LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

...I had put a bottle of seafoam through the intake and a bottle of chevron tecron through the tank then I changed the oil and instant noticed a performance improvement and knocking completely stopped.

I just did the Seafoam thing with Perscitus and I use Techron at every oil change. After the Seafoam, my knock has actually gone up a bit so I've switched to 89 octane gas which has helped, maybe it's time to change the plugs too? I'm at ~53K miles.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did the Seafoam thing with Perscitus and I use Techron at every oil change. After the Seafoam, my knock has actually gone up a bit so I've switched to 89 octane gas which has helped, maybe it's time to change the plugs too? I'm at ~53K miles.

Is that your first plug change? If so yes do it.

Which can did you use? Did you make it?

Mishimoto (un-baffled version). I stuffed it with stainless steel to act as a filter. It doesn't catch much, though. I'll empty it again when I hit 5K miles since last oil change and post pics of the results.

Will be back in SLC next week and will tune ncfree's 3.6R. Doing a road open source tune, via Tactrix cable and ECUFlash/RomRaider. Will do logs before to get some base info and pulls to base gains. I've been meaning to more aggressively push 3.6R tuning, but have just been too busy. If you plan on, or are wanting an OS tune, stayed tuned for results. This will be on 91 at about 4500ft, so the impact on power is much more significant, compared to sea level. I know he's trying to get an upgraded intake as well, to replace the drop in filter. Also running q300. Nate, if I missed anything, let me know :)

Just how excited I am!!! Also the afe/Takeda intake will be here Monday.

Hks funnel ordered as well! But does not have a tracking number yet. I'll keep you updated. Said wed-thurs at the latest.

Will be back in SLC next week and will tune ncfree's 3.6R. Doing a road open source tune, via Tactrix cable and ECUFlash/RomRaider. Will do logs before to get some base info and pulls to base gains. I've been meaning to more aggressively push 3.6R tuning, but have just been too busy. If you plan on, or are wanting an OS tune, stayed tuned for results. This will be on 91 at about 4500ft, so the impact on power is much more significant, compared to sea level. I know he's trying to get an upgraded intake as well, to replace the drop in filter. Also running q300. Nate, if I missed anything, let me know :)

That is friggin' awesome. A vendor stepped up for open source!

If you figure out the shifting issue WRT slow shifts, upshifting unintentiinally, and not being able to downshift until lower gear revs are 5500, I am VERY intersted!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I plan on showing and inform Logan on the up shift and lower gear revs, but what are the wrt slow shifts???

Some guy here was claiming his tuner improved the shifting on his car. That the tuner actually modified some parameters wrt (with regard to) slow shifts.

If Logan can remove the auto-shift while in manual mode, even if he can not raise the lower gear rpm for downshift, that will be a huge win!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Some guy here was claiming his tuner improved the shifting on his car. That the tuner actually modified some parameters wrt (with regard to) slow shifts.

If Logan can remove the auto-shift while in manual mode, even if he can not raise the lower gear rpm for downshift, that will be a huge win!

Yea xrt did it for me and it's night and day different. The possibility is defiantly there with open source.

For sure!!!

Sorry. Internet lingo mumbo jumbo throws me.

Intake talk (and I'm not gonna put it in the intake thread because the intention of that thread was to keep the OEM intake)

I wrapped less than half of my intake with the thermo tec. I ordered two more rolls.

I also drilled holes in the honeycomb on both driver's side and passengers side. Not gonna use a funnel and tube. It is pretty much a straight shot to my filter. Will upload pictures this weekend.

Side note. Thanks for the write ups and organization of the first entry on this thread!! It made choosing and getting my intake/funnel a piece of cake with part numbers and all. Nice work Fred!

Appreciated.

I rely on you and everyone else to make sure that first page is correct and up to date.

I am sure there are a handful of items that need to be added/edited.

You guys are welcome to pm me with requests.

Cheers!

Okay, so now that all my rotors, pads and brake lines are in, who's gonna help me install them? :rolleyes:

Lemme guess...he drives a 3.6R.

Which roll did you get, 1.5"x15'? That's what I used and went through three rolls. Should have got the 2"x50' roll.

In hindsight, I would buy a roll of good duct tape (not duck tape), and a good roll of silver tape. This would be quite adequate insulation if I wanted to emulate the therma-tec roll.

And, I would not try to wrap it around. Rather, I would do it in long strips.

I did notice that therma-tec sells an intake specific shielding. It laces onto a 2.5" to 3.5" tube.

Also I was having heavy knock of up to -7 at 80mph and 2800rpms on the highway, probably due to the dirty oil and engine I had but we were able to change the engine speed to 2600rpms at 80mph so that adjustability is there too.

Edited by stevenc1703

Also I was having heavy knock of up to -7 at 80mph and 2800rpms on the highway, probably due to the dirty oil and engine I had but we were able to change the engine speed to 2600rpms at 80mph so that adjustability is there too.

You adjusted for the knock not RPMs...unless youbhave a CVT we didnt know about.

Steven/Fredrik - are you guys talking about actual knock (events) or timing advance being pulled AS A RESULT of knock?

Steven - when you mention something like '-7' that sounds like timing advance being pulled into the negative (timing retardation (lol) of 7 degrees).

This can be a result of bad tank of fuel, or an aggressive tune vs operating conditions (combo of: temps/air flow/fuel quality, target AFRs, fuel trims).

For example, our cars will default to pull about 1-2 degrees of timing for every 5-10F above 100F IAT.

They will also pull timing much more with a tune targeting 93 octane fuel, and a tank of 87.

+

Usually not an issue, especially if timing advance stays 'in the positive'. Ideally while cruising on the highway it should be +30 to +40.

At idle or low RPM, somewhere between +10 and +15.

Edited by Perscitus