't wait to install them in my Outback this Saturday!

I'm happy to post pics of the beam pattern and bulb fitment / bulb base comparison for any skeptics.

Will do! I am so pumped but I'm waiting for some new (slightly slimmer) ballasts to come in and waiting for a warm day. I expect it to take me a few expletive-filled hours to get the grill/bumper off and remove the old assemblies. These things never seem to go smoothly for me. I should probably buy some extra push-clips as it's almost guaranteed I will break a few.

I know this thread has been quiet for almost 2 years, but I couldn't find anywhere else these headlights are being discussed for the Legacy/Outback.

First, I want to mention that I am talking about the $700ish Anzo headlight assemblies, not the $400ish knockoffs that come with an el-cheapo HID kit.

These headlights are described as having H7 halogen projectors (low beams) but I discovered something I would feel guilty in not sharing. I have some genuine D2S bulbs from an old custom headlight project I did, and I found that they PERFECTLY fit the H7 projectors in the Anzo headlights. The bulb bases look very different but all the tabs and spaces are in the right place and I didn't have to force anything. The real miracle was when I flipped them on. The beam pattern is fantastic! 80% of the output is focused directly below/at the cutoff line, so these will give wonderful distance coverage with no foreground glare.

An extra bonus is that the bottom of these assemblies have a removable panel with a perfect space for the ballast (the compartment is about 25mm deep and generous with the other dimensions). It really seems like these Anzos were made for professional HID's; I don't know why they are not marketed as such.

This has been a truly amazing experience for me and I can't wait to install them in my Outback this Saturday!

I'm happy to post pics of the beam pattern and bulb fitment / bulb base comparison for any skeptics.

Yeah dude definitely post pictures! I wanna see how the HID's look because I currently have the stock headlight assembly with LED's but I ordered the LED u-bars headlight from Amazon.com which the link is this one " https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O83MPPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" which in fact they're the exact same ones from "http://www.protuninglab.com/20suouleduli.html" If you look at the manufacturing number, they're the same. I decided to order from Amazon because I bought it with credit and i had a gift card so much cheaper! I'm excited! should be getting them next week so I will too be posting pictures of them with LED bulbs though. But yeah now I'm curious about those HID's because they look so much better and I like how it has that slight tint of blue for the 6k at least.

Oh! if you want to buy new push clips I recommend getting aftermarket as well because they're better, don't break as often as the oem ones and they're so much easier to get out. here's the link to them. https://www.amazon.com/AFA-Pcs-Subaru-Clips-90914-0007/dp/B00ZIS9AW8/ref=pd_sim_263_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00ZIS9AW8&pd_rd_r=QTX6QCYMQ3J21AHH6WYS&pd_rd_w=Pbn0R&pd_rd_wg=wYs6o&psc=1&refRID=QTX6QCYMQ3J21AHH6WYS

lzlegacy12, the links you posted (Amazon & protuninglab) seem to be the cheaper knockoffs not made by Anzo. Maybe they are identical, maybe not; I can't confirm. I'd like to think the genuine ones I spent a few hundred more on would be superior :iam:

Thanks for the recommendation on the clips - those are the exact ones I bought!

Will have pictures up this weekend - if not Saturday night then definitely sometime Sunday.

Yeah dude definitely post pictures! I wanna see how the HID's look because I currently have the stock headlight assembly with LED's but I ordered the LED u-bars headlight from Amazon.com which the link is this one " https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O83MPPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" which in fact they're the exact same ones from "http://www.protuninglab.com/20suouleduli.html" If you look at the manufacturing number, they're the same. I decided to order from Amazon because I bought it with credit and i had a gift card so much cheaper! I'm excited! should be getting them next week so I will too be posting pictures of them with LED bulbs though. But yeah now I'm curious about those HID's because they look so much better and I like how it has that slight tint of blue for the 6k at least.

I've never understood going through all the trouble of upgrading to HIDs to only end up putting lower output bulbs in them just to have a 'cool' color.

I've never understood going through all the trouble of upgrading to HIDs to only end up putting lower output bulbs in them just to have a 'cool' color.

I have 6000K but with 50w ballasts, which gets me back down to 5000K or maybe 5500K.

I like the higher wattage ballasts because I get much quicker warm-up time than when I use 35w.

They're actually not knock off ones. They are different brands. but Like i said i will be posting pictures of the ones that i get too and will be informing the community of these because i havent seen anybody with the CG ones that I bought.

I don't know much about the CrystalEye model but I would be very surprised if the projectors are actually designed for HID. However they do claim to include an electric leveling motor, which is even more surprising. If anyone purchases these, I would be interested to know more about them.

At only $485 though, it raises a lot of red flags about quality, accuracy of their claims, etc.

Edited by quipstad

I have CrystalEyes. Front and rear.

And yes, they do have auto leveling - works perfectly. HID stock ballasts go into precisely the same compartment as on the stock HID headlights. Basically you move the ballasts over and off you go laughing, plug'n'play.

No issues with the quality either. Any more red flags? :D