LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all:

The purpose of this thread is to list mods for the 3.6R that do not overlap with mods that are available for the 2.5GT and the 2.5i. However, I will list Brakes at the bottom as there seems to be some interest.

This first post will be updated based on new posts/feedback from other members.

SPARK PLUG GAP FOR 3.6R

.039-.043"

I know that you said that this list is only for 3.6R mods but are there any mods like this available for the 2.5i such as an Ecutek tune ?

Contact Rob at AMR and see what he can do. Also, you can check wih McDowell as he is starting opensource tuning.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I know that you said that this list is only for 3.6R mods but are there any mods like this available for the 2.5i such as an Ecutek tune ?

Xtremeracingtuning, AKA west-minist, does open source tuning and he does amazing work. You just need a tactrix cable. Plus he's very affordable. He's a perfectionist tweaking every little detail. I've gotten over 20 different roms from him and he's helped me find problems that I didn't even know that I had like a exhaust manifold gasket leak.

Edited by stevenc1703

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 2 weeks later...
New data logging setup. I think this is the winner. I used an oqo model 02 with Windows 7 hooked up to my tactrix cable. It fits well in front of the shifter. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/14/8edfa1fd48868dba410e1b0954967b70.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/14/18951ecb3320b716ebaf80689710bace.jpg

Didn't you need a special tool to freeze the crank pully bolt?

I like it. There is no power gain BUT the engine does climb up and down the RPM range easier and faster.

Relatively easy to install, should take no more than 30 minutes.

Best on a cold engine.

I believe the price was somewhere around $200-240 shipped.

I'm looking into the raptor headers too, they are on a 2 month backorder so it's gonna be a little while before I can get any but I'm thinking about doing high flow cats and maybe just replacing all the piping back to the borla cbe. Will our car throw a code switching to a high flow and does anybody know of a good high flow cat with 2 bung holes for o2 sensors? Also what size is the header pipe OD?

I'm looking into the raptor headers too, they are on a 2 month backorder so it's gonna be a little while before I can get any but I'm thinking about doing high flow cats and maybe just replacing all the piping back to the borla cbe. Will our car throw a code switching to a high flow and does anybody know of a good high flow cat with 2 bung holes for o2 sensors? Also what size is the header pipe OD?

Just shy of year 2000, there is no longer a thing called a high-flow cat (at least in California).

You may purchase an aftermarket cat. I'd suggest a metallic cat rather than ceramic. Ceramic cats may become brittle and end up in chunks clogging your exhaust (personal experience).

For all exhaust measurements, go here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2013-legacy-3-6r-intake-and-exhaust-dyno-not-tuned-218192.html?p=4671757#post4671757

Raptor headers, custom header-back exhaust (still using stock cats but with 2.5/3.0" ID piping throughout) installed and tuned.

Thanks to AutoMaster Fabrication for the design, welding and bolt-up.

Thanks to AMR Performance for the tune.

Pics and videos uploading.

Gains? Approx. 40HP and 100ft-lbf over stock.

That is great news for those of us staying NA ( which at the moment is everyone except the italian...forget about it ).

I was hoping not to spend any more on the car until next year.

Great work!

Raptor headers, custom header-back exhaust (still using stock cats but with 2.5/3.0" ID piping throughout) installed and tuned.

100 ft lb?!?! http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/18/01d168fab58a502780f6913794e44632.jpg

Just for comparisons, with just the Takeda intake (including aFe filter), HKS funnel and no tune, I pulled 180whp & 219ft/lbs of torque which I was told was pretty close to stock.

I bet your doing small burnouts now lol. 0-60 down to about 4 seconds? I was worried about upsetting the wife by getting these but seeing your results who cares, if I have to get divorced so be it.

Are the headers 2 1/2"? I'm looking into getting cats.

Edited by stevenc1703