LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Beefing up the transmission will be a custom job and will require your tranny or a new one if you dont want down time.

A 6 speed swap is gonna run you $8000 to $10,000.

Yea, not ever doing that. I've read about the ipt trans upgrade, it's like 800.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, not ever doing that. I've read about the ipt trans upgrade, it's like 800.

There is an upgrade for the 4th gen 5AT, but not the 5th gen by a vendor on this site.

Did you confirm with IPT for 5th gen?

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I called but it was too late in the day. If you get confirmation for 5th gen Legacy, please let us know.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I'm reading it as WRX / 5EAT meaning it works on the WRX as well as any other 5EAT but that might just be me being hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an upgrade for the 4th gen 5AT, but not the 5th gen by a vendor on this site. Did you confirm with IPT for 5th gen?
Confirmed, they could do it. I talked to them about it about a year or two ago (they are semi-local). They saw no issues in doing their valve body 'upgrade' on our 5th gen 5EAT. As far as the entire 5EAT service goes, they wanted to see the car and have about a week's down-time with the tranny removed. I passed.

Sadly, our local forum vendor (ClimberD@HexMods) who does the 4th gen slush-box upgrades hasn't tackled a 5th gen yet and had no immediate plans to do it in TX. I exchanged a lot of PM with him as well. His changes, even just to the valve body, would be even better than IPTs offering.

Check out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/valve-body-mods-giant-leaps-forward-160101.html

Edited by Perscitus

First page updated to reflect valve body upgrade...thanks.

no 5th gen on this forum has installed it AFAIK. I only put the information up there as provided by stevenc1703.

no 5th gen on this forum has installed it AFAIK. I only put the information up there as provided by stevenc1703.

I also got a response from them via email.

Me:

Does your 5eat valve body rebuild work for a 2011 Subaru legacy 3.6r with the 5eat transmission? Thanks

Them:

Hi,

Yes we can rework those.

Regards, John

Heading to ECS for lwcp install and before and after dyno!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Good man.

I hope they have a good and proven way to dyno a 3.6r.

Please save all runs as jpg and post.

Thanks!