LegacyGT.com

Gex's 2005 RBP Wagon

Gex

• 2 weeks later...

I still need you to put a running engine in the white one and give it to me.

or trade it to me.

or let me sell the red one and buy the white one from you.

pretty serious.

I could suck start a snow blower.

We should have a PNW wagon picture party.

Most definitely! Should do it at one of the passes in the snow. Be awesome.

Derp, she will be done by January I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Ordered the IAG stage 2 block for the RBP wagon. Super excited to get to work.

• 1 month later...

31336136514_d14f92a6e4_k_d.jpg

32135834166_142e16ef22_k_d.jpg

Both cars are in for motor out service. God bless a Washington/Arizona car and Washington car their whole lives. One at 127k the other at 114k miles and maybe a hint of surface rust on either. Easy wrenching.

Edited by Gex

Does everyone in your neighborhood have two similar cars in the drive way?

I like your style, your projects actually get done, good job!

Lol the two Kia Soul EVs are owned by the nicest hippie neighbors you could ask for! They also have that dirty diesel bug. The guy directly across from me has a pretty strong garage and driveway game. 135i Vert, newer V8 X5, and a M Coupe in the garage. There is also a nice Chevy SS,M3, and C7 in the development as well. Solid neighborhood car collection (The rest are boring Mazda 3s,6s,Outbacks,CUV's etc).

Here's how the driveway normally looks. I call it the white collection (happened partially by accident the truck and SWP wagon were only available in white at the time).

31913384340_66a21a7268_c.jpg

Also, as for some progress. My BIL is coming to help pop the motor in the SWP wagon on Sunday. The thing is all bolted together and ready to go. I suspect it should only take an hour or two to hook everything back up and have it running. I would try it myself but you really need an extra set of hands to get the motor in.

Pulled the oil pan from the motor that was in the RBP wagon (that is going in the SWP wagon) and replaced it with a new one. Thing was clean as can be with nary a trace of metal or particles. Bottom end looked great. Combine that with a solid compression and leak down test and it should be happy motoring for many miles on it.

Also found a machine shop near my work that will be doing the heads for the IAG block. I think I am going to have them assemble the full long block as well so It will be plug and play. Stoked to get them both on the road.

It'll be done extremely soon. Motor is in just need to find time to finish it up. Motor was very healthy with good compression/leak down and bottom end looked great when I pulled the oil pan and put a new one on. It will also be given a full three step polish and detail. The OG Vf40 is in impeccable condition and the banjo filter was spotless.

31527888213_73b2fe8242_z_d.jpg

31527883133_2e9c2676db_z_d.jpg

32239718091_dba7ce050a_z_d.jpg

32338782715_59bc9a7a8c_z_d.jpg

Edited by Gex

talk me out of buying the white wagon when it's done

You have a brand new baby girl who needs you. You don't need to spend time switching all your parts around again.

BUT.....

In like 4-5 weeks when your wife has it more figured out, it's nice to get a break and go do something else for awhile. So buy the white wagon :D

So far this thread has been a good lesson in how to get shit done. Impressed with how quickly / smoothly you are doing everything Gex. Boxkita should have hired you to get his black wagon running again.

just don't wait too long. that little bean that doesn't move now will start moving. and getting into things. and causing general chaos the likes you've never seen.

it'll also sleep less and less, and get cuter and cuter.

you'll also find that you want to spend your time playing in that cardboard box that is suddenly kept in the living room, rather than on the cold garage floor trying to remove rusted bolts.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

So far this thread has been a good lesson in how to get shit done. Impressed with how quickly / smoothly you are doing everything Gex. Boxkita should have hired you to get his black wagon running again.

The white wagon will be going soon since the heads didn't have to come off the block. The real test of time management and planning will be how long before the blue wagon is going again :hide:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

The white wagon will be going soon since the heads didn't have to come off the block. The real test of time management and planning will be how long before the blue wagon is going again :hide:

That's a headache for another day. I talked with Surgeline about coming down in May for the dyno tune, so that means I have to have the new motor in and broken in soon. Lots of work to do and finding the time with work and a 4 month old is a challenge. I'll get it though. Wrenching is great therapy after a long day working/daddy day care.