LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is interesting and efficient indeed. Am i understanding correctly that charged air is ~85-95f ?

No

The air charge temp will be a bit warmer than that for sure, however at 4psi the temp rise is low :)

For this application - 8psi, would bring in water meth or IC after that

Exceptions

Depending also climate at customer location. People in far north of Russia run higher boost non IC, no problem at all as the ambient is SUPER cold most of the year.

:) it is common misconception :) there are very few places where it is cold all around a year. Even in far north in Russia. In summer time you can easily see 35C there. Do not ask me how i know :)

Assuming that rest of the world isn't that far north, i believe that ~8 psi intercooler can be considered. Does Raptor use standard coolant and radiator for it's own cooling?

Is is external or internal pump for coolant circulation?

That is also true it heats up for just a few weeks then steadily back to the ice chest

The Raptor charger uses it's own coolant supply, it's own radiator and own pump and own hoses and own reservoir

Pump is 12v electric - rated life 5000 hrs ++

No words from Italian Legacy here, whats he up to?

Moar power I presume....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

worked all day beat a modified 370z and then off with the wife to buy my sons first bed!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Is this the kind of Nissan you worked over?

2011 Nissan 370Z 0-60 mph 4.6 Quarter Mile 13.0

Sometime things take time. I have been waiting for months on 2x Supercharged Russian customers, 1x Turbocharged for months (starting in July) and a few more.

Hopefully soon, we can see the results and the customer responses.

Tim you need to send one my way :)

added Perscitus' LWCP to first page.

Once Italian has a build list, I can link it to the first page.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Thanks Fredrik!

I'm very impressed with what 'PleasureRacing' included in the package.

They send an OEM-replacement crank bolt, crank bolt cover washer along with the pulley.

Built quality is great, weight and balance are perfect too.

BTW, you might want to add this link too - it details the item:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4813376&postcount=281

Thanks Fredrik!

I'm very impressed with what 'PleasureRacing' included in the package.

They send an OEM-replacement crank bolt, crank bolt cover washer along with the pulley.

Built quality is great, weight and balance are perfect too.

BTW, you might want to add this link too - it details the item:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4813376&postcount=281

Done!

Thanks for the link.

Folks, please remember that the first page is only as bad as I can make it and only as good as the info you give me.

Cheers!

Ashamed to say I've lost my UR LWCP somewhere (can't find it since Sep/Oct last year).

Received a classic face-palm reply from UR when I told them earlier this year.

So... to redeem myself, I decided to search the interwebz a bit today for something similar....

Behold!!! A true EZ36D LWCP from Japan, complete with a lighter crank bolt cover, matching OEM!

http://www.prs.jp/products/detail_S138.html

Google translate tells me:

"Lightweight aluminum crank pulley to be installed easily, improve the response. Shaving super duralumin + in anodized finish, performance has become higher, dress-up effect of course"

* weight / genuine: 1562g (3.44 lb.) / PRS: 696g (1.53 lb.)

That's only 45% of the original weight

Granted URs design was super light @ just 0.75 lb. but just a prototype without the four bolt guides like the proper H6 unit here!!!!

Would've been nice though at just 21% of original weight.

* Support vehicles

Subaru Legacy BM / BR EZ engine equipped vehicles

Subaru Legacy BL / BP EZ engine equipped vehicles

* Reference wage (aim) 5,400 ???

*Part Number: S138

* 21,384 yen price (tax excluded price: 19,800 yen)

$210 ($194 without tax)

I have already sent them an email asking for a sample, test order.

Plus if all goes well, a GB price.

Any answer on GB?

Yep, they are willing to do a GB for us but I'm tired of coordinating them :)

so if someone wants to step in and run with this I will share the info (contact email and chain offline).

GB will net us a better price (likely <$200 including shipping) and if we get over 20 orders I think they can do multiple colors too (silver, black, blue, red).

As far as I can tell - not on the 3.6.

No elastomer rubber insert is present on the stock pulley.

However, there is a full section of some type of elastomer that forms a slap almost exactly the diameter and thickness of the OEM ribbed section and makes the OEM piece almost twice as thick as the LWCP. Design-wise it doesn't look like it would play any vibrational damper role.

I have it in the trunk so I'll snap some front/back photos when I get a chance.

I'm familiar with the concept of harmonic balancers and various vibration issues/solutions on I/V/VR/W configuration 2-8 cylinder engines. From what I've been able to gather an H4 and even more so the H6 does not need a harmonic balancer integrated into the crank pulley.

There is even a post or two floating out there (this or the Outback forum) with confirmation from a Subaru engineer that no harmonic balancers are present or needed on the recent engines.

To me, with or without, any harmonics and unbalance issues on an H6 will not be as destructive as they can be on non-boxer non-horizontally opposed 3 or 4 cylinder engines.

Edited by Perscitus

There is even a post or two floating out there (this or the Outback forum) with confirmation from a Subaru engineer that no harmonic balancers are present or needed on the recent engines.

If I recall, I think that was posted somewhere on the failed group buy thread.