LegacyGT.com

anzo headlights

I have CrystalEyes. Front and rear.

And yes, they do have auto leveling - works perfectly. HID stock ballasts go into precisely the same compartment as on the stock HID headlights. Basically you move the ballasts over and off you go laughing, plug'n'play.

No issues with the quality either. Any more red flags? :D

Where did you get the Crystal Eyes from? Any pics of your install by chance and how they look on your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get the Crystal Eyes from? Any pics of your install by chance and how they look on your car?

Ex Japan.

They're JDM/RHD only as far as I know.

32549701664_3ba5534d17_b.jpg

NB: true colour is white, not pinkish, white balance is a bit off/chromatic aberrations

32509208362_9cd7e69cfb_b.jpg

32379632540_167096a9b4_b.jpg

31916742264_5c283190ef_b.jpg

31774695235_44e52bbdcf_b.jpg

33009655260_d10a68920f_b.jpg

Ex Japan.

They're JDM/RHD only as far as I know.

32549701664_3ba5534d17_b.jpg

NB: true colour is white, not pinkish, white balance is a bit off/chromatic aberrations

32509208362_9cd7e69cfb_b.jpg

32379632540_167096a9b4_b.jpg

31916742264_5c283190ef_b.jpg

31774695235_44e52bbdcf_b.jpg

33009655260_d10a68920f_b.jpg

Man your car looks good. Guessing 18" wheels on there.

Are those the projectors and surrounds that come installed with the headlights?

I know you can swap something to turn RHD halogen headlights to LHD but I wonder if there is a way to do it with projector housings. Thanks for the pics man.

Also what roof box is that?

Man your car looks good. Guessing 18" wheels on there.

Are those the projectors and surrounds that come installed with the headlights?

I know you can swap something to turn RHD halogen headlights to LHD but I wonder if there is a way to do it with projector housings. Thanks for the pics man.

Also what roof box is that?

They come as you see them - do not have to install/modify anything (apart from transferring the ballasts over).

It's possible to modify RHD to LHD, not super easy though see here for example. Have to modify cutoff curtain/plate.

Silver box is Thule Spirit 1600 and the black one is Hapro Carver 6.5

lzlegacy12, the links you posted (Amazon & protuninglab) seem to be the cheaper knockoffs not made by Anzo. Maybe they are identical, maybe not; I can't confirm. I'd like to think the genuine ones I spent a few hundred more on would be superior :iam:

Thanks for the recommendation on the clips - those are the exact ones I bought!

Will have pictures up this weekend - if not Saturday night then definitely sometime Sunday.

If they are Eagle Eyes then they are the exact same lights as the Anzo.

I have the Crystal Eyes as some call them and they are LHD. I had to rewire them to fit USDM plugs and make my own harness for the leveling system. Love them!

Your lights were the one I remember seeing posts about. You got them on ebay correct? I wonder if they would be compatible the d2s bulb as well and if its the same lens as anzos.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So first of all on the picture it shows the hinges on the top of the headlights and when I got it, it didn't come on there so it was lose on from the top. Next thing, there was a ballast that was needed to be removed in order to get the headlights in, no biggy there. Also I was able to get the left hand side (drivers side) in but the right side (passengers side) did not want to go in because the dust cover cap of the high beams were obstructing the metal bar of the frame itself. That being said, I tried pushing them in so that they would close in order for me to put the screws back in but it just didn't work. I didn't want to force them especially because the u-bars were not DRL. It was plug and play but like I said the right side was not fitting nor the u-bars were DRL.

Are the Anzo's the same? Or are those u-bars actually DRL? Please let me know thanks!

What did the U Bar's function as? I would of figured the U bars would be wired to the FPL since they would always be on even when the headlights are on. If they were wired to the DRL then they would turn off when the headlights are on and you would lose the whole effect of the u bar. Edited by jojorios

So are you suggesting not having them on automatic? Maybe that'll do it but what about the hinges that go bolt on around where the fender goes? Cuz it doesn't have it and also the right side(passenger's side) doesn't want to go in completely because a piece of the headlight assembly gets in the way of the metal frame of the car

Not sure what you mean. When you connected it, did the U bars go on? If they are wired to the FPL, they should go on once you put the key in the ignition i believe or on the first click of the key. If so then that's how I would think they should be working.

Not sure about the hinges. Are you sure they didn't break off? They are very easy to break. As for the dust cover, measure it against your OEM dust cover. Maybe the ones it came with are not OEM like and bigger? Just taking a guess at that. There should still be enough clearance when the light is bolted on for the dust cover to come off, if you wanted to let's say change your bulb from underneath the bumper.

Okay first of all what is the FPL? & no i don't think the hinges broke off but I'm not home right now but once I get back I'll see if I can see in the box if they're in there or if there's a package that comes with them but I'll take a picture and show you what I'm talking about as far as the installation goes. It's not the low beam dust cover that interferes, it's the high beam dust cover that does and even after taking the cap off it didn't want to go in

I have these on my legacy GT, I had to run a switch position wire from the fuse panel around the dash and around the engine bay so that my U bars would essentially be my DRLs. Otherwise, they are only on with the headlights. It's not fun hacking into a brand-new part, but we all know what effect we want these to be!

So the u bars on these are originally wired to only go on with the headlights?

I take back what I said about the FPL going on with the key in the ignition. I forgot I had wired my halos to a fuse, not the FPL lights.

Edited by jojorios
FPL Update

okay lets forget about the u-bars for a moment because I won't be able to savor the headlights since the right side won't go in. I'll be posting pictures here in a moment. Plus the hinges did not come in the box at all so there's another problem there too

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-4_1jGbk8M_ZFFVbmhEczJ1eV9qUW9ULUVyTHBoSzdKUWN3/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-4_1jGbk8M_RXAwSHF0ajdfczc1Q3YyZGFodGlobklfdXU4/view?usp=sharing

see how there's no hinges but theres an area where it looks like it might go to the hinges. Also the high beam dust cap which is the smaller one gets in the way of the frame so it won't go in completely

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-4_1jGbk8M_ZFFVbmhEczJ1eV9qUW9ULUVyTHBoSzdKUWN3/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-4_1jGbk8M_RXAwSHF0ajdfczc1Q3YyZGFodGlobklfdXU4/view?usp=sharing

see how there's no hinges but theres an area where it looks like it might go to the hinges. Also the high beam dust cap which is the smaller one gets in the way of the frame so it won't go in completely

do you mean mounting tabs? I've attached a picture for what I am referring to. Tabs circled in red.

s-l1600.jpg.00f6ce1b8ade216c3276006ddce04da8.jpg

what do you guys think? should I order another pair of these from the same company or order the Anzo ones which are gonna be more expensive but they're the same thing. Like I mentioned I reached out to the company and they said it was a manufacturing defect and that they hadn't had that problem with those headlights before. I need feedback please