LegacyGT.com

Gex's 2005 RBP Wagon

Gex

• 1 month later...

Big plans in the future for the wagon. Getting a little bored with the VF52 and have chosen to add some more powahhh!

20158480930_a642508b4a_z.jpg

Build to follow

-Blouch Dom1.5xtr 3" cold side 8cm hot side

-Agency Power UEL header

-AVO 3" turbo inlet

-Cobb SF intake

-Grimmspeed STI top mount intercooler with Grimmspeed Ypipe and throttle body hose

-ID 1000cc top feed injectors

-07 STI intake manifold,throttle body and fuel rails

-Zerolift topfeed tgv deletes

-Grimmspeed 8mm phenolic spacers

Drivetrain

-Moore performance blast plates and new spec stage 2+ clutch disk

Really looking forward to getting this done. Shooting for 350-380 whp on a Mustang. Currently at 300/308 with the vf52.

Already have a DW65c. Should be plenty for the id1000s. That Aeromotive setup looks well complicated! Stock rails ftw! I might look into putting in the sti fuel pump control module. Have to see what the tuner wants.

My buddies dom1.5xtr with id1000s and dw65c pump on an 09 wrx works like a champ. But the module is a little different.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fuel-pump-control-module-143860p4.html

• 2 months later...

I went with the STI intake manifold because when doing the install on my friends 09 wrx we couldn't get the 3" inlet to fit under the plastic manifold. I realize now that it was most likely due to the air pump emission controls or fuel line being in the way but I already bought the manifold and fuel rails so I'm going over the deep end. Just picked up an sti topmount and zero lift tgv deletes. So I should have everything I need to install the turbo. Thinking about starting work on the car this weekend.

Also looks like Imageshack finally turned off my photos. Will have to reload the ones for the front page.

I went with the STI intake manifold because when doing the install on my friends 09 wrx we couldn't get the 3" inlet to fit under the plastic manifold. I realize now that it was most likely due to the air pump emission controls or fuel line being in the way

I was talking with M Sprank briefly about this and he mentioned the phenolic spacers are good for making room under the plastic intake manifold for 3 inch inlets.

Looking forward to seeing your build complete.

Thank you! The detailing was definitely a labor of love. I will need to give it a thorough re-detail after I get all these parts on and its off the rollers. Dyno tune scheduled for Jan 9th! I hate to number chase but I feel with the parts I have 350-370 should be no problem.

Also this thread needs some pictures!

21869542704_4a470cfa92_c.jpg

22304327430_a016dcbe73_c.jpg

21869543164_abd93ed368_c.jpg

22171567524_7c8c547a78_c.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am balls deep into the new build and it is proving much more difficult and time consuming then many many many other 05-06LGT top feed injector setups but I will make it through and get the wagon choo chooing with the new turbo and STI Intake manifold very soon.

Before

23252595989_ec7a0aa987_c.jpg

Progress/Mock up

23663816355_31c2da79ff_c.jpg

Updated front page with full build

Looking good so far! I started with the STI harness - completely de-loomed, removed /added/repurposed wiring, re-loomed, and combined all engine connections into the large E2 connector (which then required modifying the bulkhead harness to the ECU). Having done it before by modifying the LGT harness I found this to be cleaner, although more involved and more difficult to reverse.

I still think I will need to splice some wire connectors but so far it looks good OCV,Knock ,evap,cam position,crank position,etc... appear the same. I hope I don't have to repin anything (I think/hope the main and transmission plugs are plug and play), but I'm not afraid to fire up the solder iron and swap connectors.

Haha. I just did this a few weeks back, so I feel your pain!

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I'm hoping they work flawlessly as I had one of the dw740 side feed injectors go bad on me. Should be a good setup. Tons of cars running the id1000s and I have not seen near the failure rate of the larger side feeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update

Turbo is on, turbo inlet is on, IAG tgv deletes are in with the Grimmspeed phenolic spacers, fuel lines and injectors are in and hooked up, header is installed, one step colder plugs installed per tuners request. In the process of plumbing it all up. I'm about 90% complete. Still need a Subaru specific hose before I can toss the intake manifold back on. Looking forward to getting the car up and running.

23388305183_c04396c330_z_d.jpg

23388303633_64594e6909_z_d.jpg

23647368989_0c4212413e_z_d.jpg

23932697401_f8354bde65_z_d.jpg