LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

im going up 2 more psi I think I will need to be prepared with an upgraded fuel pump has anyone tested the waters on this and know which pump will bolt in?

Ejection seat is mandatory...good luck!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some 'blast from the past' (circa 2008 and 2014 update) inspiration for all of our H6 brethren... ItalianLegacy I'm looking mainly at you boy!

Then again, who am I fooling? You don't need any further inspiration.

The beast is coming along very nicely.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437246

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20928237&postcount=22

H6WRXinShop5.thumb.jpg.f65b7387f7a0ba87fe41c8387f609453.jpg

H6WRXinShop4.thumb.jpg.7a2aefe71140575061e25d1c0b66ef88.jpg

H6WRXinShop2.thumb.jpg.0d090a67f1eb5d2f09ce27425e1a4575.jpg

Some 'blast from the past' (circa 2008 and 2014 update) inspiration for all of our H6 brethren... ItalianLegacy I'm looking mainly at you boy!

Then again, who am I fooling? You don't need any further inspiration.

The beast is coming along very nicely.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437246

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20928237&postcount=22

I wish I could get a better intake manifold with a larger TB...wish!!!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Just imagine if there was a 3" inlet direct bolt on DBW throttle body... ;)

If you had a better intake manifold with a larger TB is in the works, I would send a deposit right now!

Yikes!!! Do I even dare? Will it hold up to constant beating around the track?

Okay, okay, slow down Fredrik. Headers and a tune next year, try to lighten up that Piggy a little, and call it a day!

Edit: Okay, mmmmmaybe you can look into a lowered final drive ratio.

Second Edit: off-topic. I checked my oil today (3,000 miles), and I haven't lost a single drop. I will be changing at 5,000 miles. I will let you guys know then.

Edited by fredrik94087

The EZ30 and the EZ36 are very similar and the EZ30D from the early 2000 model H6 has an aluminum intake manifold. If one of those can be picked from a junker there is a high possibility it'll fit. Then you could possibly get them port matched; EZ30D manifold and the EZ36 throttle body.

If you had a better intake manifold with a larger TB is in the works, I would send a deposit right now!
Edited by nadracer

The EZ30 and the EZ36 are very similar and the EZ30D from the early 2000 model H6 has an aluminum intake manifold. If one of those can be picked from a junker there is a high possibility it'll fit. Then you could possibly get them port matched; EZ30D manifold and the EZ36 throttle body.

Thanks but in the end I'd want a larger TB.

Highly doubtful that I would find one easily, but I will keep an eye out.

I fear it may need to be extrude honed just to match the size of the plastic one we have now. I cant imagine it having larger runners mated to a smaller engine. And the heat is another factor.

I would love a manifold TB combo made for the 3.6.

Raptor Superchargers for Subaru's

10 hours ago ·

With some kind of finality - the Ez30 and EZ36 headers will arrive in Aust on Dec 22, however we arent sure we will get them until the first week of Jan

Will keep everyone posted

So a little delay but that's cool I'll be a little more financially ready then.

The tranny bolts right up supposedly. PnP, sans the 5EAT wiring harness and TCU disable.

Go back a page for a link to NASIOC EZ36D swaps into previous-gen STIs. They used 6MTs and turbo'ed the H6s.

AMR has done a good bunch of these swaps too, for DD and race/auto-x customers.

Anybody know if a 6 speed swap has been done on a 3.6r yet?

Don't get me started!!!

As Perscitus said, it does bolt up. New Zealand has a 2.5GT with a 5EAT.

A=B (6-speed // 2.5GT), B=C (2.5GT // 5EAT), so A=C (6-speed swaps with 5EAT)

Don't get me started!!!

As Perscitus said, it does bolt up. New Zealand has a 2.5GT with a 5EAT.

A=B (6-speed // 2.5GT), B=C (2.5GT // 5EAT), so A=C (6-speed swaps with 5EAT)

E-tuning a guy in Australia with a 2010 LGT with the 5eat. Tuned him last year (stage 1) is now going stage 2. Many more parameters to play with in ECUFlash versus the usdm 3.6R, aside from the turbo related parameters.

E-tuning a guy in Australia with a 2010 LGT with the 5eat. Tuned him last year (stage 1) is now going stage 2. Many more parameters to play with in ECUFlash versus the usdm 3.6R, aside from the turbo related parameters.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. How much btq or wtq did it put down at Stage 1? Will be great to know what the 5EAT here sees as he goes Stage 2 too.

Ok so im really wanting to hear the power plant we have under our hoods. Buuut i definitely dont want to listen to a drone for 30k miles a year.

So does anyone know of any ABE that can be had for a healthy exhaust note?

If i have to get raptor headers then you gotta do what you gotta do i suppose.

If you're thinking ABE, pickup something from Nameless Performance or perhaps Magnaflow/Borla mufflers.

You shouldn't introduce any excess drone with an ABE alone. You'd need to change the mid-pipe/y-pipe or other components to do that on the 3.6R, especially in terms of ID and overall length.

But, in case the ABE proves too much at certain RPMs (especially those loved by the EZ36D+5EAT combo), then either add a Vibrant resonator upstream (as far up as you can) or consider a helmholtz resonator j-pipe (see Fredrik's build). Both will mellow things down a good order of dBs.

PS - If ARK ever offered an ABE for the 3.6R, I'd vote ARK GRIP hands down...

Raptor - SS Headers be ready for shipping in 2 weeks to any 3.6 owner wanting them

Merry Xmas to all

If I dood it, I get a whoopin'.

I really want a set for next track season. Sponsor?

It will be after April.

• 4 weeks later...