LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we had those types of meets here in Barbados.

I wish we had them in the Silly Valley. The heart of technology in the US can't seem to be home to tuners nor vendors...just home to a bunch of high tech folks who come over on a work visa, drive up home prices, don't know some common on-road courtesy, and chew with their mouths open.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I wish we had those types of meets here in Barbados.

I wish we had beautiful, clear water surrounding where we live... oh wait! We have the Sound!

Seriously though, there really should be more events and locations for stuff like this.

hopefully numbers and graphs tomorrow! ran fine for WBM just gotta fine tune the new map sensor!
How do you like it? Noise/whine-levels @ cruise and under acceleration and WOT; powha levels (especially mid-range torque and peak horzepowha).

Car looks great and the color-matched lip works perfect on CWB.

I wish we had beautiful, clear water surrounding where we live... oh wait! We have the Sound!

Seriously though, there really should be more events and locations for stuff like this.

Lol. Its nice. I prefer the East Coast. Bathsheba. Check it out.

hopefully numbers and graphs tomorrow! ran fine for WBM just gotta fine tune the new map sensor!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Where are they? I'm so anxious. It's like telling a kid they get to go to the zoo tomorrow and never mentioning it again.

Contacted Garage One in Mountain View WRT a 6mt swap for my 3.6R.

reeg420 found some useful initial information as far as the 5eat being used in the 4th getn 2.5lgt as well as the tribeca 3.6.

Going on the "dreaming" assumption that they will bolt up, I wanted to know if it could be done.

They have done a 2004 forester auto to a manual swap.

We would need a wiring harness and computer...so a 2012 may do, but my motor is a 3.6 not a 2.5 turbo. Next question was possibility of a standalone computer. It may work, but it would not be smog legal.

There was something about the ABS and a few other under the hood components that would need to be swapped.

He patiently spoke with me in a 15-20 minute conversation.

He didn't say NO, but I will need to do some more investigating.

Not sure where to go from here.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Woah. Just what I was afraid of.

Getting electronics to work. Pcm must be getting alot of info from a tcm on the 5eat.

Did read about a specB 3.0 6 speed on an Aussie site. Not sure if it was brought to the US.

Still a wiring mess though. Makes me giddy and want to see pinouts. Love wiring.

Woah. Just what I was afraid of.

Getting electronics to work. Pcm must be getting alot of info from a tcm on the 5eat.

Did read about a specB 3.0 6 speed on an Aussie site. Not sure if it was brought to the US.

Still a wiring mess though. Makes me giddy and want to see pinouts. Love wiring.

I e-mailed Rob at AMR to see if he has any insight as I have heard of a 3.6R swap into an STI. Not sure what tranny was being used.

6MT 3.6R would be dreamy. The 5EAT is the main thing that limits me to liking my OB instead of loving it. Although the ideal trans in this car would probably be a dual clutch auto.

6MT 3.6R would be dreamy. The 5EAT is the main thing that limits me to liking my OB instead of loving it. Although the ideal trans in this car would probably be a dual clutch auto.

Yeah, that's one of the few things I regret about the car. But the 5EAT is also by no means the worst automatic transmission I've ever had in a car.

Yeah, that's one of the few things I regret about the car. But the 5EAT is also by no means the worst automatic transmission I've ever had in a car.

Yep. Worst for me was 1978 chevy chevette 3 speed.

If the 5speed auto could stay in gear and downshift at slightly higher rpm I wouldnt mind it.

It shifts too slow, the TC is rubbery and likes to hunt around too much and mine likes to slam into 1st gear when slowing to a stop from time to time which really pisses me off.

Yep. Worst for me was 1978 chevy chevette 3 speed.

If the 5speed auto could stay in gear and downshift at slightly higher rpm I wouldnt mind it.

Well for example it's better than the Subaru 4 speed automatic that I had in my Impreza wagon. It's better than the Mini Cooper CVT and the CVT in the 2.5i. It's definitely better than the auto in my dad's CTS as far as being willing to actually down shift when it needs to. And the paddles are pretty useful, two pulls when you're going around 45 and you're in 2nd and about to to be slammed into your seat by the 3.6-rocket and will be going 70 in a few seconds.

What annoys me is jumping from 2nd straight to 4th sometimes, and again not holding at high RPM in a gear.

Once 5EAT is tuned... It feels nothing like what it does from the factory... I'm happy with is after tune, look to my 3.6 tune thread. And, mind you, this is the first AT car in my life... I was always manual transmission person for over 20years... Get it nicely tuned, and believe you will be much happier :) it is actually pretty good mechanical unit with shitty soft.

Well I've seen the opposite. A shop here in Boise was the first to fit an H6 in a 08+sti

Wonder what ecu they used to run it.

Been thinking, after unplugging all things 5eat which would be alot more than the 6mt which should have a speed sensor and reverse gear sensor wire. Both should be able to get tapped into whatever equivalent wire in the 5eat harness. There would be a shitload of CELs. A tuner should be able to turn off codes from ever coming up. After that car might run since the 6mt is all mechanical. You want second gear my hand puts it in second. In the 5eat there is alot more, valve bodies shutting off and another opening building pressures where they need to be to shift gears smoothly.

Just a hunch really cuz if the CELs are turned off the car wouldn't go into limp mode and should drive. Unless ecu gets jammed up cuz no tcu hooked up.

Do we have wiring schematics of both trannys? Curious.

Been thinking, after unplugging all things 5eat which would be alot more than the 6mt which should have a speed sensor and reverse gear sensor wire. Both should be able to get tapped into whatever equivalent wire in the 5eat harness. There would be a shitload of CELs. A tuner should be able to turn off codes from ever coming up. After that car might run since the 6mt is all mechanical. You want second gear my hand puts it in second. In the 5eat there is alot more, valve bodies shutting off and another opening building pressures where they need to be to shift gears smoothly.

Wouldn't you also need some way for the car to know the clutch is engaged to start it (The same way it requires the car to be in N or P to start)