LegacyGT.com

2014 Norcal LGT meet | track day

wpmarky

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it out, but my impreza started its transmission transplant and I didn't have the time to drive out to hang out. I would be interested to read what some of the first timers thought and write about how their perspective may have changed after the track day from before the track day.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also a big thanks to Nick, Ken, JASE aka F1inspiredlgt (sorry if that's not

Ftfy. Credit where credit is due. :) I am Joe, with the 5th gen. I know what you mean about all the new names, hard to keep track of.

I would have helped out too but probably would have been in the way since I know nothing about 4th Gen FMIC installs.

I put together a very amateurish production of my vids.

I couldn't overlay all the lap times with video. I was able to at least overlay my fastest lap with video.

First part is my first session...look for silver porsche turbo (6:00), a ferrari 430 (12:00) and maybe a few more.

Second part is my 2:12:49 lap which is not blisteringly fast and about 12 seconds longer than someone did in a completely stock FRS a while back.

GTEASER, I didn't upload the vid where we are stuck behind the Cayman S for three laps. However, I'm behind you for the first lap of this video and then pull in to the pits before going back out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME72M5wXFrs&list=PLB6QaE3f4CAsLNyNiwxm78oA1UmqYbTuB&index=4

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I put together a very amateurish production of my vids.

I couldn't overlay all the lap times with video. I was able to at least overlay my fastest lap with video.

First part is my first session...look for silver porsche turbo (6:00), a ferrari 430 (12:00) and maybe a few more.

Second part is my 2:12:49 lap which is not blisteringly fast and about 12 seconds longer than someone did in a completely stock FRS a while back.

GTEASER, I didn't upload the vid where we are stuck behind the Cayman S for three laps. However, I'm behind you for the first lap of this video and then pull in to the pits before going back out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME72M5wXFrs&list=PLB6QaE3f4CAsLNyNiwxm78oA1UmqYbTuB&index=4

That's Shrek?!?!?! Sounds mean!

Went through my GoPro videos. Fastest lap time was 2:18 which I got a couple times in the last run session of the day.

What's interesting is that in my second lap of the first session I hit 2:19. However, most of those laps were at 2:23.

The heat at the end of the day was killing my car's performance and my continental DWS grip I think. It was just getting sluggish and hot. Still 5 seconds isn't bad.

I wish I could have stayed for the third session. Wife was locked out of the house through the garage entrance and my mom had the key to the front door that was latched.

It was either go home or call a locksmith, etc.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Went through my GoPro videos. Fastest lap time was 2:18 which I got a couple times in the last run session of the day.

What's interesting is that in my second lap of the first session I hit 2:19. However, most of those laps were at 2:23.

The heat at the end of the day was killing my car's performance and my continental DWS grip I think. It was just getting sluggish and hot. Still 5 seconds isn't bad.

How are your tires now that the day is over? What tire pressures did you end up with?

How are your tires now that the day is over? What tire pressures did you end up with?

Chunky and I was getting front end vibration around 70-80 mph on my drive back. I am going to rotate them and see if it goes away.

I honestly didn't do a good job of monitoring my tire pressure / temps. Just inflated them to 35f 34r and assumed they would get hot enough to keep me off the sidewalls. I think they basically did that.

Edit: Pictures

Front

http://i.imgur.com/cs6UdrV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HOAN1JR.jpg

Rear

http://i.imgur.com/DACa0gS.jpg

My tires started out the morning at 35 all around. After sessions they were 41.

Mack, I have some rubber clag build up from the track stuck in my spokes and in the inner barrel of the wheel that I think is causing me some slight vibrations. Check to see if you have the same before you rotate them.

Check for rubber on your rotors too.

35psi is a bit high for a starting temp, I was starting at 32 and ending up at 40. Looking at your pics your wear didn't look anywhere near the sidewalls

Glad it all worked out! Good thing that fog light housing didn't get the WHOLE scissor treatment.

I had a good time & it was nice to meet all of you!. Thanks Mark for putting this meet/track together also a big thanks to Nick, Ken, Joe aka F1inspiredlgt (sorry if that's not your name. I not not good with names) & everyone else that laid a hand with the helping installing my fmic. I know it was a real big pain in the ass without instruction & took most of the day to do but it came out really good & I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Ohh Nick, I found out why it the pipe on the driver side kept hitting. The curve pipe was suppose to go under instead of around & the curved coupler was suppose to be on the intercooler but it is good the way it is now with no issues so far. Today I went to go buy a dremel to trim the front bumper cuz it was really hard for me to trim it with a hand saw. Thanks again guys for the install I really appreciate it!!. Here are some pics of the install. For some reason I can only post one pic. Can someone tell me how to put more than one pic?

Mark, I'm in for the BBQ! I also didn't get to talk to everyone that was there. :(

Also if anyone interested in a Perrin tmic let me know I have one for sale.

[ATTACH]184310[/ATTACH]

My tires started out the morning at 35 all around. After sessions they were 41.

Mac, I have some rubber clag build up from the track stuck in my spokes and in the inner barrel of the wheel that I think is causing me some slight vibrations. Check to see if you have the same before you rotate them.

Checked them yesterday. Didn't see a lot of rubber around the hub or stuck to my spokes. Replaced my rear brake pads and rotated my wheels.

Checked today (went up to 90ish) the vibration seems to be gone now.

My vibration is gone too (although it was very slight, almost unnoticeable) and I haven't cleaned the clag off my wheels. I wonder if the tires just got a lot hotter on track than they do during daily driving and maybe flat spotted when parked after the session. And then not enough heat was put back into them to un-flat spot them until a few days of driving was done.

Archived