LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for taking the plunge, ItalianLegacy.

Do you have jpgs of all pre and post runs?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

They took the old one off and put the lwcp on it made 1/2 a HP and 1/2 alb of tq

But an lwcp isn't going to give more power. The interesting thing is the reduction in spool time to max rpm. If the data point were taken as apples to apples from 15.3 sec to 15.22 sec. A reduction in almost .1 sec, please check your data for the exact numbers and let us know. Or just go from say time to get from 2000 rpm to 5500 rpm.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Yes, this!

On an NA motor it is sometimes possible to pickup a bit more powha in the form of less of the TQ at the crank being 'wasted' to turn the crank with the pulley and whole belt driven system off of it, which can translate to more of that same TQ (already there with the stock setup, just used differently) making its way to the drive train and to the wheels.

Usually however, all we get is faster spool time to max rpm and faster spool down away from max rpm or steadier rpm travel when engine breaking. This can be significant enough to affect how the car's throttle response feels, how quickly the engine climbs through the RPMs @ WOT, how quickly you can arrive at and hold the rpm range sweet spot where we make peak or high torque.

On an FI motor, the difference, even with an extremely light LWCP is negligible and on the order of % error.

Now, more interestingly ItalianLegacy tells me the stock 3.6R pulley weighs in @ 7.5lbs! The JDM we got weighs in at just 1.5 lbs and the UR prototype I had (fits BRZ/new WRX/new FXT) - 0.5lbs!

Still 7.5 lbs vs 1.5 lbs is ~ 80% mass reduction!

and more importantly for a 'disc' like our crank pulley - that's also ~80% reduction in rotational inertia of this particular part.

I wish I could reduce 80% of the entire rotating mass!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

But an lwcp isn't going to give more power. The interesting thing is the reduction in spool time to max rpm. If the data point were taken as apples to apples from 15.3 sec to 15.22 sec. A reduction in almost .1 sec, please check your data for the exact numbers and let us know. Or just go from say time to get from 2000 rpm to 5500 rpm.

It is like a 1 tenth of a second difference

Yes, this!

On an NA motor it is sometimes possible to pickup a bit more powha in the form of less of the TQ at the crank being 'wasted' to turn the crank with the pulley and whole belt driven system off of it, which can translate to more of that same TQ (already there with the stock setup, just used differently) making its way to the drive train and to the wheels.

What do you think the gains will be from the DAMD steering wheel? :lol:

What do you think the gains will be from the DAMD steering wheel? :lol:

Not a DAMD bit of difference...

You see what I did there??? :cool:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/22/9e2egana.jpg

Why am I reading this out loud with an Aussie accent?