LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Ecutek tuned by AMR

PS - Latest update from Rob is that he's found and decoded a whole bunch of new tables in our ROMs, including some that directly and indirectly affect the TCM.

He's sent them over to Ecutek Dev HQ in the UK, asking them again that they define them for us and add to RaceRom features for us. With RaceRom support he would also be able to re-scale IATs, MAPs, etc for us, give up map switching, and potentially some form of launch control.

The quest to control the 5EAT better was inspired by watching your Laguna Seca runs Fredrik. Rob watched them over and over again and he knows he could get the transmission to play nicer when we need it most.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ecutek tuned by AMR

PS - Latest update from Rob is that he's found and decoded a whole bunch of new tables in our ROMs, including some that directly and indirectly affect the TCM.

He's sent them over to Ecutek Dev HQ in the UK, asking them again that they define them for us and add to RaceRom features for us. With RaceRom support he would also be able to re-scale IATs, MAPs, etc for us, give up map switching, and potentially some form of launch control.

The quest to control the 5EAT better was inspired by watching your Laguna Seca runs Fredrik. Rob watched them over and over again and he knows he could get the transmission to play nicer when we need it most.

Next time you talk to him, ask him if he got anything back from EcuTek on the '12 ROM image.

Ecutek tuned by AMR

Hehehe...I'm glad I am not the only one watching them.

Have him look at my sonoma raceway runs and hear that darn beeping over and over again as I try to downshift.

I am seriously contemplating swapping my front and rear diffs for ones from a tribeca. That will net me 16% lower gearing...3.58 final versus 3.08 in legacy. I cant get enough speed in third gear on straightaways.

I hope he has a solution before my next track day september 27th (registration is not yet open). I would much rather have my tcm programmed and have a run at it before I get $3000+ into lowered gears. Better yet...lowered gears and quick shifts....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Hehehe...I'm glad I am not the only one watching them.

Have him look at my sonoma raceway runs and hear that darn beeping over and over again as I try to downshift.

I am seriously contemplating swapping my front and rear diffs for ones from a tribeca. That will net me 16% lower gearing...3.58 final versus 3.08 in legacy. I cant get enough speed in third gear on straightaways.

I hope he has a solution before my next track day september 27th (registration is not yet open). I would much rather have my tcm programmed and have a run at it before I get $3000+ into lowered gears. Better yet...lowered gears and quick shifts....

Using open source tuning, the shifting has drastically improved, you should see really good results when ecutek implements the changes. You might not even need the gear swap. Imho the better shifting alone will get our cars significantly better times in a 1/4 mile let alone a good tune on aftermarket parts.

Edited by stevenc1703

Logged ~30 min trip back home yesterday afternoon.

Ambient temp was ~ 88F, humid and cloudy.

Mostly city driving, some short stretches of parkway. Medium to heavy traffic.

MAF/IAT cleaning seems to have helped sensor sensitivity, but still seeing relatively warm air passing through the intake tract.

At least its warmer than I'd expect.

On average, the temperature difference between ambient and intake for the whole trip was 21.4F.

Giving us an average intake air charge temperature of 109F on a 89F day.

Lowest reading was 95F and it typically managed to come down to <100F above 55mph.

Highest reading this time came in at 130-132F.

Mostly before warm start for this run. I guess that's reasonable.

I hope I can get the average temp diff to come down by about 10F with the reflective wrap.

And more importantly, help the IAT stay closer to ambient more consistently.

Side note - Under WoT, full load and about 3.3-3.5K RPM, I'm seeing MAF rates of 875-950cfm!

The highest I've seen was 1,200-1,300cfm, different days/logs.

Capture1.JPG.a37f6c3f726cab8f43f9966a89634b03.JPG

Edited by Perscitus

Logged ~30 min trip back home yesterday afternoon.

Ambient temp was ~ 88F, humid and cloudy.

Mostly city driving, some short stretches of parkway. Medium to heavy traffic.

MAF/IAT cleaning seems to have helped sensor sensitivity, but still seeing relatively warm air passing through the intake tract.

At least its warmer than I'd expect.

On average, the temperature difference between ambient and intake for the whole trip was 21.4F.

Giving us an average intake air charge temperature of 109F on a 89F day.

Lowest reading was 95F and it typically managed to come down to <100F above 55mph.

Highest reading this time came in at 130-132F.

Mostly before warm start for this run. I guess that's reasonable.

I hope I can get the average temp diff to come down by about 10F with the reflective wrap.

And more importantly, help the IAT stay closer to ambient more consistently.

Side note - Under WoT, full load and about 3.3-3.5K RPM, I'm seeing MAF rates of 875-950cfm!

The highest I've seen was 1,200-1,300cfm, different days/logs.

I was checking mine today during a 30 minute drive and the highest my IAT went up to was ~140°F while sitting at a red light. It dropped back down to <100° one I started driving.

Thanks Rob, sounds like we're seeing the same readings.

How quickly did it drop south of 100F and at what speed?

If you were able to stay below 100F on a day like today (or tomorrow) doing 20mph or at part throttle 40-50mph cruising, then that's different from what I'm seeing from my IAT.

Thanks Rob, sounds like we're seeing the same readings.

How quickly did it drop south of 100F and at what speed?

If you were able to stay below 100F on a day like today (or tomorrow) doing 20mph or at part throttle 40-50mph cruising, then that's different from what I'm seeing from my IAT.

Where I live, I rarely have to drive below 30mph, usually average between 35-45, so IAT drops pretty quickly. It likes to hang around at or just below 100°, but I'm not driving in the city like you. A lot more trees and fresh air up here.

Raptor Supercharged Subaru Legacy 3.6R:

Add to your build list please...I have your build list referenced on the first page.

Damn you for trying to entice me with a supercharger...don't you see I want to stay NA?!?!?! :lol:

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Raptor Supercharged Subaru Legacy 3.6R:

http://i.imgur.com/MIj6o.gif

WANT! :D Damn lucky... now ECS needs to make a complete kit to sell :D

Edited by Tidal

GT Hood TMIC going for test fit friday morning.

Yes!!!

Now you can get that carbon fiber hood for the GT!!!!