LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

^^^Now for an e-tune from Rob and done! (unless you have not done exhaust yet)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference in performance?

I got ~ 9whp and ~8wtq with the supplied AFE intake and keeping the HKS funnel (no tune on 91 octane)

My best gains were with straight pipe and 9" AEM filter...11whp/11wtq (no tune on 91 octane)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4787507&postcount=28

Edited by fredrik94087

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

It "feels" like there is a gain. You can definitely hear the difference on WOT.

Not sure about the exhaust yet. I have hearing loss and don't want to make it worse or hurt my kids hearing. Getting decibel readings from each exhaust is difficult. I know the borla is out.

It "feels" like there is a gain. You can definitely hear the difference on WOT.

Not sure about the exhaust yet. I have hearing loss and don't want to make it worse or hurt my kids hearing. Getting decibel readings from each exhaust is difficult. I know the borla is out.

I need to get a new db reading since I removed the resonator. I found out the exhaust was resting on the body if the car causing excessive noise. It's actually quieter now without the resonator since its not touching the frame.

I need to get a new db reading since I removed the resonator. I found out the exhaust was resting on the body if the car causing excessive noise. It's actually quieter now without the resonator since its not touching the frame.

That would be great!

I'm getting 102db at wot and 96 cruising at 45mph ill try to check at 80mph but im thinking it's even quieter at 80, my car is tuned to be at 2600 rpms at 80mph and that seems to be a no drone frequency.

Here is what you sent earlier...

Per request, borla cbe with vibrance resonator and kart boy hangers decibel readings.

At startup: 95db

At cruising 97db

At wide open throttle: 105db

At idle after warm up: 89db

So it doesn't look far off having the resonator removed. sigh. Thank you for the info. I was really hoping that would really quiet the exhaust down but we all know anything above 85bd will cause hearing loss.

^^^Now for an e-tune from Rob and done! (unless you have not done exhaust yet)

Definitely but I gotta find an exhaust that won't be loud. I've driven a heavily modified car for 6+ years. I'm done with the loud exhaust. I like how quiet the Legacy is.

Definitely but I gotta find an exhaust that won't be loud. I've driven a heavily modified car for 6+ years. I'm done with the loud exhaust. I like how quiet the Legacy is.

May I interest you in a single out custom exhaust setup? ;) I pass the Laguna Seca 90db limit.

Dyno proven gain and lighter than dual, just doesnt look as good as a dual setup.

Edited by fredrik94087

Nice! My MAF readings off of Torque (converted to cfm) show a supposed peak @ ~1700cfm (802g/sec). WoT/100% load, 55-75mph.

Typically in the 400-800-1000 cfm ranges (189-378-472g/sec).

MAF (and a few other related sensor read-outs) have been re-scaled with the most recent Ecutek tune, post intake install. Could this be skewing the readings?

If your turbo'ed EZ36D is pumping 420g/sec, then there is no way my NA motor is reaching 472g/sec, let alone 802g/sec.

I've been told that maf readings Will be very close to actual hp numbers. Rom raider seems to be very accurate in readings, torque not so much. Even the greddy informeter I just got has some readings that aren't accurate. You could get a cheap vagcom cable on eBay and log with a laptop and romraider. I could send you a log to compare with and see which torque readings are probably accurate and which are not if your interested. Edited by stevenc1703

Nice! My MAF readings off of Torque (converted to cfm) show a supposed peak @ ~1700cfm (802g/sec). WoT/100% load, 55-75mph.

Typically in the 400-800-1000 cfm ranges (189-378-472g/sec).

MAF (and a few other related sensor read-outs) have been re-scaled with the most recent Ecutek tune, post intake install. Could this be skewing the readings?

If your turbo'ed EZ36D is pumping 420g/sec, then there is no way my NA motor is reaching 472g/sec, let alone 802g/sec.

I think I misunderstand the ecutek tune, do you actually get physical hardware that connects to your car to keep? I thought it was a tune using the module but you didn't keep it. Does the module give you live readings like the cobb access port? If you can log using the ecutek you should connect your laptop and your phone via a obd splitter and compare results to see what is accurate and what is not to narrow down a good list for other torque users.

No, you got it stevenc1703. With Ecutek you have a few options:

a. local tuner tune - no hardware needed, pay for license+tune/dyno time only (use tuners Ecutek suite and cable, dyno tune from scratch or using a base tune with same/similar mods as... base)

b. e-tune - hardware optional, pay for license + e-tunes, potentially cables unless you can use and send back (buy or 'borrow' the ecutek cables to dump the stock rom, flash/re-flash e-tune revisions)

c. tuning suite kit - hardware and software, pay for license + cables, Ecutek software, RaceROM, tuning suite (grants access to DB of many base maps across a few makes, RaceRom where applicable, allows for customer tunes)

Personally I've gone with a, both with Visconti and now AMR. I don't have any hardware, cable or kits and never had to pay for them. I only paid for the license and the dyno tune sessions. Subsequent re-tunes are usually much cheaper (typically within the price range of a dyno pull session).

The screenshots above are from Torque Pro, just reading the generic (non-Subaru ISO) OBD II PIDs. I'm logging this data using OBDLink MX and phone.

Edited by Perscitus

No, you got it stevenc1703. With Ecutek you have a few options:

a. local tuner tune - no hardware needed, pay for license+tune/dyno time only (use tuners Ecutek suite and cable, dyno tune from scratch or using a base tune with same/similar mods as... base)

b. e-tune - hardware optional, pay for license + e-tunes, potentially cables unless you can use and send back (buy or 'borrow' the ecutek cables to dump the stock rom, flash/re-flash e-tune revisions)

c. tuning suite kit - hardware and software, pay for license + cables, Ecutek software, RaceROM, tuning suite (grants access to DB of many base maps across a few makes, RaceRom where applicable, allows for customer tunes)

Personally I've gone with b, both with Visconti and now AMR. I don't have any hardware, cable or kits and never had to pay for them. I only paid for the license and the dyno tune sessions. Subsequent re-tunes are usually much cheaper (typically within the price range of a dyno pull session).

The screenshots above are from Torque Pro, just reading the generic (non-Subaru ISO) OBD II PIDs. I'm logging this data using OBDLink MX and phone.

I've read that a vagcom cable will work with romraider. You could try that if you wanted to know which readings are correct with torque.

How much is a ecutek cable?

I've read that a vagcom cable will work with romraider. You could try that if you wanted to know which readings are correct with torque.

How much is a ecutek cable?

Its possible yes, nstg8r and McDowell would likely know for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the MAF readings are 'incorrect' (unscaled) in raw form as the sensor itself sees the airflow.

But the rest of the sensor outputs I usually look at should be correct: ambient, intake, coolant temps, short/long term fuel trims, wide-band voltages, regular o2 voltages, timing advance.

Do you know if Subaru extended PIDs are supported?
Supposedly yes - although they are not sent using the same protocol as the vanilla OBDII ISO 512 baud stream.

The only issue is no one has or is willing to share the details needed to configure them.

Edited by Perscitus