LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's exactly how simple It Is ☺

yes

Thanks. So, other than leaking oil, there was no other damage done other than to the seal and pulley, correct? Would it make sense to just monitor it and wait for leaks instead of just swapping out everything now? I check my oil level at least twice a month, so I can just add that to my routine.

I will likely remove it and do a visual inspection - if its not bad or I just see faint grooves, then I will likely keep it on. Potentially use the new seal while at it.

The Infiniti/Nissan forums suggest that once it starts, the oil leak is significant ~1qt/week. The accessory/serpentine belt 'helps' to distribute it and bathe the engine bay.

In all fairness, just one of us has experienced this so far.

More of us will chime in and keep you guys posted.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Would the introduction of boost cause an increase of crank case pressure leading to a leak? I'm not the most informed when it comes to turbos and superchargers. If my memory serves Italian just recently upped his boost a little and possibly saw the limit to boost that our engine can take.

Stevens comment had to do with the introduction of boost...not added boost.

I was wondering that too, but suppose for a moment that my car with no boost revs up in 2nd gear as Italians with boost in 3rd. That rush of revolutions building up is identical and shouldnt be a factor.

If we compare apples to apples...3rd to 3rd, then you can argue the engine sees a faster build of rpms in each gear because it makes more power. This would wear things out a bit more quickly, but I dont know if it is enough.

It could be a combination of things or it could be just the fact that aluminum should not interface with the seal.

I doubt that everyone with this issue on the infiniti forum was boosted.

I will have a look under the car this weekend.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I tried my hardest to get the pulley off but that bolt isn't moving. I see no oil leaks and i don't see any reason to risk breaking something just to see if i have a problem. Also i looked at my old pulley and i see the same marks that are on Italians prs pulley. I know the seals are good and I'm sure the wear marks are there on the prs pulley but unless you guys find something I'm not touching it. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/8cdaffe383d2093fd086c9ffa5ddb61c.jpg

Perscitus, please give me a link to your post with the headers and dyno.

I want to add it to the first page. I can find it on Google cached page but there is no post number on it, so I can't link it.

I am seriously considering doing this sooner than later. I am also contemplating supercharger, but I'm trying really hard not to.

Thanks!

Perscitus, please give me a link to your post with the headers and dyno.

I want to add it to the first page. I can find it on Google cached page but there is no post number on it, so I can't link it.

I am seriously considering doing this sooner than later. I am also contemplating supercharger, but I'm trying really hard not to.

Thanks!

Do a Rear-Mount Twin-Turbo setup! go big or go home right?

it can be called the "Suparu"

Thanks, Perscitus. I did a quick and dirty update on the first page.

I ordered the TB...I am highly doubtful, but we shall see if we can make it work.

If not, I'll sell it.

Wish me luck. It is going to be a long and slow process.

I thought of the same thing but to send to stigmeier(sp).

Cheers!

Purchased! I called the seller and it looks like the donor car was a 2013 Legacy 3.6R with less than 1K miles on the ODO before being totaled. I also got a reply back from MaxBore:

Hello. I can work on your TB. The total for the TB work as you want it done is $144. TB port/polish, new larger butterfly valve, shaft machining (flush with new butterfly) and a custom/resized gasket. The plenum work is if you want to remove the intake manifold and have the plenum opening machined as well, but that's not really needed in your case. No spacer work either since you don't have one.

Here are some pics of TBs he's done, including some old WRXs:

http://www.maxbore.com/pictures.html

Funny, I also asked them about the plenum when I called on Monday.

I may, ahem, need a used TB from you, Perscitus.

The oem pulley will show the same lines except the difference is the strength of the metal, so no grooves on oem. The aftermarket pulleys will need to be steel sleeved. I brought up the issue with infamous on the 2.5gt pulleys and he said the metal they use is CNC machined 6061 T6 aluminum, so he stated they wouldn't need to be sleeved. I would check with the maker of the 3.6 pulley and see what they say.

The oem pulley will show the same lines except the difference is the strength of the metal, so no grooves on oem. The aftermarket pulleys will need to be steel sleeved. I brought up the issue with infamous on the 2.5gt pulleys and he said the metal they use is CNC machined 6061 T6 aluminum, so he stated they wouldn't need to be sleeved. I would check with the maker of the 3.6 pulley and see what they say.

According to their website, the PRS pulleys are made of Duralumin.