LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely never locked the brakes but I felt ABS pulsing a few times. My vibration was there in between sessions too, like on my first lap out for each session and then went away. Most people wouldn't have even noticed it, I am just hypersensative to those things.

ABS - too frequently in the beginning. Had to learn how to brake hard without ABS - it came on super easy.

When my caliper almost fell off only had about half a lap of cool down.

Mine didn't start until the last session. But it was bad, my arms were vibrating because of it.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Damn, I knew I should have looked for the regional forum for future meets... Same time next year? I should have my new set of wheels/tires by that time. ...Nice pictures at the track!

Damn, I knew I should have looked for the regional forum for future meets... Same time next year? I should have my new set of wheels/tires by that time. ...Nice pictures at the track!

Speaking of wheels/tires - any suggestions on what to think about for a 2nd set of wheels/tires for the track or autox, etc? Just get another set of stock wheels cheap? Spend big $$ and get stronger/lighter wheels?

Not looking for "serious" stuff, just something to avoid trashing my brand new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's.. What's a good track/auto-x tire?

Speaking of wheels/tires - any suggestions on what to think about for a 2nd set of wheels/tires for the track or autox, etc? Just get another set of stock wheels cheap? Spend big $$ and get stronger/lighter wheels?

Not looking for "serious" stuff, just something to avoid trashing my brand new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's.. What's a good track/auto-x tire?

I haven't been to the track or auto cross so I'm sure someone who does this more regularly can give you some advice or tire/wheel setups. Try looking in the tire/wheel forums as well.

I'm going to get a light wheel with summer tire set up and have my stockers with all terrain tires for the few snow trips to Tahoe. Thinking between the matte grey TSW Nurburgring or OZ Ultraleggera for wheels. Most likely going with a 17" to keep the car feeling light on its feet with my 2.5i and not set in a tire yet.

For a second set of wheels and tires in 17", I would do rpf1 17x9 +45 with either Nitto Nt01 or Toyo R888 in a 275/40/17. However, this does require fender work and it wont clear oem struts.

Those wheels can accomodate 255 tires and it will clear oem struts but I dont know if either of the two tires are available in those sizes. I had 255/45/17 with the 17x9 +45 and cleared the struts but still needed minor fender work. If you want to avoid any fender work stick with 245 but use a track ready compond that dot street legal.

I ran falken azanis 615k's and they were really good. I would have gone for the nitto or toyo but they have a 100 utqg rating while the falkens have a 200 rating.

If you have to go with 245...get an 18x8 wheel at a +45 and you wint need to modify fenders. A +40 may still work...not sure.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I ran Hankook RS3's that day. I'm super impressed, I dare say they're the stickiest tires I've run compared to the usual Bridgestone RE-01's, Advan Neova AD07's, Nitto NT05's, and Dunlop Star Spec's.

I got them cuz they're on clearance on tirerack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=345WR8Z222140&tab=Sizes

Speaking of more track days, who would be interested in Laguna around Thanksgiving? They usually have a crazy deal in November ($200 for one day or $350 for 2 days).

For a second set of wheels and tires in 17", I would do rpf1 17x9 +45 with either Nitto Nt01 or Toyo R888 in a 275/40/17. However, this does require fender work and it wont clear oem struts.

Those wheels can accomodate 255 tires and it will clear oem struts but I dont know if either of the two tires are available in those sizes. I had 255/45/17 with the 17x9 +45 and cleared the struts but still needed minor fender work. If you want to avoid any fender work stick with 245 but use a track ready compond that dot street legal.

I ran falken azanis 615k's and they were really good. I would have gone for the nitto or toyo but they have a 100 utqg rating while the falkens have a 200 rating.

If you have to go with 245...get an 18x8 wheel at a +45 and you wint need to modify fenders. A +40 may still work...not sure.

He has a 4th gen and our fender wells are pretty small. Anything bigger than an 8 inch wide wheel with 235's you start looking at fender rolling/pulling with some camber to get it to clear.

I ran Hankook RS3's that day. I'm super impressed, I dare say they're the stickiest tires I've run compared to the usual Bridgestone RE-01's, Advan Neova AD07's, Nitto NT05's, and Dunlop Star Spec's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=345WR8Z222140&tab=Sizes

Speaking of more track days, who would be interested in Laguna around Thanksgiving? They usually have a crazy deal in November ($200 for one day or $350 for 2 days).

I could possibly be interested... it'd be my 3 time at that track this year and 2nd day driving.:lol:

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

^^^ suggestion was more for hellagt. He has a 5th gen and running my old koni/rce setup.

Tire flex becomes a factor with 17" unless it is slightly stretched. Re760's for example had a hard time but the falkens are pretty solid.

Running 245/45/17 on 8" allowed some tire roll but going 18x8 with a 245 would net a slightly stiffer sidewall for same tire.

That said, I just checked tire rack and found both dunlop zII and yokohama a048 in a 245/45/17. You can run those all year except for going to tahoe.

Hellagt...you may be able to just either tire on a 17x8 +45 to +40. That gives you several wheel choices. I would be curious how stretched they would be on a 17x9.

Or... I could just pick this up and call it a day. Or a decade rather... I'd be set with that car "as is" for a very long time. Even go through the life of the power/drive train and replace it when it comes time... haha maybe. Spec B is the king of all Legacies models found in the US though.

Thanks Fred. In regards to fender rub, if I go with an 18x8 w/45 offset wheel will the tire need to be 245/40/18 or stick with 245/45/18 with the koni/RCE set up?

Or... I could just pick this up and call it a day. Or a decade rather... I'd be set with that car "as is" for a very long time. Even go through the life of the power/drive train and replace it when it comes time... haha maybe. Spec B is the king of all Legacies models found in the US though.

Thanks Fred. In regards to fender rub, if I go with an 18x8 w/45 offset wheel will the tire need to be 245/40/18 or stick with 245/45/18 with the koni/RCE set up?

Get the spec.B and trade trunks with me!

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

IMO Legacy's are the kings of the Subaru lineup and therefore the Spec B is king of Subarus...Spec B over STI any day...

pm'd

There is a July 19 and July 20 event. Anyone up for that? Or will it be too hot to drive?

Archived